PDA

View Full Version : Ratings Selections..

Tom_In_Cincy
11-11-2002, 05:19 PM
/ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif<font color="black"> </font color> The 'new' rating system with the Stars (1-5) can be very useful if you take the time to assign your level of "pool related" importance.

I just added my ratings to the existing posts as of 6:20 eastern time..

Great new CCB, Thanks again CCB Admin.. good job /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Chris Cass
11-11-2002, 05:31 PM
Hi Tom,

So now what do we try to get? hahaha Glad the top ten is gone. Now, I can breath easier that I didn't catch you. LOL I'm sorry to say, I knew you took some undue flack for that. You didn't deserve that stuff as far as I'm concerned.

Anyway, the slump is gone and I played 7hrs of 1 pocket today. LOL He's pretty good and managed to break even after I had him down the entire day about 4 games. LOL

Regards,

C.C.

bluewolf
11-11-2002, 09:55 PM
I finally figured this out. I rated the threads also. I hope others do this rating too. This is a way for us to find out what most of the ccbers want to talk about.

bw

Karatemom
11-12-2002, 07:35 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Chris Cass:</font><hr> Hi Tom,

So now what do we try to get? hahaha Glad the top ten is gone. Now, I can breath easier that I didn't catch you. LOL I'm sorry to say, I knew you took some undue flack for that. You didn't deserve that stuff as far as I'm concerned.

Anyway, the slump is gone and I played 7hrs of 1 pocket today. LOL He's pretty good and managed to break even after I had him down the entire day about 4 games. LOL

Regards,

C.C. <hr /></blockquote>

Hey you, this is a Non Pool Related board, so use it like so!

On the other hand, I think the rating system is kind of neat. It does show what people think are the most interesting or popular topics, which helps the admin figure out which ones to send to the archives first.

Heide ~ you are paying for that one post, was it worth it? /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

stickman
11-12-2002, 10:07 AM
My first rating was a goofup. /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif The thread was "All users must register to post" I clicked the rating button to see how it worked, it said rate this post, and I clicked it. I knocked the rating down from a five to a three. /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif I checked the rating again on another post and noticed the button for the number of stars. I missed this the first time. LOL At least I have it figured out now.

bluewolf
11-12-2002, 09:54 PM
I rate people as honest as I can. I rate them based on how I see their contribution to the board and the quality of their posts. I ignore previous flame wars I might have had with them and whether or not I like them personally.

Laura

Chris Cass
11-13-2002, 12:04 PM
Hi Jim,

After reading what you said in a post from Barbara' evil twin Babs. I will rate others but I cannot rate myself. I would prefer to have a rating system dots or something that someone you helped could give you. Kind of like a feather. I wouldn't want anyone to rate me just because they liked me or dog me if they didn't. Either way, it's an extra.

Regards,

C.C.

bluewolf
11-13-2002, 05:39 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Chris Cass:</font><hr> Hi Jim,

After reading what you said in a post from Barbara' evil twin Babs. I will rate others but I cannot rate myself. I would prefer to have a rating system dots or something that someone you helped could give you. Kind of like a feather. I wouldn't want anyone to rate me just because they liked me or dog me if they didn't. Either way, it's an extra.

Regards,

C.C. <hr /></blockquote>

Dont know about you chris, but I rate based on the contributions made here, so I rank you high. I happen to like you but I have ranked others high that I did not particularly like for the above stated reason.

If people want to play clique and personality games, I hope they have fun.

bw

Chris Cass
11-13-2002, 07:07 PM
BW,

That was just a mere statement. I really like the new board. I like the smiley faces. I don't look to deep into the rating systems set up. I'm good with it. Besides, knowing everyone I would rate every one of them a 6. We have a good bunch here and a calm civil feeling again. This is what it's all about. IMO

You've even changed and I give you credit. You took a good deal of flack, and took it on the chin. Especially, from me about my friend Fran. You've shown sincere remorse about the whole mess. Not that I'm representing the entire universe but forgive you. Not that whatever I would think is worth a hill of beans but I think I can treat you a little bit nicer.

Regards,

C.C.~~Fran is a good friend and bigger than this. I also hope she doesn't kick my a$$.. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif