PDA

View Full Version : Valley Forge Roll Call

SPetty
03-07-2002, 11:37 AM
It's time for the Valley Forge roll call:

Are you going? Playing (in what tournament) or just watching?

03-07-2002, 11:45 AM
yeah im gonna be playing in the junior amateur event this year for the first time.what should i expect? hows the competition gonna be?
john bastian in pa

MaineEAck
03-07-2002, 12:03 PM
I am playing in the 18 and up jr. and the am open... can't wait! I am going to buy a ton of supplies, any advice on who has a good booth for repair supplies?

Doctor_D
03-07-2002, 12:08 PM
Good afternoon:

I will be in Valley Forge from Wednesday the 13th through Monday the 18th as a civilian / spectator. Time for me to sit back, enjoy the action and catch up on some quality time with new and old friends alike.

Dr. D.

TomBrooklyn
03-07-2002, 12:08 PM
Going. Just Watching.

03-07-2002, 12:22 PM
Going to hang out/party. I was gonna play in the amateur open, but it seems like work spoiled a good habit again! Oh well... Looks like Saturday only.

Eric > loves go broke in the green room

Rich R.
03-07-2002, 12:28 PM
I will be there to watch, just don't know where to look first. Rich R.~~~may have to do a little shopping too.

Joe Marra
03-07-2002, 02:29 PM
I'll be there but I am showing. Please visit me at booth 13 & 14, we're introducing the new Gabriels "Vector" pool table. Hope to see all of you. Joe Marra

Mike D2
03-07-2002, 02:49 PM
This is my first year down to. I will ge playing in the jrs. event (14 and under).
Mike Dechaine

CarolNYC
03-07-2002, 03:18 PM
Working it,Lady-are you playing-I say we all where nametags ha ha ha!
carol~loves Superbilliards!

03-07-2002, 03:51 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: CarolNYC:</font><hr> Working it,Lady-are you playing-I say we all where nametags ha ha ha!
carol~loves Superbilliards! <hr></blockquote>

Hey Carol,

Are the nametags for myslef in case I get lost?

Eric &gt; not the sharpest knife in the drawer...

Brady_Behrman
03-07-2002, 04:48 PM
I am hearing great things about that table and I hope I make it to the Show! If Not, See ya in July in New Orleans

Ralph S.
03-07-2002, 05:06 PM
When exactly is the events at Valley Forge taking place?

Brady_Behrman
03-07-2002, 05:32 PM
I may go up on Sat., I have baby #2 due later in the month so have to see what happens..

03-07-2002, 05:53 PM
I'll be there, playing in the Men's Open. My goal is to win my first round match.

03-07-2002, 05:58 PM
I will be there mostly to encourage Tiffany Nelson and Anita Kuczma who are both playing in the Women's tournament with my cues. If I find the time maybe I'll play in the amateur. I should hang around the 'Chalk and Cue' magazine booth on the lower level.
Thierry Layani
www.layanicues.com (http://www.layanicues.com)

Doctor_D
03-07-2002, 06:47 PM
Good evening:

I would be interested in checking out your cues.

Dr. D.

Barbara
03-07-2002, 07:24 PM
So Joe,

Where's your booth this year? Last year you were next to me at the TD desk. Never did get a chance to look at the Gabriels tables, but I would like to this year.

Barbara~~~if she gets the time....

Barbara
03-07-2002, 07:27 PM
I'll be at the amateur TD desk. Upstairs or downstairs, don't know yet. But look me up!

Barbara

03-07-2002, 08:53 PM
My son and I will be in attendance. He's decided to sit this one out this year. I'm still thinking of sending in my last minute $70 money order entry for the Amateur Open. There's so much to do and enjoy in VF that I just don't know if I want to bother playing and possibly missing some great pro matches. Lame excuse I know - the truth is I haven't played on anything smaller than a 9-footer for years.

I absolutely cannnot believe that for such an annual event of this magnitude Alan is not set up to take credit card payment entries over the phone or the internet - especially for those of us that tend to proscrastinate and are more prone to "impulse" entries! - Chris in NC

Drake
03-08-2002, 08:31 AM
I won't make it this year, which really depresses me. Most of the OLD board members know that I recently switched from my old trusty Southwest to a new Keith Josey. My new Keith Josey plays just as stiff as my Southwest. I never expected this! Keith will be showing some of his cues at the Valley Expo. It would be well worth your time to stop by and talk to him. He stands behind his work a 100 percent. Tell him Todd Drake sent you....Travel Safely.

Scott Lee
03-08-2002, 09:41 AM
I'll be there Thurs. through Sunday just watching a visiting, and doing a few lessons! Hope to see a lot of you CCB'rs that I haven't met yet!

Scott Lee

SPetty
03-08-2002, 10:59 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Ralph S.:</font><hr> When exactly is the events at Valley Forge taking place? <hr></blockquote>

March 15-17 at Valley Forge Convention Center, Valley Forge, PA.

MaineEAck
03-08-2002, 11:14 AM
Josey is the best cue i have seen yet to date.. I really like the hit, and the style that he makes... everyone should stop by his booth and check out some of his cues. I believe he is in section W of The American Cuemakers Association

Ken
03-08-2002, 01:42 PM
There is a schedule at the website:

http://www.superbilliardsexpo.com/schedule.html

The detailed schedule doesn't seem to be there yet so I have no idea which amateur tournaments are held when.
Ken in CT

03-08-2002, 07:11 PM
I will be playing in the Pro event. I would love to meet any CCB'ers who feel like introducing themselves. I have always felt it is nice to put names to faces. (I especially look forward to meeting Carol, Chris in NC, TomBrooklyn, and Rich R., Steve Lipsky..... among others....please come find me! I have always appreciated your insightful posts! And any friends of Fran's have to be good people!!)

Looking forward to it!

Best regards to all CCB members,

Melissa Herndon

CarolNYC
03-08-2002, 07:26 PM
Hey Eric,
LMAO-Nah, you cant get lost or we could all where something that says "CCBERS!" ha a ha:)
Carol

CarolNYC
03-08-2002, 07:32 PM
Hey girl,
Good luck-dont know my work schedule yet,but will try to catch some matches on video-and we met in LA!
Stay well!
Carol

Chris Cass
03-09-2002, 02:39 AM
Seems reasonable enough. Remember to have a control break if you or your opponent's on the hill.
Good Luck,
C.C.

Chris Cass
03-09-2002, 02:45 AM
Hey Chris,
Can't talk the Dragon into playing? Sure wish he would put the effort into it. I have a feeling if he doesn't he'll wish he did. Unless he doesn't think he's ready. Well, if you play I wish you good luck and my regards to Drayton.
C.C.

03-09-2002, 03:27 AM
I'll be there along with Instroke Cases and Bunjee Jumper jump cues. Lower Level 27/29. See you all there.

03-09-2002, 08:12 AM
I look forward to meeting you too Melissa. I'll be there for the weekend. Most of the time you will find my wife and I firmly planted in the VIP seats. Rich R.

CarolNYC
03-09-2002, 09:21 AM
And they may be wearing a WTC Engine214-ladder 111 shirt-oh yeah!
love,
Carol

SPetty
03-11-2002, 02:58 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Chris in NC:</font><hr> I absolutely cannnot believe that for such an annual event of this magnitude Alan is not set up to take credit card payment entries over the phone or the internet - especially for those of us that tend to proscrastinate and are more prone to "impulse" entries! - Chris in NC <hr></blockquote>

That surprises me as well, until you learn that they're full in most divisions! They don't go to that extra effort because they don't need to!

03-13-2002, 03:17 PM
Looking forward to a good time... I'll be playing in the Amateur Open.