PDA

View Full Version : Poster Ratings

Fred Agnir
11-13-2002, 11:20 AM
I suggest to lose the poster ratings. It has shown to harbor ill feelings in other forums that attempted it. I trust readers will be savvy enough to know what posts they like and don't like.

Fred

Tom_In_Cincy
11-13-2002, 11:44 AM
I agree with Fred on this one..

I would like to see both the poster and the thread "Star" ratings eliminated.

rackmup
11-13-2002, 12:48 PM
/ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif Me too. Anyone else before the "Well, other people like me and my posts! Didn't you see my stars?" stuff starts?

Regards,

Ken

JimS
11-13-2002, 01:00 PM
I can't think of a reason for the stars to be there and can't think of any useful purpose for them....other than being a handy way to "dis" someone.

nAz
11-13-2002, 01:12 PM
I was thinking the same thing Fred. it must make people feel good if they have stars next to their names, kind of like in kinder garden the teacher would give stars to students based on there behavior lol /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

SPetty
11-13-2002, 01:48 PM
I wholeheartedly agree with this suggestion. Please lose the poster ratings.

MikeM
11-13-2002, 03:14 PM
Add me to the bandwagon. I think we should lose the stars.

MM

WaltVA
11-13-2002, 04:00 PM
I agree - don't see a useful reason that outweighs the downside.

Walt in VA

bluewolf
11-13-2002, 05:43 PM
i agree with this. lose the stars, please.

bw

Alfie
11-13-2002, 05:45 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Fred Agnir:</font><hr> I suggest to lose the poster ratings. <hr /></blockquote> moi aussi

Ross
11-13-2002, 05:51 PM
I agree, unless you want to recognize my obvious superiority and give me, and me only, permanent 5-star status! /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Duke Mantee
11-13-2002, 06:49 PM
Yes, please lose the user ratings. And while you're at it, how about eliminating the user titles? They're childish at best and insultingly undignified at worst. Newbie? Pooh Bah? Addict? Good grief!

Thanks,
D.M.

PQQLK9
11-13-2002, 07:47 PM
I agree...lose the Stars and Titles...Please...

9 Ball Girl
11-13-2002, 09:00 PM
I like the stars. But it we get rid of them, that's ok. As far as the titles, I don't see anything wrong with them. They're actually kind of cute. The stages of your life on the CCB, sort of like Beechnut Babyfood Stages. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Wendy~~ok, I've had a couple of drinks and am beginning to babble now! &lt;hiccup&gt; http://smilies.networkessence.net/s/otn/party/beerchug.gif

ccboard_admin_back
11-13-2002, 09:15 PM
ok the ratings will be removed.

TomBrooklyn
11-13-2002, 11:13 PM
I was surprised to see the stars go away. I thought they were the best part of the new board. Shucks. I should have guessed some folks would have been complaining about them and checked here sooner. Too bad the top ten posts are gone also.

There will be no more contests where the wise and the strong are rewarded, and the confused and the weak can be identified and be nutured.
Don't bother striving for excellence, it will go unrecognized. Don't worry about posting garbage, there will be no repercussions or help forthcoming.

There will be no more Glory.
There will be no more Pomp and Circumstance.
There will be no more Parades.

Just prior to this, the ccb-admin locked down the most popular thread in CCB history under the blatantly false pretense that some posts were of a flaming nature. What's next in this sterilization process?

=TB=

TomBrooklyn
11-13-2002, 11:23 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote nAz:</font><hr> it must make people feel good if they have stars next to their names <hr /></blockquote>Of course it does. Napoleon Boneparte said that with enough medals he could take over the world. I'm surprised that as a Prince you did not know that. Oh wait, there is no longer a top ten post list that you are on top of. Your throne has collapsed.

Sorry about that, ex-Sire.

=TB=

Harold Acosta
11-13-2002, 11:35 PM
Titles should also go away. Change them all to "Member" and leave the number of posts and date of membership.

[b]<font color="blue">Billiard is a passionate sport for the mind and soul!</font color>
http://www.thebilliardstour.com/images/starscrash.gif

nAz
11-14-2002, 12:06 AM
Tom give me a month ill post a new one that will shake CCB to its very foundation Muhuhahahahaha http://216.40.249.192/mysmilies/contrib/blackeye/deal.gif

Duke Mantee
11-14-2002, 06:03 AM
Thanks, admin. Your ability and willingness to evaluate existing policy objectively are unusual and impressive. Your work is appreciated.

D.M.

Ross
11-14-2002, 03:25 PM
I totally agree with removing the poster ratings for all of the reasons given. Thanks.

But is it necessary to remove the thread ratings as well? They tended to be more content related (less personal) and were actually useful. Threads with a lot of good information tended to get high ratings and vice versa. I was already starting to use them to help me decide which threads I wanted to explore.

Please bring back thread ratings, if you can.

TomBrooklyn
12-02-2002, 12:06 PM
EGALITARIAN BOURGEOISIE!

SPetty
12-02-2002, 02:19 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote TomBrooklyn:</font><hr> EGALITARIAN BOURGEOISIE! <hr /></blockquote>Hi Tom,

First, is this an insult of some kind? Or is it a compliment? Please elaborate for those of us not so specially knowledgeable and worldly as you.

Second, get over it already. Geez.

Tom_In_Cincy
12-02-2002, 05:03 PM
EGALITARIAN: Affirming, promoting, or characterized by belief in equal political, economic, social, and civil rights for all people.

BOURGEOISIE The middle class. In Marxist theory, the social group opposed to the proletariat in the class struggle.

Its a comment.. nothing more.

landshark1002000
12-06-2002, 12:17 AM
I'm with ya on near evrythin. 'ceptin you two Toms is gonna poke out somuns eye wid dat dictionary. --Ted from Phoenix /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif