PDA

View Full Version : Ugliest thing, to my pride and joy!

MaineEAck
03-06-2002, 09:27 PM
Well, I had a house cue but, that the local pool hall owner gave to me. It had more dings then an elevator.!!! He had big cracks, dents, you name it, if there is something that can be wrong with a cue, it had it!!! Lol, so first I just got my pins and tap (3/8” - 10) from atlas, so I put a pin in the butt… that came out great… and I was like hey, I have some ugly looking wood to put as the joint collar, I will throw that on.. Well this ugly wood looks AWSOME once you cut is down and polish it up.. When I find out what it is, I WILL BUY BULK! Lol, so I saw how great that was so IO started sanding down the but. It butt it ding free, and I am now waiting for the epoxy to dry for the butt cap.. I will take a pic in a few days for everyone to see.. I think it will look great!
well, gota run it should be dry after this novel!!! lol

stickman
03-06-2002, 10:00 PM
Good to hear of your success. I just wish I could afford a lathe.

stickman~~~~~> green with envy. :-)

JimS
03-06-2002, 10:04 PM
Happy for you! You'll remember this first attempt and should be sure to keep it. Regards, JimS

Chris Cass
03-07-2002, 07:16 AM
Like my brother Stickman, I'm green with ivory.
C.C.~~in Jordans corner.

MaineEAck
03-07-2002, 08:50 AM
Thanks everyone, I will have pics probably tomarrow... I am so happy I did not mess anything up.!.!.!. I am thinking about putting it behind class like a stores first dollar... lol, but that would be some BIG GLASS