PDA

View Full Version : Cocktails & Conversation in Valley Forge !!!

Doctor_D
03-07-2002, 09:59 AM
To all my friends on the CCB:

For those of you who will be attending the Super Billiards Expo in Valley Forge this year, how many would be interesting in getting together for some "Cocktails & Conversation" at the Scanticon?

On the main level, right off the lobby area, is a cocktail lounge / bar near the restaurants. Let's make it a point, for those of us who will be there, to get together in the evenings for some pleasant company, conversation and of course, "Cocktails"!

Dr. D.

03-07-2002, 10:51 AM
Dr. D, sounds like a good idea as long as it's late. Some of the best matches are always Friday and Saturday nights. Problem is, even during the short intermission between the afternoon and evening sessions one has to get in line early in order to get their pick of the seating once they do start letting us in!

Dr. D, I'm still holding out for a miracle for everyone's sake - and that it's not too late for apologies to be made and cooler, smarter heads to prevail. Hopefully things can be worked out that would allow for your return to your WPBA board position ASAP. If a mediator is needed, I'll gladly volunteer! If not to be, life will go on for all of us. - Chris in NC

03-07-2002, 11:39 AM
some of the best matches will be late.....do you know when the junior amateur match will be? I will be playing in that one this year. I'm 18/m/ from pa...how tough is the competition for the junior amateur(the 15-18 division)?
thanks, john bastian in pa

Rich R.
03-07-2002, 12:33 PM
Watching pool makes one very thirsty and I've been known to have a drink once in a while. I will be looking for you. Rich R.

03-07-2002, 12:39 PM
John, I think most of the Junior matches are during the daytime, so you should be free at night to watch the pros play. As far as the level of competition in your division (15-18) - I'd say there's a large discrepancy in skill level among the 60-70 total players in the field, but that the top players are VERY tough. Upsets are however more likely to happen in this format which makes it very hard for the top players to win - since the tables are small, short races and it's single elimination. Play great, and hopefully we'll see you there. - Chris in NC

03-10-2002, 01:12 AM
hey thanks for the advice chris in nc. i know the competition will be tough. i have been tryin to practice as much as i can at home. i have a bar table in my basement. i failed one or two tests(still in high school) the past couplae days cause i've been up so damn late tryin to practice. i think what my problem is that when i know im tired i keep goin on and that wares me out. this next week is gonna be major practice time. i just gotta know when to hang up the cue for the night. its kinda hard when i just bought another one.lol.anyway man thanks for your time. even thogh im not old enough to drink maybe i can meet yas and have a soda.lol.

john bastian in pa

MaineEAck
03-10-2002, 09:50 AM
bastian02- I have seen you ask about the 18 and under division like 100 times... there are some really good players, most came up tot eh 18 and under this year. I am 15 and will be playing in the am open and jr. event. Don't worrie about it, play the table not the player.

MaineEAck
03-10-2002, 10:56 AM
Hrm... I went to eat at one of thoughs places and one of the bowls of fettuccine alfreado(spelt wrong I know) was bigger then me! and I eat it all!!!! haha it was sooo good!

JimS
03-10-2002, 11:25 AM
Hi Jordan,

You posted "I went to eat at one of thoughs places".

I don't mean to get in your face here but Q-guy is right! Would you trust your cue to be repaired by a guy that spends so little attention to detail, to doing things right, that he spells "those", thoughs? Slow down and get it right the FIRST time or you ruin the cue.

Jordan, you've built a reputation of putting out sloopy work through the posts you've written here...but they have gotten better!

Now you MUST overcome that undesireable reputation with precision work. That's not a knock on you Jordan it's just the facts of life.

Regards, JimS.~much less than perfect but I'm not repairing others beloved cues!

MaineEAck
03-10-2002, 11:55 AM
One thing people don’t understand is that there are people out there that can’t read, but you bring your car to them to change the oil, or repair your drive shaft. I have had no complaints about cue repair, I try really hard to make no spelling errors in my posts, and I write them all in word, and still have to go through them for 10 minutes to take out the random letter that’s word puts in. I am 15 and type really fast, I was eating and watching TV this has nothing at all to do with my cue repair, I will try harder. I misspelled a word, sorry… (leave this post as is out of word to show you what happens, and then send you a better one below.)

MaineEAck
03-10-2002, 11:56 AM
One thing people don't understand is that there are people out there that can't read, but you bring your car to them to change the oil, or repair your drive shaft. I have had no complaints about cue repair, I try really hard to make no spelling errors in my posts, and I write them all in word, and still have to go through them for 10 minutes to take out the random letters that word puts in. I am 15 and type really fast, I was eating and watching TV this has nothing at all to do with my cue repair, I will try harder. I misspelled a word, sorry... (leave this post as is out of word to show you what happens, and then send you a better one below.)

MaineEAck
03-10-2002, 11:57 AM
Are there any programs that I can use to spell check in the CCB?

Troy
03-10-2002, 07:45 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: MaineEAck:</font><hr> Are there any programs that I can use to spell check in the CCB? <hr></blockquote>

Try a handy little thing called a "dictionary", you might be surprised how many words are in there.

You remind me of my son when asked for a calculator when he was 14-15. I told him there was plenty of time in the future for calculator use but only one time (now) for his brain to learn HOW to do the Math. He is now a PhD Physicist and he thanks me.

MaineEAck
03-10-2002, 07:54 PM
Maybe I will be an English teacher, and have you to thank! hahaha lol, I will try harder I promise!

03-10-2002, 08:31 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: JimS:</font><hr> Hi Jordan,

Jordan, you've built a reputation of putting out sloopy work through the posts you've written here...but they have gotten better!

Now you MUST overcome that undesireable reputation with precision work. That's not a knock on you Jordan it's just the facts of life.<hr></blockquote>

Jim...Sloopy? Undesireable? That's why I never try to correct anybody. It would always come back and bite me in the ass! /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif - Howie