PDA

View Full Version : Pool room nits and loyalty

11-11-2002, 10:01 AM
I was wondering if anyone observed the same thing as me about nits in a pool room and how they can't be trusted. I've noticed that the one who won't spring for a cup of coffee or the one who is always complaining about how much this or that costs is the one who will turn you in to a stranger or double steer you. It's like they have no backbone or loyalty to the local players. All they're concerned about it what goes in and out of their pocket. Does anyone else find this to be true?

Robbie C.

Cueless Joey
11-11-2002, 11:24 AM
People who want to make money in the pool hall can't be trusted, period.
What's worse is, their habbit of lying in the pool hall carries on outside of the pool hall. I have a friend who is a great guy but he's a hustler. He lies thru his teeth when it comes to money/business. So I don't talk business with him.
Btw, this carries on EVERYWHERE where gambling goes on.
Gambling brings the worst in people. Some people can manage it, most can't.

11-11-2002, 11:35 AM
Not everyone who gambles is a liar. There are people who gamble with dignity.

11-11-2002, 11:42 AM
There used to be a sort of "ethics" that people in the pool room followed. The newer generation of pool players don't know anything about that. My generation of pool players is worse than the generations before us as well. It's been progressive (or regressive, if you want to say that).

Cueless Joey
11-11-2002, 11:43 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Joe Bloe:</font><hr> Not everyone who gambles is a liar. There are people who gamble with dignity. <hr></blockquote>
I didn't say everyone Joe. Some people can handle it, most can't.

rackmup
11-11-2002, 01:15 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Joe Bloe:</font><hr>Not everyone who gambles is a liar. There are people who gamble with dignity.<hr></blockquote>

I agree with Joe.

If you ask a guy who walks into the pool room at 4:30-5:30PM, "Hey! Where have you been? I haven't seen you in awhile" and he responds "Man, I've been swamped at work. I have hardly been in the poolhall recently."

That guy, you can probably trust if he wants to gamble a little.

If you ask another guy the same question under the same scenario and he responds, "Man...first, I had to wait in line at the Blood Bank to scrape up $30.00 so I could buy gas to go into town and pawn my Timex. Then, I had to run down to the freakin' Unemployment Office to file for my next check and then pick my girlfriend up at the Welfare Office. Hey...wanna shoot some friendly nineball? I'm good for the cash."

This guy...well, you draw your own conclusions.

Regards,

Ken (Have to run. I need to get to the Blood Bank, the Pawn Shop, the Unemployment Office and go pick up my foodstamps.)