PDA

View Full Version : Player punched at tournament?

Bob
11-12-2002, 01:44 AM
Grapevine says, "player punched at tournament this weekend in Grayslake, IL." Police called, player taken to hospital. Does anyone have first hand info on this? /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

11-13-2002, 08:22 PM
I was at that tourney, but got beat out and left saturday. My buddy however was there on sunday when it happened.
What he said is that Tommy Cara------ (not sure how to spell his last name) was playing Adam Smith.
I guess Adam makes a religous cross sign when he wins a game and Tommy started mocking him by doing it too when he won a game.
I guess Adam took offence, they started argueing and Tommy hit him. Tommy is probably 210lbs & Adam is 130 if lucky.

WaltVA
11-13-2002, 11:47 PM
There were several versions of what happened posted on AzBilliards.com by purported eyewitnesses.

Walt in VA

TomBrooklyn
11-13-2002, 11:58 PM
Does AZBilliards give out stars for good posts? That sounds like a 5 starrer.

=TB=

nAz
11-14-2002, 12:17 AM
LOL tom funny

BrakenRun
11-27-2002, 04:20 PM
You are right about the 130 lbs. at the best. Adam is a very thin character. I hate to hear about things like that. Doesn't belong in any game. Hope Adam was alright. Adam is definately a player. Don't know anything about this other guy. Kevin

11-28-2002, 11:40 AM
Tommy Karabatsos is a great player. Plays nine ball and straight at top levels. High run of over 200 balls. A really nice guy too. This is tough to believe, but I guess it's true.

Chris Cass
11-29-2002, 01:08 AM
Hi Nobody_Knows,

I played straight pool with Tom quite awhile back. He didn't run in the hundreds on me but he ran some 60's. I know he does have a slight attitude also. I guess what pool player doesn't?

Anyway, my buddy Jesse beat him out of a grand and Tom told him to get out and don't come back. I haven't seen Tom in about 11 yrs. so, things may have changed but the thing with Jesse wasn't that long ago. I still find it hard to believe he would actually hit the guy over basically nothing. I know Tom is of some faith. Well, this is going nowhere.

Regards,

C.C.