PDA

View Full Version : Post deleted by ccboard_admin

11-13-2002, 12:14 PM

Tom_In_Cincy
11-13-2002, 12:39 PM
Whitewolf

I found out a long time ago, that the only real control I have is how well I strike my determined place on the cue ball.

The only feedback I can get on how well I execute this control, is the result of the shot. That's why I continue to shot this way.

Popcorn
11-13-2002, 12:48 PM
All players know where they want to hit the cueball. Don't be fooled by their method, It may not appear they have a spot on the ball but they do. The tip on the cloth is a habit of a lot of top players. Can't explain it, but some aim at the cloth and then follow the ball. It is interesting how or why they do that.

Cueless Joey
11-13-2002, 01:15 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Popcorn:</font><hr> All players know where they want to hit the cueball. Don't be fooled by their method, It may not appear they have a spot on the ball but they do. The tip on the cloth is a habit of a lot of top players. Can't explain it, but some aim at the cloth and then follow the ball. It is interesting how or why they do that. <hr /></blockquote>
Efren aims at the very base of the cb, the darkest shadow. That is dead center. In fact, on straight in shots, all you do is aim the very base of the cb the very base of ob, and connect those dots.

phil in sofla
11-13-2002, 05:10 PM
If you watch the eyes or eyebrows or heads of top players, you'll see (generally) a back and forth focus, from the object ball back to the cue ball back to the object ball and so on, timed in concert with their practice strokes.

So, even if they are not looking at the tip placement on the cue ball, they are checking the line through the cue ball, usually up to the last practice stroke. At the final forward stroke, or maybe a little earlier, they ignore the cue ball and focus on the object ball, trusting in the line and their stroke to get the tip where they wanted it on the cue ball.

I found the transition in focus hard to time, and sometimes I'd end up barely re-acquiring the OB contact point somewhere in the middle of the final stroke, kind of late in the game. To avoid that, I've gone with a more abbreviated couple of looks at the cue ball to be sure of the line, and then focus entirely on the OB contact point for more than the last practice stroke, maybe seeing the cue ball a little in sort of peripheral vision at most during the time I'm on the OB contact point at the end.

At first I was concerned that my contact to contact point line would be inaccurate, but what I've found is that I'm able to hit the contact point with the cue ball more or less automatically, with something in my pattern recognition making the line right, so long as I'm visually on the contact point of the CB.

At first I found it hard to believe or trust that ability, but it's proven itself without much doubt.