PDA

View Full Version : Aiming the image

11-10-2002, 02:49 PM
Just thought i'e post another one of my hair brained ideas. Actually it's probably not new, but it came to me none the less only because........it's freekin me out! Cant miss!!

Note; I only aply this up to half ball hits AND if position can be easily gained by doing it.

Simply line yourself up in the usual way. When you address the cue ball place the tip of your cue in the same location on the cue ball as the contact point of the object ball. Hit at normal cue speed and presto! split the pocket. Maybe i'm doing something else that i don't see like some funky back hand stuff but i'm telling ya, i can't miss with this /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif St

Chris Cass
11-10-2002, 03:30 PM
Nope,

It's just focusing and don't mess with it if it works. LOL

Regards,

C.C.

smfsrca
11-10-2002, 03:36 PM
This is an affective aiming technique when using inside english. It should, however, hit thick if you are using outside english.
Steve in CA

Mr Ingrate
11-10-2002, 06:25 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Anonymous:</font><hr> Just thought i'e post another one of my hair brained ideas. Actually it's probably not new, but it came to me none the less only because........it's freekin me out! Cant miss!!

Note; I only aply this up to half ball hits AND if position can be easily gained by doing it.

Simply line yourself up in the usual way. When you address the cue ball place the tip of your cue in the same location on the cue ball as the contact point of the object ball. Hit at normal cue speed and presto! split the pocket. Maybe i'm doing something else that i don't see like some funky back hand stuff but i'm telling ya, i can't miss with this /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif St <hr></blockquote>

Stretch,

Doesn't sound so hair-brained to me. You are using outside english to compensate for collision induced throw.

phil in sofla
11-11-2002, 07:30 PM
I've run across this idea in my reading. Evidently, there has long been an aiming technique using the edge of the ferrule on the side of the cue stick tip that will first contact the cue ball, just as you say, on the contact point of the cue ball, which is equal and opposite from the edge as the contact point on the OB is.

Find that point, put the 'leading edge' of the cue tip aligned at that point of the cue ball toward the contact point on the OB, and stroke medium down that line.

The DPM materials even have tricks of cue placement to give you required exact ball fraction hits, sort of an extension of this idea.