PDA

View Full Version : All users must register in order to post

ccboard_admin_back
11-11-2002, 04:06 PM
all users must register to post in this forum. if you are not a registered user please go here to register (http://www.billiardsdigest.com/ccboard/newuser.php)

SPetty
11-11-2002, 04:24 PM
It's a shame that our preferences couldn't have been saved...

Or, I guess, what I mean is that it's a shame that all the old preferences weren't carried over.

I'm ASSuming I'm the only one that didn't care for the names on the left and the words on the right. There used to be an option to have the names above and the text below. That preference is now gone as far as I can tell.

SPetty
11-11-2002, 04:40 PM
You've archived stuff from today for heaven's sake! Give them some time, please, before archiving off the posts. At least a month, I'm thinking...

Vagabond
11-11-2002, 05:07 PM
Howdy Administrator,
I am not computor savy and I do not know the language and it is too early for me to give my opinion regards this change.It looks like that I will be missing the experiance,wisdom,knowledge,circasm,anger,hostilit y,nastyness of Annonymous posters.good luck.
Vagabond /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif

BLACKHEART
11-11-2002, 05:10 PM
I think this is a really good start...JER

stickman
11-11-2002, 05:20 PM
/ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif <font color="red">I LIKE IT! </font color>

Barbara
11-11-2002, 05:39 PM
This is a good thing! I always thought that you should register with an email address anyway. Although lots of people have multiple email addresses, it's still a way to track down the rabble rousers.

Has anyone else noticed the "permissions" you're set for at the bottom of a post page? Mine says I can't reply nor am I set to make new posts. Why?

Barbara~~~posting now....

Rod
11-11-2002, 05:48 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Barbara:</font><hr> This is a good thing! I always thought that you should register with an email address anyway. Although lots of people have multiple email addresses, it's still a way to track down the rabble rousers.

Has anyone else noticed the "permissions" you're set for at the bottom of a post page? Mine says I can't reply nor am I set to make new posts. Why?

Barbara~~~posting now.... <hr /></blockquote>

It was detecting Bab's, it's ok you posted under Barbara! /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Barbara
11-11-2002, 05:53 PM
Who's Babs??????

Barbara~~~trying not to think on a Monday...

Rod
11-11-2002, 05:53 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SPetty:</font><hr>

I'm ASSuming I'm the only one that didn't care for the names on the left and the words on the right. There used to be an option to have the names above and the text below. That preference is now gone as far as I can tell.
<hr /></blockquote>

Yes SPetty, your the only one!!! LOL /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Rod
11-11-2002, 05:56 PM
er Barb, your evil twin, or so a little birdie told me. lol

Rod
11-11-2002, 06:03 PM
CCB Admin, I like it, good job. I especially like the instant UBB codes, more toys to play with. It's important to have toys keeps us kids amused! Oh and yes glad to see only registered users, I never did like the name anon. It just reminds me of a person in the middle of a park with no one to talk to, sort of.

Kato
11-11-2002, 09:29 PM
I'm /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif with it. No worries here.

Kato

JoePickens
11-11-2002, 09:57 PM
I like it. Now at least when someone has something to say they won't be able to hide behind anon.

cueball1950
11-11-2002, 11:14 PM
well.... maybe i can get used to it... we shall see /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

rackmup
11-11-2002, 11:54 PM
I leave "home" to have a burger and when I get back, all of the "furniture" has been moved around! You know what? I kind of like the "new look". I might "bump" into things for awhile but hey, change is good.

Regards,

Ken

Popcorn
11-12-2002, 11:40 AM
What does the number in parentheses indicate in the replies column?

Rod
11-12-2002, 12:02 PM
A new post has been added.

ccboard_admin_back
11-12-2002, 12:15 PM
Those are the number of new replies to a particular thread since you last visit.

17 (1)

The above example would indicate that there are 17 replies to the intial post and there has been 1 new reply since your last visit.

For more information on how to tell if a post is new visit our newbies forum (http://www.billiardsdigest.com/ccboard/showflat.php?Cat=&amp;Board=newbie&amp;Number=45336&amp;page=0 &amp;view=collapsed&amp;sb=5&amp;o=&amp;fpart=1)

DEADSTOKE32
11-13-2002, 08:01 PM
Hey this is new .But I like it .I think" /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Harold Acosta
11-13-2002, 11:00 PM
It seems that the rating system is now gone. What happened?

[b]<font color="green">Billiard is a passionate sport for the mind and soul!</font color>
http://www.thebilliardstour.com/images/starscrash.gif

9 Ball Girl
11-13-2002, 11:22 PM
Hi Harold -

Go to the suggestions forum. It was asked to be removed.

11-13-2002, 11:41 PM
Good idea, titles should also be removed.

stickman
11-14-2002, 11:47 AM
How did Anonomous-Unregistered-No longer in our database post in the suggestions forum section on 11/14 11:06AM?

/ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

http://www.billiardsdigest.com/ccboard/showthreaded.php?Cat=&amp;Board=suggestions&amp;Number=459 67&amp;page=0&amp;view=expanded&amp;sb=5&amp;o=21&amp;fpart=

Here too.

http://www.billiardsdigest.com/ccboard/showthreaded.php?Cat=&amp;Board=newbie&amp;Number=45973&amp;pa ge=0&amp;view=expanded&amp;sb=5&amp;o=21&amp;vc=1

John in NH
11-18-2002, 09:49 AM
I like it so far /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Great job.

Doctor_D
11-18-2002, 01:24 PM
Good afternoon:

My congratulations on a job well done. The CCB is once again a pleasant place to visit and chat with friends...

/ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Dr. D.

Gayle in MD
11-19-2002, 11:00 AM
Dear CCB Administration,
Thank you for your rapid attention to our recent requests. I think the alterations you have made(Especially no Anonymous posting) will eliminate the rude, argumentative posters, and promote a much more pleasant atmosphere here on the CCB. /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif
Gayle in Md
<font color="blue"> </font color>

griffith_d
11-19-2002, 11:38 AM
I like the new format, for newbies too, the adding of non-pool area and having to register. I might help keep the "hooded" people off.

Griff

08-06-2004, 09:14 AM
Hi,

I've been trying to join the board for a few days now but I keep getting an error message. It tells me to re-enter my email address, that the one that I entered was in an incorrect format. I emailed the address found under the 'contact' section but haven't gotten a reply. I have tried using all 3 of my email addressses but nothing works. If someone could point me in the right direction that would be great.

Thanks,
Jeff Tan

SpiderMan
01-12-2005, 08:05 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote ccboard_admin:</font><hr> all users must register to post in this forum. if you are not a registered user &lt;a href="http://www.billiardsdigest.com/ccboard/newuser.php"&gt;please go here to register&lt;/a&gt; <hr /></blockquote>

Apparently unregistered posts are still accepted. This one was posted last week:

http://www.billiardsdigest.com/ccboard/showthreaded.php?Cat=&amp;Board=newbie&amp;Number=172959&amp;p age=0&amp;view=collapsed&amp;sb=5&amp;o=&amp;vc=1

SpiderMan

Radely
02-11-2011, 09:00 PM
Thanks for guidelines. Nice post.

xsyntheticx13
04-27-2012, 02:12 AM
I like.

TashaSilvester
09-26-2012, 07:42 PM
Hi,

My name is Tasha Silvester form Anaheim and I am pretty much interested in pool cues, cases, racks, and accessories to bring the edge to your next game.
Thanks,
Tasha

enjoydgame
10-02-2013, 01:40 AM
This is really a good thing. Everybody should register before post anything.

POOL PARADISE
03-05-2014, 07:24 PM
How do I post a new thread?