PDA

View Full Version : Are there any Pro Players who are HATED/DISLIKED ?

bigbro6060
11-14-2002, 02:20 AM
By either Fans or other players

Most sports have their villians

Pool doesn't seem to

I know about jeanette Lee on the women's side

what about the men's ?

Perk
11-14-2002, 01:10 PM
Strickland? Hear a lot of bashin there...

phil in sofla
11-14-2002, 08:16 PM
Grady Matthews has had a lot of negative things to say about Ginky (San Souci) on this board, if I remember correctly. However, that may be more about how he runs events than as a player.

Barbara
11-14-2002, 08:36 PM
Now I'm going to say something about Corey Deuel.

I don't like him at all. I have no respect for him.

When he was being orphaned at Drexeline and Jimmy Caras took an interest in him, Corey's skills took off. Bob Maidhof also helped him in a lot of ways and even got the township to change the laws about minors being in a pool hall. "Rafael" who has posted here wrote a great post about what Bob and Jimmy did.

So when I was at Las Vegas last May and ran into Corey I spoke to him and asked him to call Jimmy Caras up and just say "Hi,". Jimmy's in a nursing home and it would be nice to talk to him. Jeez, he helped Corey so much, why not? Corey never called him.

What a jerk Corey is. I will never respect him or his talents. If you can't at least thank someone who helped you, what good does that do for you?

Barbara~~~practices all the shots Jimmy taught me and thanks him too...

TomBrooklyn
11-15-2002, 04:10 AM
And to think that Philidelphia is known as the City Of Brotherly Love. As a favorite son, Corey Deuel casts a shadow of shame on the former Capital of the United States. =TB

eg8r
11-15-2002, 06:39 AM
The positive posts by Grady here on the board are few and far between. You might be able to count them on one hand.

He hardly ever even answers questions from his own thread.

Love him as a commentator for Accu-Stats, cannot stand the way he is on this board.

eg8r

Barbara
11-15-2002, 05:09 PM
Actually Tom, Corey is not a native son of Philadelphia.

Barbara

phil in sofla
11-19-2002, 06:24 PM
Sorry, I was mistaken in my memory.

Grady's nemesis appears to be Alan Hopkins, not Ginky.

TomBrooklyn
11-19-2002, 09:19 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Barbara:</font><hr> Actually Tom, Corey is not a native son of Philadelphia.<hr /></blockquote>Well, thank goodness. That makes more sense. How could such a person have come from the home of the Liberty Bell and the Mummers.
=TB

Nostroke
11-19-2002, 10:25 PM
HI Barb- where is he from then?

jjinfla
11-20-2002, 06:17 AM
Hey Barbara, If it is important for you to have Cory call Jimmy then write to Corey's sponsor and tell them about the incident. If they are smart they will have Corry visit Jimmy and make a PR event out of it. But then, are you sure that corri hasn't called him yet? Maybe he did and you just don't know about it. Jake

Wally_in_Cincy
11-20-2002, 08:09 AM
originally