PDA

View Full Version : If everyone here plays pool.......

MinnesotaSlim
11-12-2002, 01:55 PM
What's each person's unique table presence.
i.e. Do you wear a boytie?
Do you dance around the table like Vincent Lauria?
Do you talk aloud to yourself?

Just curious...

Slim

Rod
11-12-2002, 02:03 PM
I'm quiet, very little emotion if any. Even if it is a strong shot, I just go on like it was routine. If the person I'm playing makes a good shot it's the same. I might say something later, or not. Now if I'm just fooling around with the boys and or girls it changes! /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Wally_in_Cincy
11-12-2002, 02:26 PM
I like to pretend I'm Mike Sigel.............

it never works /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

PQQLK9
11-12-2002, 02:29 PM
I try to model my demeanor after ex FL Gators now Wash Redskins coach Steve Spurrier (my idol) very agressive take no prisoners, however when playing One Pocket and I hit a multi-rail or a crossover bank with pocket speed I will put on a body english display with an audible "c'mon baabeeee"... /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

smfsrca
11-12-2002, 02:34 PM
Under competitive conditions I am the iceman.
Stoic - One who is seemingly indifferent to or unaffected by joy, grief, pleasure, or pain.
That is unless I'm being sharked, in which case, however reluctantly, I must engage in some retort to stop the offender.
Under friendlier conditions, such as a ring game, which I never play for a harmful amount, I enjoy the casual exchange of wit.

Steve in CA

rackmup
11-12-2002, 02:41 PM
Just ask OPC or eg8r...

When I play "for fun", I like to talk, McCready style.

When playing in a tournament, I like to talk, McCready style.

"Man...have you ever seen a shot like that?"

"You just can't teach a shot like that!"

"Oh my...the impossible dream."

"This is only gonna hurt for a minute."

"I can't help it."

Regards,

Ken (driving people crazy with his mouth, but all in good fun)

Fred Agnir
11-12-2002, 02:56 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote MinnesotaSlim:</font><hr> What's each person's unique table presence.<hr /></blockquote>
I'm terrible. I resemble a gentleman when playing against players that I don't have to beat. But, win or lose, I'm not the nicest guy to be around when I'm playing someone I'm supposed to beat handily. I bemoan bad rolls, and make up some that didn't happen. I'll complain to any "yes man" that will listen. And of course, I never say a word when I get a healthy dose of good fortune.

Hey, at least I'm honest. I'm okay with that.

Fred &lt;~~~ needs meds

Michelle
11-12-2002, 03:45 PM
In competition, I tend to be very very calm on the almost impossible shots, and when I pull them off, it tends to scare the [censored] out of my opponents...of course, I also have this strange ability to stress over the easier ones and miss, so...*sigh* needless to say, i never get to vegas! ACK!

MaineEAck
11-12-2002, 03:51 PM
<font color="green">I tend to move around the table rather fast, almost like tony roberto(SP?) I tend to pick up styles when I watch people play /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif </font color>

Karatemom
11-12-2002, 04:15 PM
I lip sync alot. There are times, though, that I get too involved in the song, and end up paying more attention to the words of the song than the game /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif. Although I'm usually quiet and extremely reserved, very stone-faced, lately I lose patience with everyone and every shot I miss /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif.

Heide ~ coming out of her shell?

Popcorn
11-12-2002, 05:13 PM
I don't speak at all. I never acknowledge the other player and just pay attention to the table. I stay very within myself. Serious play I am referring to, I can fool around also, but when it counts, I am all business.

phil in sofla
11-12-2002, 05:54 PM
I often wear an APRON when I'm shooting (having to go directly from work wearing dress slacks, or if my pants are a light color). Basically don't talk much, except maybe between racks about a shot in the past rack. The occasional jar in the jaws, then drop shot may get a little body English shimmy out of me after the fact as a celebration, or as a kind of non-verbal comment if it's my opponent's shot that does it.

I try not to bow down to the table on missed shots, as I see many people doing, because I figure the pool gods want their worship BEFORE you need them, not afterwards, lol!

stickman
11-12-2002, 06:30 PM
I'm most often pretty much business. I occassionally can get rather excited when I make an extremely difficult shot. You might see me throw my hands in the air or pump my fist and yell YES! My friend says that he noticed that I tap my foot during my warmup strokes on difficult shots. He said that when I tap my foot, I almost always make my shot. I explained to him that while most people take their stance and bend down to shoot, I have a habit of adjusting my stance with my line of aim after I get down. I sort of rock my foot back and forth until I feel that I'm perfectly aligned.

Kato
11-12-2002, 09:30 PM
I'm all over the place. Tournaments lately you are lucky if you get a word out of me after the coin toss. If I miss a shot I'll mutter something to myself and walk away. Playing "funzy" pool if you can shut me up you've done your job. If a song comes on that I like I will move to the beat of the song, lip synch, do a little body work. You want body english? I got all that on the pool table.

Kato~~~~stoic and reserved, loud and boisterous, right in the middle.

Mike H
11-12-2002, 09:58 PM
I'm pretty businesslike at the table about 80% of the time, the only words out of my mouth consist of four letters. I drink soda like it's my second full-time job, and often come up off a shot to take a swig. I occasionally talk to object balls (no, they don't talk back) and use extreme amounts of body english.

cheesemouse
11-13-2002, 12:13 AM
I can't help it, I have to talk to the balls. I also have a foul mouth when I'm really into it. My body is out of control and does lots of pirouettes and a few dos-a-dos on occasion. I also think everything is funny, this gets me in conciderable trouble when I laugh at someones misfortune...Oh well...... /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

bigalerickson
11-13-2002, 03:15 AM
I am relaxed, with a touch of arrogance. Not as quiet as i should be, and sometimes more focused than I should be. I rarely show emotions on shots missed or made, but people insist on coming up to me and "reminding me" that its just a game. Yeah, pool is just a game, and life is just a really good video game.

eg8r
11-13-2002, 06:50 AM
In my years at UF I can tell you, maybe Steve Spurrier should have tried the [ QUOTE ]
"c'mon baabeeee"...<hr /></blockquote>approach when things went right. Maybe then, he would not have such deep lows where he was prone to throw whatever he was wearing on his head.

eg8r &lt;~~~Spent a lot of time watching Spurrier (we shared the same barber)

eg8r
11-13-2002, 06:54 AM
I am unsure of why rackmup enjoys this style of play. I have only watch McCready play once and it drove me nuts. Why hasn't this guy been beat up or something, I will never know.

Anyways, yes Ken is a McCready wanna be. He also uses the saying similar to (I might be butchering it) "Oh thats it. I am out like 70's disco!!!!"

eg8r

eg8r
11-13-2002, 07:00 AM
Well, my style is pretty reserved. I will talk with whomever I am playing against (provided they want to chat) and joke the whole time. I tend to get upset when missing the easy shots. I guess they really are not easy, but given the previous shot the current one should not be tough.
Every once in awhile I might start talking to the ball like Adam Sandler...something about go in your hole. But usually I am pretty calm and just go up and shoot (and miss) then get a little upset with myself when I do miss. I do lip synch if the song is worth it, however most of the time, I am the one complaining about the music. Ex. Oh my gawd, if I hear one more Eminem song I am going to die

eg8r

Ralph S.
11-13-2002, 08:52 AM
I would have to say I am a very excitable type of person-player. I am also a very talkative person, so I geuss maybe the pro that is closest to my style would probably be Vivian Villarreal.
Ralph S.

rackmup
11-13-2002, 08:56 AM
Skeeter, Skeeter, Skeeter (that's Ed's new nickname at the pool room),

Keith McCready is a fun guy to watch. In his "day", he had one of the most fluid strokes on tour. And his wit was second-to-none.

Alcohol and other demons may have taken a toll on his physical presense but he is a player nonetheless.

When I win the lottery, I'm taking Keith to the dentist to get him some teeth, then it's off to the mall for some new duds, then to Paul Mitchell for a hairstyle and finally to a cue maker for a couple of new cues. Then were going to load up in a brand new motorhome and hit the road for a year. I'll stake him against anyone. Then, I'm going to write a book about it.

Perhaps a Production company will buy the movie rights and Kato (who has been taking acting classes at the University of Miami) will play Keith McCready in the lead role.

Oh yeah baby...we're gonna be Donald Trump fat.

Regards,

Ken (out like the lights at Stevie Wonder's house)