PDA

View Full Version : Huge Action at Billy Weir's

rackmup
11-08-2002, 05:43 AM
Okay...it wasn't really huge. It was more like a friendly matchup between rackmup & eg8r. A 9-ball race-to-twenty for $20.

Without going into the sordid details, eg8r owes me a Jackson after going down 20-18. He said the money made him nervous so the next set was a race-to-twenty for fun.

Ed...was it fun? eg8r went down in flames, 20-8!

I'm certain Ed will have his version of the events posted here later this morning. I've simply given the factual details. He will certainly embellish the story with a little more color.

See you tonight Eddie-boy. Tell Heather I said "Hi".

Regards,

Ken (Ed...wanna borrow my McCready tape to help get you back in stroke?)

Perk
11-08-2002, 06:04 AM
Confusing me with that "Jackson" talk....I assumed you ment "Benjamin".....lol

The cost for table time for me in a race to 20 would be more than the price of admission to the table...:)
Hope it was fun.

Ward
11-08-2002, 07:51 AM
Ken

I thought Billy closed at 2:00am. I am surprised you guys could get in a race to 20...

Later

Kato
11-08-2002, 08:10 AM
So Ken, you're flush again huh? What ya gonna do with all that dough?

Kato

eg8r
11-08-2002, 10:38 AM
Ward, although rackmup did beat me pretty bad, I think your post hurts the most. lol

eg8r <~~~I understand your post was more directed toward rackmup

eg8r
11-08-2002, 10:41 AM
We do not pay the table time. We have a membership to the pool hall which is $50 a month. This membership gives us all the table time we want, plus a new T-shirt when we renew. Well, the T-shirt thing was a scam, they have no intentions of doing this.

Anyways, I had free table time since I was at the end of the month and I probably played close to 40 hours played there this month. The normal cost of table time is $4/hour so I made my money back pretty quick. Rackmup just renewed, so he is chipping away at his $50.

eg8r

eg8r
11-08-2002, 10:46 AM
Just for the record, rackmup was a wonderful opponent, and I don't mind losing to him. It helps him out and sort of gives him a lift up. Actually, he beat me pretty bad the second game. It really was not that "close", as he was winning 18 to 5 when I finally got 3 racks (I did not run these by any means, rackmup sort of went into a funk for a couple racks).

I was really pumped up to beat him last night in the first race. When I got there, i broke and ran down to the 7. All of a sudden my 3 ball"itis"(sp?) kicked in and i missed the easy shot. I completely went down hill from there.

Maybe rackmup will spot me a couple balls tonight?

eg8r <~~~I do not have an embellishment bone in my body

rackmup
11-08-2002, 12:28 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: eg8r:</font><hr>Rackmup just renewed, so he is chipping away at his $50.<hr></blockquote>

...but with eg8r's $20 in my pocket, my membership has been reduced to $30 and adding up table time since the beginning of the month at $4 per hour, I'm actually playing in the "black" now.

Ken (spotting eg8r the 8 in another race-to-twenty-for-$20 if he's feeling sporty again tonight)

eg8r
11-08-2002, 01:15 PM
I really don't think spotting me the 8 is going to help. I think I need to pocket some balls a little more consistently. I think Heather is coming tonight so we will see.

eg8r

rackmup
11-08-2002, 05:27 PM
I don't want to get on the little woman's "bad side." And as far as I'm concerned, you were strokin' 'em j-u-s-t fine.

See you later, eg8r.

Ken

rackmup
11-09-2002, 10:42 AM
eg8r has found his stroke and currently has me down 11-6 in our most recent race-to-20. We couldn't finish the set last night, as they (eg8r and his bride) had to leave early.

It seems there was an episode of "Will &amp; Grace" that neither could miss and eg8r wanted to watch the much anticipated "Quilting with the Amish" on HGTV.

Newlyweds. Jeesh!

I will regain my superiority over eg8r's skills and regain the lead today. I have a distinct advantage going into this afternoon. You see...eg8r is buying his wife a new car today. I figure after a morning of bartering over new-car costs, trade-in allowances and countless "Let me run that by my sales manager, I don't think he'll go for it but I'll fight for you because I think you're great kids" from the salesman, he will be too busy trying to get his butt to "de-pucker"after counting out the final cost of that new little ride once you figure in interest rates, insurance, monthly payments, upkeep, depreciation, etc. to concentrate on 9-ball.

Regards,

Ken

eg8r
11-09-2002, 06:01 PM
Wow, I have never seen sentences drawn out so long. lol Well, I am heading over to Billy Weirs in a couple minutes. It appears that my Hurricanes dismantled the Vols so I can head up there.

On the car purchase, it was as painless as can be. Rackmup beware, I was at Hawleys today and picked up some joint protectors, I think you might be in trouble.

eg8r

rackmup
11-10-2002, 01:23 AM
eg8r pummeled me today. OnePocketChamp pummeled me today. Man...today, I was pummeled.

Kato...the cue might be back on the market again.

Regards,

Ken (did manage to pummel OPC in three games of 1-hole today)

eg8r
11-10-2002, 05:52 PM
Yesterday was victorious for all (if you played Ken in 9ball).

eg8r &lt;~~Wished I would have bet and won my money back, now the wifey is begging me to gamble. lol

rackmup
11-11-2002, 09:49 AM
eg8r = 20 games.
rackmup = 11 games.
eg8r = $20 -
rackmup = $20 +

rackmup is still the weiner...er, winner.

It was fun just the same!

C'mon momma...let the boy gamble a little.

Ken