PDA

View Full Version : Hey KarateMom...

9 Ball Girl
11-06-2002, 10:55 PM
Hi Heide. You mentioned about a month ago or maybe it was the end of September that you joined a BCA 8 ball league. Just wondering how it's turning out for you.

Karatemom
11-07-2002, 12:31 AM
Hi Wendy! Yep, I did. I'm on a great team. They don't care so much about winning as they do about just playing and having fun. There are 3 of us who go every week, and the rest fill in when needed.

My first week, I scored an 18, then 14, 14, 25, and 23 last night. I won my first game, then gagged the 8 on my 2nd, then ran 6 balls and gagged my last one in my 3rd game. But I beat Chris in points last night. That's my whole goal, isn't it? LOL He says I've got bragging rights, but I think it's skill /ccboard/images/icons/laugh.gif. We play his team on December 3. We've already bet on that match /ccboard/images/icons/laugh.gif.

Anyway, I'm glad I got hooked up with these BCA leagues. It's a great time and all my teammates are real nice. I've already seen a few of them at other tourneys around. I'm still the "new kid on the block" and don't know any of the other teams, but a few, that we have played, but am making friends fast.

Thanks for thinking of me.

Heide ~ 26 days til the battle of the Cass' /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif

Kato
11-07-2002, 08:15 AM
Heide, good for you. Beating Chris will soon be a way of life for you. For my birthday present (Dec 2, 1 day before the Battle For Moline) you can beat that corn picker and rule the family forever!!!!!!!!!!

Kato~~~a tad melodramatic?

9 Ball Girl
11-07-2002, 10:58 AM
Ahhh yes. It sounds like it's going to be a good old fashion show down! http://smilies.networkessence.net/s/contrib/edoom/boxing_smiley.gif

Do tell us the results when the time comes!!!

cheesemouse
11-07-2002, 03:28 PM
Kmom,
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr>26 days til the battle of the Cass'
<hr></blockquote>

Last Tuesday night in a local 8-ball league a husband/wife who play on different teams were playing each other and everbody in the place knew the deal. There was only the eightball left on the table and he had the first shot. Everybody in the place was on his case and he had to get off the shot acouple times before he got down and dogged it. THE PLACE WENT WILD. You could tell that the wife would love to make this one....a hush came over the crowd.....SHE SHAKES IT IN THE HOLE.....the place went nuts and she came three feet off the ground and then ran around and high fived everyone in the bar....it was a great pool scene, what a good time. I was laughing so hard I had tears in my eyes.....I hope you drill the old man...heheheheh LOL.