PDA

View Full Version : Missing posters?

SPetty
11-14-2002, 01:15 PM
You know, we formerly had a pile of valuable non-registered posters. Do you think they'll register and continue to post, or have we lost them for good? Although ChrisinNC is registered, he rarely logged in to post. I don't think Stretch ever figured it out or got around to it - ditto RandyG. As I understand it, there may be something about Web TV that keeps SmorgassBored from registering (or it's a personal thing), and GF never did register either.

So, what other valuable posters are we not going to hear from again because registration is required to post here? Maybe these guys can go over to the "Non Pool Related" or Newbies" forums, since it looks like you can post anonymously over there...

(Is this a pool related post that should be posted here, or should this have been posted elsewhere?)

eg8r
11-14-2002, 01:33 PM
Another poster that I miss is Howie Pearl.

eg8r

TomBrooklyn
11-14-2002, 02:08 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Spotty:</font><hr>we formerly had valuable non-registered posters. Do you think they'll register and continue to post, or have we lost them for good? <hr /></blockquote>SP,
Allow me to be first in line to apologize that the currently active posters don't adequately meet your expectations.

As far as any of the former posters registering, I for one, have full confidence in their ability to figure out how to do it; and I expect them to post whenever they so desire.

=TB=

Kato
11-14-2002, 02:23 PM
Howie doesn't play pool anymore therefore doesn't come to this site /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif. He is however, alive and well /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif. I'll drop him an e-mail tonight just to make sure.

Kato~~~is also sad Howie doesn't post anymore but understands completely

Wally_in_Cincy
11-14-2002, 02:36 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SPetty:</font><hr> You know, we formerly had a pile of valuable non-registered posters. <hr /></blockquote>

Also had a few non-valuable non-registered posters.

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SPetty:</font><hr> Although ChrisinNC is registered, he rarely logged in to post. I don't think Stretch ever figured it out or got around to it - ditto RandyG. As I understand it, there may be something about Web TV that keeps SmorgassBored from registering (or it's a personal thing), and GF never did register either.

<hr /></blockquote>

Chris in NC should be back. His problem I believe was connection speed. This board is just about unusable if you've got a slow connection. I think he said he was getting a complete new setup.

Fels and RandyG will figure it out when they're ready.

Don't know about Stretch. I'll try to email him.

BTW where's "Pogue" I wonder.

9 Ball Girl
11-14-2002, 02:50 PM
You'll find out tonite...http://65.68.63.156/mysmilies/otn/happy/11zwinky.gif

MikeM
11-14-2002, 03:11 PM
I think Stretch just registered recently. Or at least someone named Stretch did.

MM

Ralph S.
11-15-2002, 09:12 AM
If we could just get Fran and some of the old regulars back.......
Ralph S.

bluewolf
11-15-2002, 09:26 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SPetty:</font><hr> You know, we formerly had a pile of valuable non-registered posters. Do you think they'll register and continue to post, or have we lost them for good? Although ChrisinNC is registered, he rarely logged in to post. I don't think Stretch ever figured it out or got around to it - ditto RandyG. As I understand it, there may be something about Web TV that keeps SmorgassBored from registering (or it's a personal thing), and GF never did register either.

So, what other valuable posters are we not going to hear from again because registration is required to post here? Maybe these guys can go over to the "Non Pool Related" or Newbies" forums, since it looks like you can post anonymously over there...

(Is this a pool related post that should be posted here, or should this have been posted elsewhere?) <hr /></blockquote>

I dont know if i am all that valuable, still being a beginner. But I have found that I can post on the non-pool forum how i did in league last night, or about some kool shot I made, which would be a simple shot for most people here. And of course, Rackumup can tell as many jokes as he wants over there.

I find myself reluctant to post here about new stuff I have learned, since many here are way above my head in pool and I don't want to waste anybody's time reading something they already know.

I am being honest and sincere. This is not sarcastic, cynical or sour grapes or anything. I just know that most people here are way out of my league.

bw

PQQLK9
11-15-2002, 09:40 AM
This little Piggy went to the market...
That little Piggy stayed home...
This little Piggy had roast beef...
That little Piggy had none...
Leave them alone and they will come, wagging their tails behind them.
/ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

beerwolf
11-15-2002, 10:43 AM
Pogue is alive and well in the same general location he was in last year. I entered a tournament with him last night. I left before him as it was late and the smoke was brutal.
It took nearly 5 hours for me to play my second match and my eyes were so sore that I was blinking during strokes so I could see. It was a blessing in disguise to go two and out.
Pool is the only activity where the smoking diehards are adamant about their right to pollute the air and in fact insist on doing so. Is it any wonder that the sport(?) is not more popular? I think I'll stick to the one non-smoking tournament I know of.
BW

PQQLK9
11-15-2002, 11:04 AM
Hey BW I feel your pain. The smoke at the PH is literally killing me. I go to the PH for competition and come home smelling like a chimney (wife hates it).I dont wear my nice clothes there anymore. Most of the smokers there are selfesh rude bastards. /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif

TomBrooklyn
11-15-2002, 04:35 PM
Why don't you ask the owner of the pool hall to install some ventilation or air circulators with filters? If he thinks it will be good for his business, he will likely do it. Of course, if he doesn't think it benefits his business, he may not. But he might just do it to be nice too, who knows? =TB=

bluewolf
11-15-2002, 06:14 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote beerwolf:</font><hr> Pogue is alive and well in the same general location he was in last year. I entered a tournament with him last night. I left before him as it was late and the smoke was brutal.
It took nearly 5 hours for me to play my second match and my eyes were so sore that I was blinking during strokes so I could see. It was a blessing in disguise to go two and out.
Pool is the only activity where the smoking diehards are adamant about their right to pollute the air and in fact insist on doing so. Is it any wonder that the sport(?) is not more popular? I think I'll stick to the one non-smoking tournament I know of.
BW <hr /></blockquote>

We have a large non smoking section (most of the pool hall) where i play league so it isnt a problem.

Years ago we had to work in a 'Bingo" game one time a week to raise money for my son's year round swim team. The smoke was so thick,it felt like my throat was closing. I started taking a contac (antihistamine) and I was able to bare it. It still wasnt pleasant but at least I wasnt choking to death.

blu