PDA

View Full Version : What are good nicknames of locals /non-pros ?

11-07-2002, 03:58 PM
Just curious to hear some. Doesn't matter Men or women and how good are they?

11-07-2002, 04:27 PM
Always have something to do with the person themselves and are not dumb made up names like the pros.
Limo Jimmy
Airport Steve (not sure why)
Dollar Dave (top bet)
John doe (makes pizzas)
Kinko (hair like art Garfunkle)
Busthead (descriptive)
Sugar Shack Johnny (place he used to hang out)
Freddie the beard (obvious)
To many to list but the funny thing, these names stick. With John Doe, few people who know him don't know it is not his name.

SpiderMan
11-07-2002, 04:48 PM
We have quite a few. Some are not used in the assignee's presense.

Crazy Sue

Randy the Plumber

The Bag Lady (local gal in her 50's, AKA Marsha)

Goat Licker (a free-form pronounciation of local LO's name)

Black Larry (guess there must be a "White Larry" with whom we're avoiding confusion)

Lizard (don't ask)

Fat Mike (obvious)

Hippie Dave (obvious)

The Iguana (obvious once you see him in profile)

Powder (another "don't ask")

SpiderMan (stands at close right corner pocket, puts foot on left side rail, leans downtable to shoot near foot rail, no rake)

11-07-2002, 05:57 PM
The Big Easy will be a gold mine. Here are just a few, and let's hope one of the locals will pick it up and go:

Hotel Dave
Humphrey
Westbank Richie
Poker Steve
Kid Chris
Downtown Eddie Brown
Li'l Sal
Buffalo
Pickle
Red Rifle

Voodoo Daddy
11-07-2002, 06:01 PM
Airport Steve...I wonder if there is more than one? I know one from NYC-Ft Lauderdale-Vegas. What a character he is, has his own dictionary of words...HAHAHAHAHAHA

eg8r
11-07-2002, 06:29 PM
rackmups nickname is guppie. That is what he is going to feel like when tonight. ha ha

eg8r

CarolNYC
11-08-2002, 05:02 AM
Boy,we've got some names,but your topic would have to read"bad nicknames!" ha ha ha
Carol

Eric.
11-08-2002, 11:13 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Anonymous:</font><hr> Just curious to hear some. Doesn't matter Men or women and how good are they? <hr></blockquote>

Are you kidding me? I'm in NJ-everbody has a nickname:

Ozzie
trips
Fat Danny
Ace
Chunky Monkey
Lizard
Blood(RIP)
Squeeze
Mark the Shark
Sweets

Between Poolplayers, motorcycle clubs, and guys in the "Union" this can be an all day affair!

Eric &gt;also known as-Eric

Mr Ingrate
11-08-2002, 12:28 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Anonymous:</font><hr> Just curious to hear some. Doesn't matter Men or women and how good are they? <hr></blockquote>

Two guys, one named Thompson and the other Thomson. Referred to as "Wet Thompson" and "Dry Thomson". "Dry" was the one without the P.

11-08-2002, 03:27 PM
I knew of this guy once they called ratface- don't really know why I think it was because his teeth. he wasnt'much of a player but the name sticks out in my mind and for the ladies I don't really know of any maybe some one out there can help.

Voodoo Daddy
11-09-2002, 09:37 PM
Hippie Dave? Drives a schoolbus? Plays pretty sporty?

SpiderMan
11-11-2002, 09:59 AM
Plays a decent game. Often looked like he slept on a park bench. Haven't seen him for a while. Most easily-remembered trait is his tip, he plays with an assymmetrical "shovel" or "wedge" contour, using an abbreviated stroke and lots of spin. Rotates the tip every shot to get the contour against the ball.

SpiderMan

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Voodoo Daddy:</font><hr> Hippie Dave? Drives a schoolbus? Plays pretty sporty? <hr></blockquote>

Voodoo Daddy
11-11-2002, 02:11 PM
Same guy...