PDA

View Full Version : Affect of sandpaper?

Buckster_uk
11-11-2002, 04:47 PM
How would using sandpaper on a cue affect it? Would it just cause the wood to go greenish if too much chalk is applied which slides down the shaft? If you made sure no chalk came down the shaft and your hands were always clean in stroking the ball, would sandpapering your cue be ok?

Vagabond
11-11-2002, 05:33 PM
Howdy Mate,
I am not an expert in this area however i can tell u that these days I rarely see a player using this.One thing I can tell u:your shaft becomes thin. please :ask Ted Harris( cue maker and a poster on CCB) about Q care and he will help u.cheers
vagabond /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Rod
11-11-2002, 06:11 PM
Your going to get chalk on the shaft no matter how carefull you are. Sanding the shaft does one thing, it gets smaller. Well if done right with very fine grit, 1500 or better it will make it smooth. Then burnish with leather to make it glossy and helps seal the grain. Some people use wax to seal the wood. If you get in a habit of sanding the shaft, you'll have a tooth pick in time.

Wally_in_Cincy
11-12-2002, 07:39 AM
Buck,

If you do a search on this board you can find this subject discussed at length. If you have a problem doing that let me know and I will be happy to assist.

Cheers,

Wally_in_Cincy
11-12-2002, 07:44 AM
http://www.billiardsdigest.com/ccboard/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Board=ccb&Number=44762&page= &view=&sb=&o=