PDA

View Full Version : Help us find a nickname for our pool-playing pal!

rackmup
11-13-2002, 01:45 PM
We are trying to find a suitable nickname for Ed "eg8r" Newman.

Let me tell you a little about our Florida boy who now lives in Texas:

He's a "Big" fella.
He's a picky eater.
He has a "Leno-like" facial feature.
He drives a Dodge.
He plays with a Meucci.
His case is an old Porper.
I don't think he owns a pair of pants.
He has reddish hair.
He doesn't drink (or at least I have never seen him drink)

From that little bit of info, we need to give the boy a name. "Miami" was suggested by OPC but I'm sorry, until he abandons that Dodge Neon for a Ferrari, that isn't clickin'.

I like "Skeeter" but he abhors that one (hey...I thought naming him after Florida's State Bird would flatter him.)

Regards,

Ken

9 Ball Girl
11-13-2002, 01:52 PM
How's about Ed " <font color="red">Big Red</font color>" Newman

rackmup
11-13-2002, 02:57 PM
He will certainly not like the Nebraska Cornhuskers connection.

I'll see him later and run that one past him. After I get all of the CCB'er suggestions, I will form the post into a poll for voting, then, he will have a nickname "chosen by the people."

Regards,

Ken

Mr Ingrate
11-13-2002, 03:05 PM
Since he is a new man, the only appropriate nickname is:

Ed "Born Again" Newman

Ward
11-13-2002, 03:23 PM
Ken

Opy

Cueless Joey
11-13-2002, 03:26 PM
Cornbread Ed. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

eg8r
11-13-2002, 03:27 PM
Nope don't like the Nebraska connotations. I am originally from Miami so I am a Hurricane. We hate cornhuskers, lol whatever that is.
also, rackmup is misleading people into thinking I have red hair. That my friend is a negative.
eg8r

eg8r
11-13-2002, 03:34 PM
Some things are true, I will argue the non facts:[ QUOTE ]
He has reddish hair.
He doesn't drink (or at least I have never seen him drink)<hr /></blockquote>First, I wore pants last night. I generally do not like to though, I like to show off those sexy legs. rofl
Second, I have brownish, blonde hair with a red tint (I sound like a girl picking out a dye for my hair).
Third, Sure I drink..I love milk!!!!! oops, if you are talking about alcholic beverages, I tend to stay away. I had a tough time in college the first couple years and the 50 cent pitcher night at our old pool hall did not help...lol, man, I miss the good ole days. My wife has helped correct those errant ways.

eg8r &lt;~~~that sounds like a great nick to me

Fred Agnir
11-13-2002, 03:34 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote rackmup:</font><hr> We are trying to find a suitable nickname for Ed "eg8r" Newman. <hr /></blockquote>

How about "Egg Hater"?

Fred &lt;~~~ hth

eg8r
11-13-2002, 03:36 PM
LOL that sounds delicious.....

NO

eg8r &lt;~~~Really I rather not get a new name, rackmup just does not like guppie

eg8r
11-13-2002, 03:38 PM
Wow Ward. You are tough. I meet you once, you bash my skills on the board and now you want to call me Opy (Opie). lol

Tough crowd.

eg8r

heater451
11-13-2002, 04:58 PM
I know he'll hate this one, but hey, aren't nicknames supposed to 'cut' (nick-names)?

Call him "Special"

=======================
(I hope they fix the colors soon. . . .)

SPetty
11-13-2002, 05:41 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote heater451:</font><hr> (I hope they fix the colors soon. . . .) <hr /></blockquote>Hi heater451,

They may have changed the color code... I found this in the FAQ:

&lt;color:red&gt; text &lt;/color&gt; = Makes the given text red.
&lt;color:#00FF00&gt; text &lt;/color&gt; = Makes the given text green.

(replace the &lt; and &gt; with [ and ])

Hope that works for you. <font color="red">It seems to work for me!</font color> /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

OnePocketChamp
11-13-2002, 06:24 PM
I still like Miama but Spanky would be okay or how about this one Edagator. But all kiddin aside he is still my friend and I will always know him as Mr. Newman.

dddd
11-13-2002, 11:45 PM
theres a old player who played the road some time age named miami just for info great onehanded player.

rackmup
11-13-2002, 11:50 PM
Okay...maybe it's not red, but it isn't brown. It's sort of dark pink under the right light.

Ken

jbullerjr
11-14-2002, 12:37 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote rackmup:</font><hr> We are trying to find a suitable nickname for Ed "eg8r" Newman.

<font color="red"> SEH pronounced say (South East Hurricane) </font color>

He's a "Big" fella. <font color="red"> Texas Hurricane (like Tony E. r.i.p.)
</font color> He's a picky eater. <font color="red"> ? </font color>
He has a "Leno-like" facial feature. <font color="red">"The chin" jk </font color>
He drives a Dodge. <font color="red"> "Neon" Newman </font color>
He plays with a Meucci. <font color="red"> "Wonder Draw" </font color>
His case is an old Porper. <font color="red"> ? </font color>
I don't think he owns a pair of pants. <font color="red">"Legs" jk </font color>
He has reddish hair. <font color="red"> seems to be a debate on this one
</font color> He doesn't drink (or at least I have never seen him drink) <font color="red"> "Whiskey" </font color>

From that little bit of info, we need to give the boy a name. "Miami" was suggested by OPC but I'm sorry, until he abandons that Dodge Neon for a Ferrari, that isn't clickin'.

I like "Skeeter" but he abhors that one (hey...I thought naming him after Florida's State Bird would flatter him.)

Regards,

Ken <hr /></blockquote>

eg8r
11-14-2002, 06:49 AM
Well, wasn't that nice. Started off rough, but your true light really shined through. lol

eg8r &lt;~~~How about eg8r?????

CRATER59
11-14-2002, 09:50 AM
Greetings all,
The nickname "Miami" is already taken. The gentleman is originally from Spain, he emigrated to Florida in the late 50's, relocated to New Jersey in 65'and currently resides in a suburb outside Detroit. He is in his late 70's now and was known in his prime as one of the best one-hand one pocket players. He still hustles and is a very deceptive player. A real old school hustler.
Just out of curiosity, does anyone else know of who I speak?

Yours,

Doctor_D
11-14-2002, 09:53 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote rackmup:</font><hr> We are trying to find a suitable nickname for Ed "eg8r" Newman.

He's a "Big" fella.
He's a picky eater.
He has a "Leno-like" facial feature.
He drives a Dodge.
He plays with a Meucci.
His case is an old Porper.
He has reddish hair.
He doesn't drink (or at least I have never seen him drink)

Regards,

Ken <hr /></blockquote>

Well, how about Hoss ?

Dr. D.