PDA

View Full Version : HOW LONG WOULD IT TAKE???????????????

cueball1950
11-05-2002, 10:39 PM
DOES ANOONE HERE HAVE ANY IDEA HOW LONG IT WOULD TAKE TO HOLD A 32 MAN DOUBLE ELIMINATION 1 POCKET TOURNAMENT.? HOW MANY DAYS. WE ARE THINKING OF HAVING ONE HERE IN ALBANY AND WERE JUST WONDERING HOW LONG IT WOULD TAKE.......MIKE

Chris Cass
11-05-2002, 10:47 PM
OO, OO,

I know this one. Voodoo knows. 2 days total if, it's a race to three.

Regards,

C.C.~~Voodoo commentates excellent...

11-05-2002, 10:53 PM
Number of tables you use and the length of the race are the biggest factors. One thing that can help, is if you can play where the next match starts on the next available table. This keeps things moving. If you try to play in set rounds, a slow match brings everything to a halt.

cueball1950
11-05-2002, 11:31 PM
we have 22 tables to use if necessary. but would start with only 16 so everyone starts at the same time

Voodoo Daddy
11-05-2002, 11:45 PM
Ok Mike...here it is. Start with a 11:30 players meeting and start them all at once at high noon. You will have 2 slow matches per bracket. Dont stop putting players out to play, play until you get to the final 6 players {I assume your gonna pay eight places} and you should be done with day one around 8-9 PM. Sunday start again at noon and have the final race to 4 ...because someone will be undefeated and you want the guy one the one-loss side to earn it. Good luck with it and get alot of rest before it goes down, you'll need it, HAHAHAHAHAHA!

Chris Cass
11-06-2002, 12:09 AM
Voodoo,

Now when are you gonna get something going down in Fla.? I need an excuse to come to Fla. for a weekend. I need to see my brother won't cut it. I would like to slip in one of those handicap jobs that Kato enters and come in as a 7. /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif I can see it now, Kato giving me the wild 6 out. /ccboard/images/icons/laugh.gif

Regards,

C.C.~~Voodoo rules in Fla. I want to meet Dennis sometime.

rackmup
11-06-2002, 08:24 AM
An excellent way to keep things running smoothly is through the use of a laptop computer and the free download at playpool.com, "Pool Tournament Manager".

It allows you at the "click of a mouse" to determine the payout, table assignments, when and which tables are available, etc. I used it in AZ when I ran a nineball tournament for our local TD who went on a two-week vacation. We finished two hours earlier than usual every Saturday and Sunday due to the effectiveness of this free program.

Regards,

Ken (if you don't have a laptop, I'll send you mine /ccboard/images/icons/wink.gif)