PDA

View Full Version : Sweet & Big Bob Ogb. undefeated in Senior Tourney!

Doomsday Machine
11-07-2002, 10:58 PM
Toby Sweet & Big Bob Ogbourne still undefeated in Miz's Senior Tournament. Two of the best 9-ball players (non-tournament) of the last 30 years kickin' some butt and taken some names !! I continue to pray that one of the two meets up with Jimmy Reid and sends Jimmy home with his tail between his legs. When Steve Mizerak & Toby Sweet were at the top of their respective games Toby went into Miz's place and gave Miz the 7 and beat him for approx. $5,000 at $200 a game !!! How strong is that ???

Voodoo Daddy
11-07-2002, 11:18 PM
Havent been able to leave the house...I got sun poisoning Monday and the Dr told me to stay still. Toby is the man and Big Bob still can send it, so says Voodoo. I wish I could have gone...oh well, they wont miss me.

11-08-2002, 08:25 AM
Doomsday do you know how many places and what the payout is in the senior tournament at Miz's place is. Thanks

Doomsday Machine
11-08-2002, 10:41 AM
Not sure exactly how far down they pay, but the first 4 places are paid $10,000, $6,000, $4,000 & $3,000, which would indicate they will pay probably the first 16 places or even further. Hope this helps. Doomsday

phil in sofla
11-11-2002, 07:49 PM
Toby Sweet lost to Claude X (sorry, can't recall the last name, something that reminds me of Manishevitz, but that isn't even that close), the eventual winner of the event. Toby drew Buddy Hall, was up 9-6 on the hill against Hall, which closed to 9-8, when he got ball in hand on an early ball. As I understood it from later discussion (not there to see it at the 3 o'clock matches), he tried a combo or carom on another ball in the jaws, thinned the hit for more distance on the leave, and with the extra roll, scratched. Buddy got out to make it hill-hill, and then broke and ran out to eliminate Sweet.

Big Bob had Varner down 9-3, and Varner came back to win. Later, Bob said he only had one real chance to get out in all the intervening games, at about 9-6, but chose to draw off the ball when he says he should have gone two rails instead. The hill-hill game was very strategically played, with Varner badly snookered Bob in the middle part of the rack. He chose to tie up the 6 and 7 balls, and did such a great job at it that neither player made the 5 for about 4 innings back and forth. Buddy and Howard Vickery stopped their match on the adjoining table during the hill-hill game.

One moment of humor: sometime in the match, Bob was getting down on a shot off the short rail, and Buddy was getting down on a shot on his long rail, the two tables parallel to one another. Bob got up from his shot to wait for Buddy to finish, and the railbirds were heard to remark: 'Big Bob just got sharked by Buddy's big butt.' LOL!

11-11-2002, 09:24 PM
Bustamante undefeated at Tokyo 9 ball Tourney

BUSTAMANTE over Souquet!

Now that settles who is the BEST player of the year.