PDA

View Full Version : Whats the biggest money game

11-10-2002, 11:31 PM
What was the most money ever won or played per set ever? And, that does not include the IRS cut if any?

Cueless Joey
11-10-2002, 11:39 PM
I believe Archie the Greek lost half a mil at Hard Times years ago to somebody who will remain anonymous because YOU might work for the IRS. lol

11-11-2002, 12:08 AM
LOL, very funny ... And what year would that have been? Location and time? LOL

Cueless Joey
11-11-2002, 12:29 AM
Archie and Anonymous played some one hole for more than a day I am told. This was around early 90's.
The player bought a pool place in Vegas with his winning. He had to split it with the stakehorse.
Archie The Greek of course was profiled on Discovery Channel as the biggest gambler in Vegas ever. The story is he was 26-36 million dollars ahead one time at Binion's and lost it all in two years. Last time I saw him, he was playing 20 dollar games. Yikes!
He has disappeared. Rumor has it he won a few millions again in poker (he was backed). I believe his new name is Kaizer Soze. lol

11-11-2002, 08:22 AM
Don't know how reliable this is but what about these 2 playing a few years ago for a few days heard the amounts got up into KKK,KKK

bluewolf
11-11-2002, 08:32 AM
Which pool game is the biggest? I vote for one-pocket based on the little I have seen.

Laura

Rip
11-11-2002, 09:27 AM
Interesting story about Archie. He's still around and doing very well. Enjoy, Rip

http://www.cigaraficionado.com/Cigar/Aficionado/people/fh694.html

PQQLK9
11-11-2002, 10:04 AM
Nice article Rip...my heart rate went up just reading it.

Cueless Joey
11-11-2002, 11:01 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Rip:</font><hr> Interesting story about Archie. He's still around and doing very well. Enjoy, Rip

<a target="_blank" href=http://www.cigaraficionado.com/Cigar/Aficionado/people/fh694.html>http://www.cigaraficionado.com/Cigar/Aficionado/people/fh694.html</a> <hr></blockquote>
KO Rip, don't hold back. Where is he? lol
Of course, you know who beat Archie at Hard Times.
Your stroke is just a little smoother than his.;-)

Vagabond
11-11-2002, 04:28 PM
Howdy anonymous,<font color="red"> </font color>
I am not mentioning the name of the guy who beat Archie.now he is a part owner of a pool room in one city in a western state. When I was there two weeks ago, <font color="red"> </font color> I told the Janitor of the place that I will play him if he gives me break and 12-3. Cheers
vagabond <font color="red"> </font color>

Rip
11-11-2002, 05:57 PM
Hi Vagabond, how in the heck did you visit and miss the opportunity to rob me? No one leaves town until they rob me! I feel cheated! Rip~~can't believe Vagabond got out of town without some of my cash. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Vagabond:</font><hr> Howdy anonymous,<font color="red"> </font color>
I am not mentioning the name of the guy who beat Archie.now he is a part owner of a pool room in one city in a western state. When I was there two weeks ago, <font color="red"> </font color> I told the Janitor of the place that I will play him if he gives me break and 12-3. Cheers
vagabond <font color="red"> </font color> <hr /></blockquote>

02-07-2003, 03:17 PM
Great story about "Archie the Greek " playing the author of a book I just read entitled "The Green Felt Jungle".

cycopath
02-10-2003, 12:42 PM
Yeah, I read that book. Really good book. Easy read. And based right around my area.