View Full Version : how about a CCB get together

03-07-2002, 01:59 PM
how about a get together for everybody here on CCB.. Or am i just dreaming the impossible????????????Mike

03-07-2002, 02:08 PM
definitely dreaming

Rich R.
03-07-2002, 02:10 PM
Great!!! How about Saturday night at your house? LMAO.

Seriously, I believe this has been suggested in the past. The problem is that you have people on the CCB from all over the world. Logistics of getting everybody together at one place would be a nightmare. The other problem is the expense for travel and lodging for those far away from whatever location you choose. The best possible alternative is small meetings of a few CCB'ers when attending pool events. Valley Forge, next week will be a prime example, I'm sure. Many CCB people will be there. Now only if they can find each other. Rich R.~~~usually fades into the woodwork, but will be available at VF.

03-07-2002, 02:28 PM
we could do it at the US OPEN in Sept. also..cannot make VF......mike

Rich R.
03-07-2002, 02:58 PM
And many of us will not be at the U.S. Open. Your just going to have to settle for a small gathering of whoever can make it. Rich R.~~~good luck.

03-07-2002, 02:59 PM
How about Vegas in May? I would guess that a lot of us would be there anyway.

Chris Cass
03-07-2002, 04:05 PM
Hi Mike,
That's the one place I be for sure. I'll go by my "Cass" name and be the one with spaghetti sauce on his shirt. Others from here will be their too. I'll leave it for a surprise. LOL

03-07-2002, 06:45 PM
Good evening:

Sounds like a great idea! Maybe we could begin with regional meetings and then grow to a national convention with a major billiards tournament as an added bonus.

Dr. D.

03-07-2002, 08:05 PM
Can I go???

03-07-2002, 10:45 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: rackmup:</font><hr> Can I go??? <hr></blockquote>

NO! D'oh

Chris Cass
03-08-2002, 08:00 AM
My stomache is soooo sore. ROLFLMAO

Chris Cass
03-08-2002, 08:09 AM
Sorry Ken,
Didn't mean to laugh so hard, but in my head I see you sneeking in to the get togather for a beer. LOLLOL
Best Regards,
C.C.~~feels like Ken, needs to hit some balls......

03-08-2002, 02:39 PM

C'mon! Please! Can I go? I'll buy the first and last rounds. One more soccer practice and I think I just might lose my mind.

On another subject, I'm thinking all the way over here (the drive from Phoenix to Texas) about getting away from the crime in Phoenix. Then this happens within my first two days here:

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr>Victim's son: 'I pray for' driver
Star-Telegram Staff Writer

FORT WORTH - Brandon Glenn Biggs holds no animosity toward the woman accused of striking his father with her car in October, driving home with the man pinned in the shattered windshield and then leaving him there to die in her garage.

The 19-year-old high school senior, who learned the details of his father's death while at school Thursday morning, said he would like to meet with Chante Mallard.

"I'd just like to talk to her. Just ask questions and see why, to get a better understanding I suppose," he said in a telephone interview Thursday from his home in Albany, about 35 miles northeast of Abilene.

"I'm not angry at her. I pray for her actually."

Mallard, a 25-year-old nurse's aide, was charged with murder Thursday in the death of Gregory Glenn Biggs, 37, whose body was found in Cobb Park on Oct. 27 by two men.

Mallard's arrest Wednesday capped a four-month investigation that was unsuccessful until a woman called authorities last month and implicated Mallard in the death.

Mallard, who was released Wednesday from jail on a $10,000 writ bond, could not be reached to comment Thursday. Her attorney, Mike Heiskell, has said the case does not meet the requirements for murder, but instead is a case of failure to stop and render aid.

According to an arrest warrant affidavit released Thursday, the woman who tipped off police said she, Mallard and several other women were at a party Feb. 15 when Mallard brought up the accident.

In recounting how she hit a man while driving under the influence of alcohol and ecstasy, Mallard giggled and remarked that after the accident she had sex with a friend at her home, the affidavit says.

According to the affidavit, Mallard told the women that she waited a couple of days for Biggs to die before two male friends removed his body and dumped it in Cobb Park. She said she planned to burn the car and buy a new one after she received her income tax refund, the affidavit says.

Police who searched her house last week found the 1997 Chevrolet Cavalier still parked in the garage. Its two seats had been removed and were found in the back yard, one of them burned.

Thursday, police said they were still trying to identify the men who helped dispose of the body.

Traffic division supervisor Lt. David Burgess said police are also investigating inconsistencies between what Mallard reportedly said at the party and what she told police after her initial arrest Feb. 26 on suspicion of failure to stop and render aid.

"We don't know how much of that is embellished, how much of that was girl talk," Burgess said. "Is she [ Mallard] scared and not telling us the truth now or is she embellishing what had been said at the party. ... Probably somewhere in the middle is the truth."

The affidavit quotes Mallard as saying she had only two drinks and believed someone had slipped something into her drink before she left a bar to drive home the night she struck Biggs. She said she was scared and that she drove home with the man sticking through her windshield, and parked the car in the garage.

She said she frequently walked in and out of the garage to apologize to the injured, moaning man, the affidavit says.

Mallard told police she later called a male friend who came to her home, saw what had happened and took her to a friend's house. She told police that the next time she saw the male friend, he told her, "Don't worry about it. I took care of it."

Mallard told police that it was days later before she looked in her garage again and found that the man's body was gone.

Burgess said evidence indicated that Biggs could have been alive for two or three days before dying from loss of blood and shock.

Cheri Orr, who lives across the street from Mallard and occasionally visited with her, described her as a nice woman who kept her lawn neatly manicured and could often be seen dressed up on her way to Sunday church services.

"It's sad. It's devastating, really. It's a shock," said Orr, 39. "You don't expect your neighbors to do nothing like that."

At the time of the accident, the twice-divorced Biggs, a self-employed bricklayer, had been homeless about two years after falling on hard financial times, his son said.

"He ended up losing his truck because he couldn't make the payments," Brandon Biggs said. "When you're a bricklayer, you need a truck to haul your supplies around, so that was pretty much his career."

A dispute had left Biggs estranged from all other family members.

"I was the only one my dad talked to," the son said.

Brandon Biggs said he occasionally visited his father at a Fort Worth homeless shelter on East Lancaster Avenue.

"We'd go eat or we'd go to the mall and walk around or go to the park," he said.

In October, officials with the Tarrant County Medical Examiner's Office notified Brandon Biggs' mother, Gregory Biggs' first ex-wife, that the man had been found dead in Cobb Park, apparently the victim of a hit-and-run driver.

"I didn't know that he was alive for several days. I just thought that she hit him, he died and she drove off," the son said.

Brandon Biggs said he last heard from his father about two months before the accident.

"I had a dream that he died. I tried to get hold of him, but I never could," he said.

Brandon Biggs said he couldn't find any of his father's other family members and made the funeral arrangements himself.

On the morning of Oct. 31, Gregory Biggs was buried in Dallas. Brandon Biggs, his mother and his maternal grandparents were the only ones in attendance.

After hearing from her grandson Thursday for the first time in years, Gregory Biggs' mother, Meredith Biggs, and his sister, Janeen, visited the grave for the first time.

Meredith Biggs marveled at the headstone her grandson had picked out. She said she was glad that her son's tragic death had at least brought members of her family back together.

"I want people to understand that he was not just a piece of meat," Meredith Biggs said of her son. "He's loved and he was a kind and decent person. That's the main thing I want people to understand."<hr></blockquote>

Man...this is one wacky world we live in.

I mean, when a woman can drive home with a human stuck to her windshield like a locust, then just blow it off like the poor bastard is just going to get up (both of his legs were broken) and walk away while she's inside getting freaky with some guy! Well, It scares me. I can just hear her...

..."Wait here baby, I just gotta run out to the garage and see if that nasty old man stuck in my window has died yet. You want me to grab you a beer on my way back sugar?"



Ralph S.
03-08-2002, 03:49 PM
Some people. We have a winner for jack-ass of the year. And the winner is Chante Mallard from the affor-mentioned article.
Ralph S.

Chris Cass
03-09-2002, 03:05 AM
Hang in there Ken. Soon, someone mentioned before. Things will settle down and you'll get some pool time. I'm an expert on that subject.

Goes to show you how dumb people are. I once knew a blonde who caused a helicopter crash. She claimed the fan was messing up he hair so, she turned it off.lol