PDA

View Full Version : rounders, color of money, and the hustler

03-06-2002, 11:44 PM
three best movies ever made, and rounders just might have topped the charts if they had a pool theme in there some where.

and PS...... siuol evol i ......even though he is such an a$$ sometimes......

heater451
03-07-2002, 09:39 AM
What about 'Kingpin'?

Kato
03-07-2002, 09:42 AM
Rounders I like the most with The Hustler in close second.

Kato

03-07-2002, 09:50 AM
the hustler, best movie ever

Doctor_D
03-07-2002, 10:02 AM
Good morning:

The "Hustler" was indeed a great movie, long, but great none the less. Color of Money was "OK", but it seemed to get a little too weird for me.

Dr. D.

dave
03-07-2002, 10:30 AM
I agree with you about "the Rounders", If it had been about pool it would have been the best of the three. "The Hustler" was great, but way too depressing for me. The "Color of Money" was a little too silly, simplistic, and unbelievable for my tastes.

Q-guy
03-07-2002, 10:53 AM
All three have audience appeal, but can be it a little annoying seeing any subject you have an intimate knowledge of depicted in the movies. From what movie makers usually do, I am sure firemen who saw the movie Backdraft came out shaking their heads. As would someone who knows auto racing after seeing Days of Thunder. At least it creates awareness. I am sure there are some on the board that gained an interest in the game after the movie Color of Money.

Alfie
03-08-2002, 07:14 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: heater451:</font><hr> What about 'Kingpin'? <hr></blockquote>
Loved it. Bill Murray did the best job with Ernie McCracken.

Hate it when I get munsoned

One of my favorites is "Zorro, the Gay Blade," though there is no gambling in it. http://us.imdb.com/Title?0083366

03-08-2002, 07:41 PM
WHat is "Rounders" about? I've never even heard of the movie.
WHat is the plot?

Alfie
03-08-2002, 08:36 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: TheShot:</font><hr> WHat is "Rounders" about? I've never even heard of the movie.
WHat is the plot? <hr></blockquote>

http://us.imdb.com/Plot?0128442

Tom_In_Cincy
03-08-2002, 10:19 PM
All were good movies.
The Walter Tevis book was much better than the movie and the sequel book (basis for COM) was ok.
Hollywood has never made a movie that is close to what sports and competition are all about. Doubt they ever will.

But, I do like the sport fantasy movies like COM, Hustler, Baltimore Bullet. I have the letter box version of the Hustler on VHS and it is so much better than the regular video.. from a movie viewing pleasure point of veiw..

#### leonard
03-12-2002, 09:06 AM
The only thing I didn'tlike about the Color of Money was that it had everyone twirling their cues like batons. It made me sad that Charlie "The Bear" wasn't around to cure that disease.####