PDA

View Full Version : Rating CCB

Rod
11-11-2002, 06:33 PM
Well I'm not giving it a rating, but I do like the changes. The instand UBB,font colors,Graemlins, No top 10 list, No top 10 posters. It's just like waking up on Christmas morning with almost everything you asked for! LOL I notice CCB admin has a 5 star rating, some have 1 two 3 etc. This must have to do with either the amount of posts or length of time as a member. The one thing I didn't ask for, but thought it would be there. When you post a message you wait to be returned to the thread. The old version had a return to CCB immediately after the post. This is compared to waiting for the post to be entered before you can hit the return to CCB. Wah /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif oh ok never mind it's just a small detail the boys and or girls might add. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Rod
11-11-2002, 06:35 PM
oops never mind I found the, return to the forum. Jeez I got everything! /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

bluewolf
11-11-2002, 09:07 PM
I do not understand the rating system and why some get three stars, one star,etc. I have assumed that it is related to the quality of the topic and the posts to the topic.

Is this wrong. I would like to know what earns each star.
Like what earns one star, two stars,etc.

bw

9 Ball Girl
11-11-2002, 11:05 PM
I think the Stars indicate your "status". I.E. Old Hand, Addict, Stranger.

Wendy~~just guessing

Chris Cass
11-12-2002, 12:34 AM
Hi Wendy,

The stars stand for how many times you miss in an average 9ball game. Look at Rod. /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Regards,

C.C.~~Oops

Rod
11-12-2002, 12:55 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Chris Cass:</font><hr> Hi Wendy,

The stars stand for how many times you miss in an average 9ball game. Look at Rod. /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Regards,

C.C.~~Oops <hr /></blockquote>

Hey, wait a minute thats one time a game, heck a guy can't make any doe doing that. Wait I see you have 3 or 4! LOL

bluewolf
11-12-2002, 03:43 AM
there is a place at the bottom of the thread (if you are in flat mode) to rate the thread

Ross
11-12-2002, 04:53 PM
Ok, there appear to be two sets of ratings.
1. Thread rating. I see how those come about since I can rate a thread after I read it. I assume the thread rating is an average of all the ratings given to that thread.
2. Stars by the posters name. What do these poster ratings mean? It can't be number of posts, since CC has more posts than Rod, yet one less star. I have no clue. Maybe that is why I have no stars next to my name. /ccboard/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Rod
11-12-2002, 07:47 PM
Hey Ross I found it. When you view a users profile at the bottom you can give the person a rating. I hope I don't end up a minus figure. LOL Ross it's like an election campaign you got to go out there and get votes! Hell tell them anything just like the elected officials do. You might use this as an idea, just don't copy it people may think your different. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

"I have a brain and a uterus, and I use both."

ľOn being an elected official and a mother, NY Times, 6 May 77
Patricia Schroeder.

Ross
11-12-2002, 10:29 PM
Thanks Rod for the info. I get it now - it's like a popularity contest! I've got 3 stars so my popularity is AVERAGE. I'll take it - could be worse!

(Secretly and desperately hoping to be as popular as Rod someday!) /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Rod
11-12-2002, 10:40 PM
Eh Ross, all the votes aren't in. Several precints not heard from. There still trying to determine if someone intended to punch the hole. LOL