PDA

View Full Version : Upside Down Chalk On The Rail

TomBrooklyn
11-12-2002, 05:33 PM
<font color="green"> A couple of times lately in league play, I played guys who almost invariably placed the chalk on the rail face down. It couldn't be just random, because then the chalk face would go down only about one out of six times. It made little piles of chalk on the rail. I asked them to stop doing it a couple of times; but mostly they would forgot and keep doing it.

One guy then puts powder on his bridge hand. He puts on so much that he leaves a full handprint on the felt. </font color> <font color="purple">=TB= </font color>

11-12-2002, 06:11 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote TomBrooklyn:</font><hr> <font color="green"> A couple of times lately in league play, I played guys who almost invariably placed the chalk on the rail face down. It couldn't be just random, because then the chalk face would go down only about one out of six times. It made little piles of chalk on the rail. I asked them to stop doing it a couple of times; but mostly they would forgot and keep doing it.

One guy then puts powder on his bridge hand. He puts on so much that he leaves a full handprint on the felt. </font color> <font color="purple">=TB= </font color>
<hr /></blockquote>

actually, it's worse than that. they put it face down and tap it on the rail a couple of times just to make sure they've made a proper mess. got a couple of 'em buried in the back yard.

dan...tough room.

9 Ball Girl
11-12-2002, 09:31 PM
Naz used to get yelled at by Maureen Seto for doing just that. It wasn't purposely done, but he has since reformed his ways and in fact, I've seen him tell other guys to please place the chalk side up on the rail. LOL

eg8r
11-12-2002, 11:24 PM
This makes me pretty upset when it happens. I hate playing on a table that has all the powder and chalk marks. I hate getting all that chalk on my hands, because it then gets on my clothing when I lean down and shoot or if for whatever reason I have to touch my clothing. I have asked opponents to stop doing this, and have made a big deal out of having to clean it. Once I was playing a guy and asked him to quit flipping the chalk. He just laughed and continued. So everytime I got up to shoot, I would grab a napkin and walk around the entire table and clean the rails. This took forever and drove the guy nuts. From that day on, he kept his chalk in a chalk holder on his belt. lol

eg8r

Ludba
11-13-2002, 03:01 AM
That's funny stuff.

Actually I've made it a habit to place the chalk with the chalk facing to the side. Face down is an obvious breach of etiquette, but face up can get on people's clothes too, usually when you have more than one piece of chalk on the rail, someone carries their own chalk, or a pool player is so focused on the shot that chalk has become only a small part of an already miniscule universe far away from the place of nirvana in which he now resides.

Any of you guys place it facing sideways?

nAz
11-13-2002, 07:49 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote 9 Ball Girl:</font><hr> Naz used to get yelled at by Maureen Seto for doing just that. It wasn't purposely done, but he has since reformed his ways and in fact, I've seen him tell other guys to please place the chalk side up on the rail. LOL <hr /></blockquote>

True she did straighten me out, she is lucky i didnt kick her arse for yelling at me /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif. by the way i cought wendy doing that many times although she of course wont attmit it.

11-13-2002, 11:21 AM

9 Ball Girl
11-13-2002, 11:33 AM
Speaking of spit, I played this guy this weekend. He missed the shot and when he saw the cue ball rolling back toward where he was standing, he wet his thumb, and then pressed his thumb on the rail right where the CB landed. That's fine and dandy but for God's sake, I now had to shoot the next shot with my hand on the rail, right where the spitprint was. I felt like I was in a Seinfeld episode. I'm thinking to myself, "how am I suppose to shoot over this spitprint?" and "I can't make a bridge there, I don't want to touch that spot". Needless to say, I missed the shot 'cause of it. I had to make a weird bridge over the spitprint that I didn't want to touch. Yuck!

Wendy~~Never never places chalk side down on the rail! /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Rod
11-13-2002, 01:19 PM
Tom, their all over there is no way to escape. Reminds me of a movie, THE BLOB or The Martians are comming! LOL