PDA

View Full Version : Brunswick Centennial balls

11-14-2002, 09:21 PM
I just got delivery on Brunswick Centennial balls. I notice a yellowish cast on the cue and the same cast on the "white portion" of the high balls. The club that I have played at uses the centennials but the cue ball looks white as well as the white portion of the high balls. Is there something wrong here? I am told that centennials come in two types 1st quality and 2nd quality. I was told that I ordered 1st quality.
Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

John

#### leonard
11-14-2002, 10:47 PM
They develop a yellow cast to the balls. In my opinion a yellow centennial plays better than a white one, softer on the eyes. ####

Rich R.
11-15-2002, 08:24 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote pooljba:</font><hr> I just got delivery on Brunswick Centennial balls. I notice a yellowish cast on the cue and the same cast on the "white portion" of the high balls. The club that I have played at uses the centennials but the cue ball looks white as well as the white portion of the high balls. Is there something wrong here? I am told that centennials come in two types 1st quality and 2nd quality. I was told that I ordered 1st quality.
Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

John <hr /></blockquote>
I believe they will lose the yellow cast when exposed to light. At least that is what I have read here in the past.

bluewolf
11-15-2002, 09:37 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote #### leonard:</font><hr> They develop a yellow cast to the balls. In my opinion a yellow centennial plays better than a white one, softer on the eyes. #### <hr /></blockquote>

Do they come like that? Awhile back, I took the plunge and bought the super pro aramith balls. I like the larger numbers on both the top aramith and brunswick centenial balls.

bw