PDA

View Full Version : Buying balls

Brent
11-08-2002, 02:39 AM
Hi again. This time Id like some advice about buying balls. Well I dont have a table myself but since I get along very well with my local poolrooms admin then he said that hed let me play for free if I had my own balls. Thats like a dream come true to me cuz I dont work yet and all my money goes to pool. Sa anyway now I decided to buy a set of balls...but which ones. Dont offer me anything expencive..I wouldnt know the difference anyway /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif

Rich R.
11-08-2002, 05:12 AM
Check out Mueller',
www.poolndarts.com (http://www.poolndarts.com)
or one of the other internet dealers. You can find balls in a variety of qualities and price ranges.
The best are the Brunswick Centennial balls and the Super Aramith Pro balls, but they are expensive.
Buy the best you can afford.
Rich R.

11-08-2002, 08:09 AM
Aramith offers a number of different sets of balls at different price points - all good quality balls for the money. Other than the Brunswick Centennial (which is made at the very same factory (just a different paint job), the Aramith line is considered the very best in the industry.

The Aramith Belgian Super Pro is the top of the line ball the pros play with - and sells for around $180 retail (can be found for around $120 if you really search around. The next best ball in their line is now the Aramith Belgian Premium ball - a new offering which retails for about $120 and may be found for as little as $80 on the internet. This ball has replaced the Aramith Belgian Premier which has now been discontinued.

The next best ball in their line is the Aramith Crown Standard - available for around $80 retail, and may be found for as little as $60. This ball looks alot plainer than either of the other 2 sets, but will play nearly the same. Anything below this quality from Aramith or any other manufacturers would IMO NOT be recommended for serious players and would generally have silk-screened numbers and colors which will wear off over time as opposed to the solid colors for the higher quality balls. - Chris in NC

Chris Cass
11-08-2002, 08:31 AM
Hi Brent,

That doesn't sound right to me. If the guy's going to let you play for nothing, why doesn't he? Buying your own set of balls just doesn't make sence. Are you sure he wasn't just shooting you a line of bull?

Learn how to do something like tips or something else to get free time. Maybe work a couple hrs for him in return for free time. This doesn't make sence at all. What you need to do is sell a few cues and pay the way yourself.

Regards,

C.C.~~next he'll tell ya to bring in your own table.