PDA

View Full Version : Who is your INSPIRATION for Pool ?

bigbro6060
11-08-2002, 06:18 PM
at this point in time, it's Gerry Watson. saw him play in the world pool championships and he looks like he's ready for a nursing home, but there he is,holding his own against the best in the world ! why is this an inspiration ?

well i'm 28 so i know i've got many years in which i can improve before my physical abilities are impaired due to nature. Compared this to just about every other sport where over the age of 35, things go downhill

Efren is almost 50 isn't he ? he looks ready to go another decade or 2 at least !

playingwise, Stephen Hendry is my inspiration

Ludba
11-08-2002, 09:35 PM
I think Jeanette Lee has inspired me the most. Her extraordinary determination and improvement in such a short amount of time (reached pro level in 5 years) encourages me to believe that I can do the same or better.

Voodoo Daddy
11-08-2002, 09:45 PM
Inspiration for life? My Grandfather, Peter floated from Europe here with nothing...became a success in business, had a great family and a great life traveling the world by ship. Survived 7 heart attacks before passing at 83 years old 12 years ago. I can still hear him say "Kid, try like you'll never be able to try again and whatever they fire at you...fire it back that much harder"!! A true mans man. Inspiration in pool? Two guys...Johnny Ervolino...at 67 still runs 300+ balls and Michael Coltrain trying to overcome his recent life trials. Watching him at the Open made me aware that I have given up on my dreams of pool greatness and has jumpstarted my interests.

bluewolf
11-09-2002, 01:08 AM
As far as for life, I have to say my dad. he was so positive,made good logical decisions and accepted life on life's terms without any bitterness. he also taught me how to play many sports. and between the age of 10 and 14 or so,we played on a small pool table in the attic.i think it was smaller than a barbox. neither of us knew what we were doing, but it was a way to spend time together and i got introduced to the game at a young age.

i really look up to effren, as far as the pool pros and admire the two instructors i have had (scott and randy g).

bw

preacherman
11-09-2002, 05:16 PM
I would have to say Jeanette Lee's one of my inspirations in Pool. And recommend her book: "The Black Widow's Guide to Killer Pool" It tells about what it took for her to become a pro and also some good basic instructions on the game of pool. She is also an inspiration for the way she has pushed through her illness of scoliosis and arthritis.
She is also a very friendly and polite in person.

I would also have to mention Tommy Kennedy.
He is the nices, friendliest guy any one could met.
He is also a strong Christian, and not ashamed of it.
He is quite a good player and has been an example of
pool/billiards minus all the garbage/bad image.
If everyone in the pool world acted like Tommy, pool would have a lot of respect.

That's my vote!

Jim
(goproclaim@aol.com)
www.geocities.com/pool4christ/ (http://www.geocities.com/pool4christ/)

MikeM
11-10-2002, 10:01 PM
Little Mo...Maureen Seto

MM