PDA

View Full Version : A rude spectator!

CarolNYC
11-12-2002, 07:37 AM
Has anyone played a tournament and encountered a rude spectator, where he is rooting for your opponent,which is okay, but the sounds are loud, to the point where you politely ask him to be a little more quiet, and he agrees,but then NOW applauds when you miss and becomes louder?

Lester
11-12-2002, 07:54 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote CarolNYC:</font><hr> Has anyone played a tournament and encountered a rude spectator, where he is rooting for your opponent,which is okay, but the sounds are loud, to the point where you politely ask him to be a little more quiet, and he agrees,but then NOW applauds when you miss and becomes louder? <hr /></blockquote>&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;The CCB people "sweated" the match Strickland/Duel match at the U.S.Open. There were three spectators sitting behind us from NC, obviously inebriated, and rooting at the top of their lungs for Earl. I still might buy the accustats tape, just to hear them again. Of course, if I had been Duel, I might not have found it so humorous. ***Lester***

Doctor_D
11-12-2002, 08:40 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote CarolNYC:</font><hr> Has anyone played a tournament and encountered a rude spectator, where he is rooting for your opponent,which is okay, but the sounds are loud, to the point where you politely ask him to be a little more quiet, and he agrees,but then NOW applauds when you miss and becomes louder? <hr /></blockquote>

Good morning Carol:

I have encoutered this and, when it became problematic, I notified the Tournament Director. The TD intervened and informed the "Rail Birds" that their continued actions would result in a foul being called on their player. The nonsense ended immediately.

Dr. D.

CarolNYC
11-12-2002, 09:12 AM
Hi Lester,
Im sure Corey did not appreciate it too much!Im more upset with myself that I didnt have the mentality to overcome the nonsense-and also the fact that the person said he would stop,but continued-I know it was not a personnal attack because the "heckling" continued with two other girls and one of them went ABSOLUTELY ballistic on the guy,ha ha ha ha-I felt he wasnt worth it-I always have had respect for the game and my opponents,but if ,in the future,I come upon this "heckler' believe me,he'll have a rude awakening!ha ha ha
Have a great day!
Carol

CarolNYC
11-12-2002, 09:14 AM
Done deed,Dr. D,
Already spoke to my mentor about it-just a day too late!But I think for now,I'll handle this one a different way!ha ha ha-like"Puddem in the bathroom!" ha ha ha
Stay well!
Carol

Nostroke
11-12-2002, 09:23 AM
If it was the guy Sueyen yelled at, i think he was a little mentally challenged more than anything. He was asking me the dumbest questions ive ever been asked about the game. He was absolutely astounded that the loser had to go through the "math" challenge of racking, especially when they had to separate the right 9 balls from the other 6 each time!

Barbara
11-12-2002, 11:00 AM
Carol,

Who was involved in this incident? I'd like to know for future reference.

Barbara

Rod
11-12-2002, 11:54 AM
Carol, just say mister- he says yes - and you punch him right in the kisser, BAM !!!LOl Ok I know that's not you, but fun to think about, isn't it? Be honest. I imagine we all have had it happen, but me personally I can't remember the last time. Mosconi would just tell them to leave the room! Now your cure would have been not to miss! LOL /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif ha ha ha Call the TD if someone is out of line.

Doctor_D
11-12-2002, 12:07 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Rod:</font><hr> Carol, just say mister- he says yes - and you punch him right in the kisser, BAM !!!LOl Ok I know that's not you, but fun to think about, isn't it? Be honest. I imagine we all have had it happen, but me personally I can't remember the last time. Mosconi would just tell them to leave the room! Now your cure would have been not to miss! LOL /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif ha ha ha Call the TD if someone is out of line. <hr /></blockquote>

Actually, this reminds me of one of Carol's famous quotes: "When in Doubt, Knock em Out"

/ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Dr. D.

Rod
11-12-2002, 12:16 PM
That's right DR. D., Carol is falling behind on her standards. I know she had to be in doubt!

CarolNYC
11-12-2002, 12:39 PM
Hi Rod,
That is too funny! HA Ha hA-believe me, I wanted to spear him with my cue-but like I said, Im upset that I didnt have the mental ability to ignore it,so now, I'll just have a "friend of ours" sit next to him in the future-should he start hissing,he'll get smacked upside his head!ha ha ha-not only that, I'll make sure I SMOKE his girl on the table,ha ha ha-then we'll see who laughs last!
You stay well!
Carol

CarolNYC
11-12-2002, 12:42 PM
I didnt catch that one Dave,
It might have been-unbelievable-besides the pressures of getting to tournaments and playing, we have to deal with unkind people!
Carol~will be prepared!

Eric.
11-12-2002, 12:44 PM
This is New York. Just "whack em". /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

CarolNYC
11-12-2002, 12:46 PM
Dr. D And Rod,
YES,YES,Yes, that is and has been my motto,but now,we must maintain our poise and femininity and can let someone else do it for us!I cant afford to hurt my hands! Im a pool player!ha ha ha ha
Carol

CarolNYC
11-12-2002, 12:52 PM
Barb,
You have enough to work on just running the NEWT tour(but I'll fill you in at next stop)-its all good-no sweat-and for those of you who dont know, Barb, my regional tour director, presented me with a "Waterford" crystal flag at our players meeting in Hagerstown-I was overwhelmed-speechless and its beautiful-talk about "sneaky"-wait till February,ha ha ha ha
Love ya Barb
Carol~has surprises in motion already!

CarolNYC
11-12-2002, 12:56 PM
Hey Eric,
Ha HA HA-LMAO-they better pray to God they dont have to play a tournament in NY-cause you can bet your a$$ he'll get "whacked"!
Take care my friend!
CArol

jbullerjr
11-14-2002, 01:12 AM
BCA Nationals 1999

My team (from Arlington) was playing another very tough team from Texas, we are both on the losers side and in the money, on the big board (final 128).

The other team (all very good and generally respected players from the Dallas area) were not the problem.

We jump out to an early lead, like 8-4, when one of the younger players mom deceides the best way to "Rally" her team is to clap and cheer LOUDLY when anyone on my team made a mistake. We are talking ANY mistake: scratches, small position mistakes and even just ending up on the wrong side of the object ball.

My whole team was floored, as we have known/respected this talented young player and his mother for years.

We didn't call in a ref, I think everone was just to stunned. Final result, we lose like 13-11.

The young player was so embarassed he just keep saying "I'm sorry, I'm sorry", with his head bowed.

I really hate the C word for women, but this womans' face comes to mind every time I hear it.

J.

Voodoo Daddy
11-14-2002, 01:57 AM
"Luca Brazzi sleeps wit da fishes"....nuff said!!!

CarolNYC
11-14-2002, 04:44 AM
Im sorry your team lost, but in my eyes, you would be the winners,you had the class and the respectful behavior-thats what it all boils down too!I believe things happen for a reason-I will chalk this one up to experience-I've always said"You are the company you keep!" so I will remain with my "company" and never lower my standards to such rudeness!:)
Thanks for sharing your story!
Have a great day and Good luck if your team plays in the future!
Carol

CarolNYC
11-14-2002, 04:47 AM
My dear friend,
What a great idea-deadfish in newspaper-throw at rude spectator!ha ha ha ha-gotta love ya!
Carol~buying airfreshener for her trunk!ha ha ha ha

jbullerjr
11-14-2002, 03:09 PM
Thanks for the kind words Carol.
I was very proud of my teammates, even in this instance, they kept their cool and didn't say a word.
None of my family plays the game, but many have expressed interrest in comming to see us play in Vegas.
Scenes like the above, make me unsure to invite them.
I think if my mom would have been there she would have just slapped this "lady" pimp style.

CarolNYC
11-14-2002, 06:21 PM
Well,
I'll be there this year-I'll have your back-ha ha ha
Carol~just let me know your teams name!

Vagabond
11-14-2002, 06:56 PM
Howdy Dr D,
I do not think that the framers of the rule has given enough thought.If some one does not like u, that person will be rude to your opponent so that a foul could be declared against u( even though u do not have control of the situation)That is not prudent.Cheers
vagabond /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif

jbullerjr
11-14-2002, 10:38 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote CarolNYC:</font><hr> Well,
I'll be there this year-I'll have your back-ha ha ha
Carol~just let me know your teams name! <hr /></blockquote>

Carol,

My teams name is "The Cues Brothers".
Look us up. Good luck in Vegas.

James

CarolNYC
11-15-2002, 04:23 AM
I'll remember James,
Made it synonymous with the "blues brothers!":)
Carol~Good luck,also!:)

jbullerjr
11-16-2002, 05:04 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote CarolNYC:</font><hr> I'll remember James,
Made it synonymous with the "blues brothers!":)
Carol~Good luck,also!:) <hr /></blockquote>

Yea, that is where it came from, last year we had pictures of Jake and Elwood on the back of our shirts w/ 8 balls on their hats.

J.

CarolNYC
11-17-2002, 02:57 PM
Hey James,
See, we have a bond already-In my rebel days, I hung with Dan Ackroyd and Jim Belushi-how funny is that?
See you in Vegas!
Carol~will be rooting loud and clear!And keeping her eyes open for the "C" woman!ha ha ah ah

12-02-2002, 10:43 PM
Well, I always figured the butt of the cue was made for that situation. I prefer a 21oz in that situation.

CarolNYC
12-03-2002, 04:22 AM
With my luck, I'd wind up warping the butt!:)-then I'd have to ask Blackheart-"would extreme pressure or force on solid object cause your butt to warp?" ha ha ha
Thanks!
Have a good day!
Carol~has the "friend of ours" standing nearby!:):) With new roll of duct tape,ahhh,when in doubt,take out the duct tape!ha ha ha ha

Rich R.
12-03-2002, 05:11 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote CarolNYC:</font><hr> With my luck, I'd wind up warping the butt!:)-then I'd have to ask Blackheart-"would extreme pressure or force on solid object cause your butt to warp?" ha ha ha
Thanks!
Have a good day!
Carol~has the "friend of ours" standing nearby!:):) With new roll of duct tape,ahhh,when in doubt,take out the duct tape!ha ha ha ha <hr /></blockquote>
Carol, I don't know what Blackheart would say, but IMHO, as long as the presure is short term, you should be alright. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif Quick burst of pressure, accurately applied, should not cause a cue butt to warp.

When are you making your way to the friendly skies??? /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

silverbullet
12-03-2002, 05:13 AM
I guess I am too assertive. I would stop playing and politely tell him to be quiet so that I can concentrate. If that did not work, I would stop the match and ask for a judge to come over and watch.

I would not as ww suggested go down on the match and concentrate more. But then I am adhd lol.

Laura

silverbullet
12-03-2002, 05:18 AM
oh yeah, during a league match I have told the other team to be quiet before so that I could think. I guess with a real a**hole, stronger steps would have to be taken. If the match was important to me, I wwould not lose due to the other player's spectator. If all else failed, i would tell the other player to control their rooters.

ooh. the though of this makes my blood boil!!!!!!!!!!!

Laura

12-03-2002, 12:36 PM
This is nice. You and Carol are bonding now.

12-03-2002, 12:53 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Doctor_D:</font><hr>I have encoutered this and, when it became problematic, I notified the Tournament Director.<hr /></blockquote>Good Afternoon Doctor: You could have notified your lawyers and slapped a lawsuit on them also!!

12-03-2002, 12:57 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Rod:</font><hr> Carol, just say mister- he says yes - and you punch him right in the kisser, BAM !!!LOl Ok I know that's not you.<hr /></blockquote> Depends on her mood. Sometimes her MO is to take them into the bathroom, duct tape them to a stall door, and pummel them with a cue butt. Then, if they were really bad, she'll take them to Coney Island after the match, and drop them off the end of the pier!

nAz
12-03-2002, 01:22 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SlimJim:</font><hr> This is nice. You and Carol are bonding now. <hr /></blockquote>

Bahahaha http://smilies.networkessence.net/s/contrib/slim2g/Ink_Inc_Bomb.gif