PDA

View Full Version : Quote of the Day - New York Times

Harold Acosta
11-15-2002, 04:43 PM
[b]This quote couldn't be more true..... /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif
================================================== ==========
<font color="purple">"We can't find bin Laden, we haven't made real progress in finding key elements of Al Qaeda. They continue to be as great a threat today as they were one and a half years ago. So by what measure can we claim to be successful sofar?"
-TOM DASCHLE, the Senate Democratic leader. /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif </font color>
<font color="black">================================================== ==========
Our President is now using Sadam Hussein as ginny pig since he has been unable to handle Bin Laden and the Al Qaeda. Abuse of his power and privileges, I might add!

Just my opinion, folks!

</font color>
[b]<font color="blue">Billiard is a passionate sport for the mind and soul!</font color>
http://www.thebilliardstour.com/images/starscrash.gif

stickman
11-15-2002, 06:05 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Harold Acosta:</font><hr> [b]This quote couldn't be more true..... /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif
<font color="purple">"We can't find bin Laden, we haven't made real progress in finding key elements of Al Qaeda. They continue to be as great a threat today as they were one and a half years ago. So by what measure can we claim to be successful sofar?"
-TOM DASCHLE, the Senate Democratic leader. /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif </font color>
<font color="black">================================================== ==========
Our President is now using Sadam Hussein as ginny pig since he has been unable to handle Bin Laden and the Al Qaeda. Abuse of his power and privileges, I might add!

Just my opinion, folks!

</font color>
[b]<font color="blue">Billiard is a passionate sport for the mind and soul!</font color>
<hr /></blockquote>

When I lived in the country, I trapped mice and rats. Just because I didn't get them all, didn't mean I wasn't making any progress. There were fewer of them anyway. Bin Laden will make a mistake, and meet his fate eventually.

Now if Sadam Hussein is a Ginny Pig, I'm ready for a pig roast. LOL /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Karatemom
11-16-2002, 12:12 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote stickman:</font><hr> Now if Sadam Hussein is a Ginny Pig, I'm ready for a pig roast. LOL /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif <hr /></blockquote>

I've been dying for a good ham sandwich for about 11 years now /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif.

Heide

eg8r
11-16-2002, 01:20 AM
Are you trying to start a political war? Maybe Bush should have just stepped down much like your buddy Clinton. Everyday there are people like Tom Daschle that further prove what a wonderful thing just happened in the latest elections.

I wonder if your quotes of the day will be as biased as your paper of choice. [ QUOTE ]
"We can't find bin Laden, we haven't made real progress in finding key elements of Al Qaeda. They continue to be as great a threat today as they were one and a half years ago. So by what measure can we claim to be successful sofar?"<hr /></blockquote>This is the kind of ignorance that helped the Dems to lose more seats in Congress. Since the Dems have lost all these seats, they need to find something to discredit what the President has done in order to start rebuilding their somewhat puny reputation. If yourself or Daschle would like "a measure to claim success" why don't you look right at the very fact that the Taliban no longer rule Ashcanistan. This is a huge fact that continues to get swept under the rug. The taliban has been removed and so have all the Al Qaeda camps that were there. Did the Americans fail in their mission? Well I certainly think not. Here is a quote from Boortz.com [ QUOTE ]
So .. it’s back to business as usual. There’s an election in two years, so there’s no time like right now to start painting Bush as a failure. Osama Bin Laden is alive, so Bush blew it. Never mind that Afghanistan is liberated from the Taliban. Forget that the Al Qaeda have lost their training bases and the bulk of their infrastructure. Ignore those Islamic terrorists who were arrested in upstate New York … and their colleague who was killed by that Hellfire missile in Yemen. Truth is, we have no idea how many terrorist attacks have been thwarted by the efforts of our security agencies and our men and women in uniform. The mere fact that there has been no follow-up attack is a good indication that something is being done right.

More attacks? Sure there will be more attacks. This is a world-wide war. The Islamic radicals are determined to achieve world domination under Islamic law. Wouldn’t it be nice if people like Daschle could support Bush’s effort instead of trying to undermine it? <hr /></blockquote> I am quite proud to have worked on the Hellfire program that introduced itself to that wonderful human being the Dems feel so sorry for.

What the heck is a ginny pig? Is that liquored up pork or what?

eg8r

nAz
11-16-2002, 02:27 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Harold Acosta:</font><hr> [b]This quote couldn't be more true..... /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Just my opinion, folks!

</font color>
<hr /></blockquote>

Funny no one cares about the economy anymore keep em busy with war talk it wins elections.
personally i would like to see the 300+ billion dollars that war will cost go into homeless poverty and education, but then again there is no oil or money to be made in these things.
well ill give Dubja and the republicans a chance for now but if things get F*cked up worse there can be no one to blame but them!
Oh yeah worse thing that will happen from this past election
is that the supreme court will soon change to a mostly conservative group Kiss your rights good bye /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

bluewolf
11-16-2002, 06:32 AM
I'm with you Naz. Although what happened last year was horrible, I think the terrorists will always be with us, to some degree or another.

I am more worried about the economy too.I have been worried about this country going into a depression for some time. If that happens,many would lose their jobs and stocks would crash. As awful as it sounds to say this, a war would create jobs and turn the economy around.

blu

eg8r
11-16-2002, 11:48 AM
You must be too crazy to have believed what you said [ QUOTE ]
Oh yeah worse thing that will happen from this past election is that the supreme court will soon change to a mostly conservative group Kiss your rights good bye <hr /></blockquote>This is asinine. If you would like a little education then pay attention. Do you think individuals should be allowed to own guns? If you answered yes, they you believe in the right to bear arms. If this is correct then you must follow a "conservative" mind set because this is exactly what the Republicans are fighting for. The dems would like to take that right away. If you don't believe me then listen to any gun control lobbyist and you tell me where his campaign contributions are going.

Another idea, if you believe in your rights then why vote Democrat? The dems get the majority of their campaign contributions from unions. This is the biggest rip off of Americans. Why should a private citizen be denied a position because he is not a union employee, when it is documented time and time again that union led companies do not produce any outcome that is near the level of the private industry. If you would like a great example, then look no further than the teachers union. Government institutions (public schools) are the worst places to send your kids if you are looking at academics. Look in the state of California. There was a private company that decided to turn around some run down schools. They used private money (big business) to hire private instructors (non union) and now look at it now. Those schools have the highest rated academics in the state. The teachers union think this is a travesty, and they want those schools returned to the government.

I could go on for hours but here is my last statement: The dems voted against allowing the private citizens to invest a portion of the social security into personal retirement funds. Why would they do this, Social security earns at most around 2%, it does not even keep up with the rate of inflation. The reason is because if private citizens can invest their own money then they are not dependent on the government as much. This means the dems will lose constituents. What do the dems do, they say the Republicans are trying to take away your retirement. Run old people and vote democrat or you will lose your money. The elderly will not lose anything, they are already receiving it. What will happen, is that private citizens will have opportunity to earn more than the 2% the dems want to give them. If you think social security is such a great thing, then I urge you not to invest in any Roth IRA's or anything else. If you truly believe the Democrats are there to help you then why don't you call on them when you are 65 and trying to live off the paltry SS that you are recieving.

eg8r &lt;~~~You don't even want me to start with Tax breaks. /ccboard/images/graemlins/mad.gif

eg8r
11-16-2002, 11:55 AM
This reply makes no sense. You people need to read a little more and get your heads out of the newspeoples butts. Here is a fine quote by one dem supporter bw.[ QUOTE ]
I am more worried about the economy too.I have been worried about this country going into a depression for some time. If that happens,many would lose their jobs and stocks would crash.<hr /></blockquote>Just to try and set the record straight, do you even know if we are in a depression, recession or anything of the like. NO!!!. The recession happened while Clinton was in office. It started near the end of his term when everyone one was thinking Al Gore might be Clintons successor. The economy has not been in recession for awhile now. Bush has helped that happened. In order to be in a recession we must have 2 quarters in a row that are declining, this has not happened in awhile. The stocks are low, but that is not because of Bush. Take a look at the technology failure that happened and you make a good reason to blame that on Bush.

eg8r

nAz
11-16-2002, 12:24 PM
Dude relax your going to pop a blood vessel /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif
maybe this will make you smile

http://images.ucomics.com/comics/db/2002/db021017.gif
http://images.ucomics.com/comics/db/2002/db021016.gif

Wally_in_Cincy
11-16-2002, 12:26 PM
..and he will regret saying that if he doesn't already. Daschle's just playing politics. He knows that is a bold-faced lie. We ran the Taliban out of Afghanistan, killed or captured hundreds if not thousands, and disrupted the rest. All that with 250, let me repeat, 250 U. S. ground troops.

No progress? I beg to differ.

eg8r
11-16-2002, 01:16 PM
Wally, I agree with you about Daschle being an idiot. The one thing that I will beg to argue is that we did not do it with just 250 ground troops. We also had a good number of local fighters helping out (sometimes) and there was the enormous air power. The fighter planes from the couple different countries did an amazing job of neutralizing the majority of the taliban. Just so you know, when the F-16's are dropping the JDAMs they have a 5 yard radius when using the GPS guidance system. It is hard to miss when you are that close.

eg8r

eg8r
11-16-2002, 01:25 PM
I am not going to pop a blood vessel, I just think it is crazy what some people say when they don't know what they are talking about.

That cartoon is unfunny because it makes reference to tax cuts to the rich. Well no kidding, do you think the poor need a tax cut? They are not even paying any taxes in.

I think it was funny when a neighbor of mine from college called to see if I had received my early tax check last year. I told him yes, it was for $300 (I wasn't married yet). He was all pissed off because he did not get a check. I asked him how much money he made. His reply was that he was had a down year the year before and did not work much, instead opting out for welfare. I laughed my butt off when hearing that he expected to get money. He did not earn it so why should he get it. Heck, he is already receiving free (stolen) money from the people that earned it.

eg8r

nAz
11-16-2002, 01:35 PM
ok heres another

http://www.salon.com/comics/tomo/2002/10/28/tomo/story.gif

bluewolf
11-16-2002, 01:37 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote eg8r:</font><hr> I am more worried about the economy too.I have been worried about this country going into a depression for some time. If that happens,many would lose their jobs and stocks would crash.

<hr /></blockquote>Just to try and set the record straight, do you even know if we are in a depression, recession or anything of the like. NO!!!. The recession happened while Clinton was in office. It started near the end of his term when everyone one was thinking Al Gore might be Clintons successor. The economy has not been in recession for awhile now. Bush has helped that happened. In order to be in a recession we must have 2 quarters in a row that are declining, this has not happened in awhile. The stocks are low, but that is not because of Bush. Take a look at the technology failure that happened and you make a good reason to blame that on Bush.

eg8r <hr /></blockquote>

I dont agree with you about not being in a recession, but for the sake of the country I hope you are right.

I dont blame bush for anything of this nature. In fact, i think he has done some good things.

But not going to say any more because my daddy taught me not to talk about religion or politics.

blu

bluewolf
11-16-2002, 01:53 PM
Well I am going to bite here.It sounds like eg8r has studied this political stuff very well.

What I really believe would not work in america because things have gone too far.

I took a test on the computer to see what camp I fit into.I came out Liberal Libertarian. I hate the federal govt and all the stuff it steals from us. In my perfect society, the feds would just have enough money to have military protection for the country.all of the rest of the decisions would rest with the states.

but i dont think my form of govt will ever happen so when an election comes up, i just vote the best i can.

blu

Harold Acosta
11-16-2002, 02:28 PM
eg8r:

Can you be more civilized when replying to any post? You're always trying to make a point by insulting people.

Anyway, I don't care what you think or say.

Bye Mr. (Eg)otistical (8) Ball (R)epublican (eg8r). /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

[b]Oh, and you can KISS MY BUTT!!! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

11-16-2002, 03:01 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote bluewolf:</font><hr> If that happens,stocks would crash. <hr /></blockquote>Stocks already did crash.

11-16-2002, 03:08 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote bluewolf:</font><hr> when an election comes up, i just vote the best i can.<hr /></blockquote>Vote the Marijuana Reform Party.

11-16-2002, 03:10 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote nAz:</font><hr> ok heres another<hr /></blockquote>Hey Naz, stop getting all your political information from comic strips. They're COMIC STRIPS!

11-16-2002, 03:13 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Harold Acosta:</font><hr> eg8r: Can you be more civilized when replying to any post? [b]Oh, and KISS MY BUTT!!!<hr /></blockquote> Huh?

11-16-2002, 03:22 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote nAz:</font><hr>i would like to see the 300+ billion dollars that war will cost go into homeless poverty and education, but then again there is no oil or money to be made in these things.
Oh yeah worse thing that will happen from this past election
is that the supreme court will soon change to a mostly conservative group Kiss your rights good bye <hr /></blockquote>If you can save 300 bil, let the people keep it, lower taxes. Education has enough money, get rid of the students that disrupt classrooms, get rid of lousy teachers that now have tenure and it'll be fine. Let the homeless get jobs. Cut welfare by 2/3. Let teenage girls who get pregnant be supported by their family. That ought to cut down irresponsible childbirths. And take their mother's welfare away also. Let her mother live on the wages she makes on her off the books job and the wages from the guy who's living with her that doesn't marry her so she can continue collecting welfare, food stamps, and housing subsidy.

Stop taxing the honest middle class and upper class citizens to death.

As far as rights, the Supreme Court will never overturn Roe v. Wade. And Dems will take you friggin' guns away. Don't look to me for pity when you get friggin' robbed and you can't defend yourself because they took your right to own a gun away.

nAz
11-16-2002, 03:50 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SlimJim:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote nAz:</font><hr> ok heres another<hr /></blockquote>Hey Naz, stop getting all your political information from comic strips. They're COMIC STRIPS! <hr /></blockquote>

sorry im just crazy to believe in what i say ,so i get the comic strips that are of course not accurate. yeah right. [censored] the way i think im glad the 2nd amendment exist this way i cant be put in a southern nut house.

this is a great thread i get to see how people raised in differant parts of the country think,some of it i can agree with but thank god im smart enough to filter out the BS

http://www.salon.com/comics/tomo/2002/09/09/tomo/story.jpg

TomBrooklyn
11-16-2002, 03:59 PM
Eh, what the hell, bomb em.

But then I say take enough of their oil to pay for all our expenses (plus a little extra.) Now that makes good economic as well as political sense.

Remember the good old Imperialistic days?

=TB=

9 Ball Girl
11-16-2002, 06:03 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SlimJim:</font><hr> Vote the Marijuana Reform Party. <hr /></blockquote>

Mmmmm. Ah yes. Marijuana--chockful of wholesome mediciney goodness! /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

9 Ball Girl~~visions of "A Day In The Life Of Kato" thread come to mind.

Wendy&lt;---I HATE politics! but i gotta live with 'em /ccboard/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

bluewolf
11-16-2002, 07:17 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SlimJim:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote bluewolf:</font><hr> when an election comes up, i just vote the best i can.<hr /></blockquote>Vote the Marijuana Reform Party. <hr /></blockquote>

you are funny. stocks havent crashed yet, not all of them. but the downward trend of the overall stock market does not give me much confidence in the stock market.

blu

Cueless Joey
11-16-2002, 07:50 PM
Ed, I AGREE 1000 %. /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif

eg8r
11-16-2002, 10:39 PM
Because I feel you read things and just think they are fun, I will reply in hopes that your able to be sincere.
First funny: Yes probably screwed up a long time ago, that does not mean atoning for you sins is doing the wrong thing again (a liberal column I am positive).

Second funny: Why does Dick Cheney have to hand over papers from a private meeting that was held? No one was forcing Clinton to hand over all the notes taken from his meetings. Maybe we should ask for the notes and minutes taken from the meeting when Clinton decided not to bomb the building when Secret Service had absolutely 100% proof Osama bin Laden was in the building (this was right after the first World Trade Center bombing). The building was away from a large amount of collateral damage and with the use of JDAMs we have close to a 5 foot (or yard cannot remember) radius on the hit. Please Clinton tell us why you did not pull the trigger then.

Third funny: The Fl Supreme Court did not give the presidency to Bush. If you read the papers you will clearly see there was no reason for it to have even gotten that far. However since the vote was such a problem, please tell me why the only counties that were recounted were the ones that would have definitely helped out the dems. No Republican county was to be recounted. C'mon democrats are ignorant to believe Gore was even close in that state. This does not even account for the fact that the dems wanted to throw out all the military ballots and not count them (the military is predominantly Republican).

Fourth funny: Too dumb to even think about it this late.

eg8r &lt;~~~Willing to argue for my party of choice

eg8r
11-16-2002, 10:43 PM
Hey naz, how about you reply and let me hear the BS. I understand you are "smart" enough as you so eloquently post here, so please tell me the BS. I am willing to hear your side and then rebut.

eg8r &lt;~~~I don't think this is about being smart, I think it is about being ignorant and getting your knowledge from biased cartoons. C'mon try me.

eg8r
11-16-2002, 10:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I dont agree with you about not being in a recession, but for the sake of the country I hope you are right.<hr /></blockquote>Well, why don't you state how you come to your hypothetical reasoning for what a recession is. I am dying to hear this. Promise me this, once you go to your source for the definition, please then go research your side. I know that we are not in a recession but willing to hear what you have to say. It is a good idea not to quote what your newsperson had to say, remember they are biased and this should be an idea you formulate yourself and then prove.

eg8r &lt;~~~I don't think you will do it.

Voodoo Daddy
11-16-2002, 10:51 PM
Naz...I'm impressed...really. Here I thought you were just the chatty clown prince.. Why have you hidden these talents for so long? /ccboard/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

eg8r
11-16-2002, 10:59 PM
I have to say, a Liberal Libertarian is an oxymoron. They are the most completely different things on the face of the earth. A true Libertarian will believe in exactly the words of the Constitution. This does not bode well for the Liberals (this is a funny word that is synonymous with Democrat). Liberals believe that the government is here for security of the people. No where in the Constitution does it say the governement will provide security. If they believed that back in the late 1600s and 1700s then they would never have fled from England. The government in England at the time provided them will all the security one could want. If you think I am way off based with the security thing, go back to any of the Presidential debates and count how many times Gore talked about Security. This is easy to do, just use the find function of your browser and count everyone you come to and then check to see who said it. Bush was very limited when compared to Gore. Gore was trying to force feed un-Constitutional crap to the poor people in order to win votes. The poor want security (read WELFARE), the elderly want security (read: Social Security), and the woman want security (read: Gun control). Just a funny thought occured, when all the law abiding people turn in their guns in support of the government do you really think the robber is going to turn his in. Also, how will the government make you feel secure when you are being robbed at gunpoint. I mean, you did what they told you to do and were promised "security" however now, you need to call your credit card companys because you were robbed.

eg8r

eg8r
11-16-2002, 11:01 PM
Don't hate politics, and no you don't have to live with them. If you decide to sit back and just go with the flow, you will live because of them.

eg8r

eg8r
11-16-2002, 11:08 PM
AWWW Harold, could you be more than a hypocrite. Are you a do as I say not as I do kind of person. [ QUOTE ]
Can you be more civilized when replying to any post? You're always trying to make a point by insulting people.

Anyway, I don't care what you think or say.

Bye Mr. (Eg)otistical (8) Ball (R)epublican (eg8r).

Oh, and you can KISS MY BUTT!!! <hr /></blockquote> I believe you are starting to dislike me because I say what is on my mind even if it means I ruffle your feathers. Also you say you don't care what I say but I believe you do. If not then don't reply with hypocritical posts, they show there was not much thought put into the post, thus, wasting your time and mine (Just for you, I made your hypocritical lines bold. I try to be clear when being uncivilized).

eg8r &lt;~~~By the way, pretty catchy what one can do with a few letters.

bluewolf
11-16-2002, 11:45 PM
I live in Virginia/Md. I was raised in a republican family. As time went by I became more liberal on some things but believe in some republican stuff too. So i guess i am in the middle sort of. My main belief has to do with taking back our money from the feds.

blu

bluewolf
11-17-2002, 12:07 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote eg8r:</font><hr> &lt;/font&gt;&lt;blockquote&gt;&lt;font class="small"&gt;Quote:&lt;/font&gt;&lt;hr /&gt;
I dont agree with you about not being in a recession, but for the sake of the country I hope you are right.<hr /></blockquote>Well, why don't you state how you come to your hypothetical reasoning for what a recession is. I am dying to hear this. Promise me this, once you go to your source for the definition, please then go research your side. I know that we are not in a recession but willing to hear what you have to say. It is a good idea not to quote what your newsperson had to say, remember they are biased and this should be an idea you formulate yourself and then prove.

eg8r &lt;~~~I don't think you will do it. <hr /></blockquote>

I believe that the disaster that happened on 9/11 has hurt the economy. maybe it is coincidence but there seemed to be a downward spiral soon after, and the stocks are still going down for the most part.

I do not just rely on studies, news paper article etc. They can all be biased and I think much is held in secret from us by the feds. I do not think any civilian has all the facts but I have a very bad gut feeling about the way the country is headed. There are a lot of little issues making up the whole, which I tend not to debate about.

You seem very set in your believes and appear to have a need to browbeat anyone who thinks differently and beat them over the head like a Bible thumper point by point.

I think that you have made your opinions quite clear and frankly, to me anyway, you are sounding like a broken record.

blu

bluewolf
11-17-2002, 12:19 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote eg8r:</font><hr> I have to say, a Liberal Libertarian is an oxymoron. They are the most completely different things on the face of the earth. A true Libertarian will believe in exactly the words of the Constitution. This does not bode well for the Liberals (this is a funny word that is synonymous with Democrat). Liberals believe that the government is here for security of the people. No where in the Constitution does it say the governement will provide security. If they believed that back in the late 1600s and 1700s then they would never have fled from England. The government in England at the time provided them will all the security one could want. If you think I am way off based with the security thing, go back to any of the Presidential debates and count how many times Gore talked about Security. This is easy to do, just use the find function of your browser and count everyone you come to and then check to see who said it. Bush was very limited when compared to Gore. Gore was trying to force feed un-Constitutional crap to the poor people in order to win votes. The poor want security (read WELFARE), the elderly want security (read: Social Security), and the woman want security (read: Gun control). Just a funny thought occured, when all the law abiding people turn in their guns in support of the government do you really think the robber is going to turn his in. Also, how will the government make you feel secure when you are being robbed at gunpoint. I mean, you did what they told you to do and were promised "security" however now, you need to call your credit card companys because you were robbed.

eg8r <hr /></blockquote>

I believe in the constitution as I understand it. i do not believe in the fed govt collecting money for welfare or ss and i do not believe in fed income tax. i do not believe in any of the laws made by the feds, I believe that the states should have their own rules.

I believe in personal freedom and economic freedom. i do not believe in gun control and i do not believe in the fed govt stealing my money to run their programs.

Liberal Libertarian is where the computer put me, but, perhaps I am an anarchist.

blu

stickman
11-17-2002, 12:28 AM
This is all very entertaining, but no one ever wins political arguements. That's why we have elections. And before someone comes back with: "The last election was stolen", even with it's faults, democracy is better than what some other countries have. If you don't like what we have, wait til the next election. Try MSN news chats for some real entertainment. LOL Believe me, you'll hear it all there.

Jim~~~~~Glad to be an American. Rep or Dem controlled, still beats the rest. /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif

nAz
11-17-2002, 04:03 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote eg8r:</font><hr> Hey naz, how about you reply and let me hear the BS. I understand you are "smart" enough as you so eloquently post here, so please tell me the BS. I am willing to hear your side and then rebut.

eg8r &lt;~~~I don't think this is about being smart, I think it is about being ignorant and getting your knowledge from biased cartoons. C'mon try me. <hr /></blockquote>

I cant its not funny any more and you totally convinced me to move to the far right.I know i can never ever in my wildest dreams convince your type other wise, so i will burn my Independant party card and march to the war drums with you
Im now with you and dubja, chenne and the rest of the oil states.
By the way i am smart, im smart enough to say im sorry to you if i hurt your feelings with those pics and comments.
oh and sorry i took so long to answere you i was hanging out tonight, being on the computer more then 2 hours a day gets boring for me /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif have a good night no wait i mean good morning

P.S. Tom your were right about political satire here /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

bluewolf
11-17-2002, 06:33 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote stickman:</font><hr> This is all very entertaining, but no one ever wins political arguements. That's why we have elections. And before someone comes back with: "The last election was stolen", even with it's faults, democracy is better than what some other countries have. If you don't like what we have, wait til the next election. Try MSN news chats for some real entertainment. LOL Believe me, you'll hear it all there.

Jim~~~~~Glad to be an American. Rep or Dem controlled, still beats the rest. /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif <hr /></blockquote>

one more thing

Did you know that the federal income tax, social security tax and welfare taxes are illegal?
That they violate our basic rights as set forth by the constitution?
That it is 'taxation without representation'?

blu

eg8r
11-17-2002, 10:04 AM
I am thick skinned. I would also like to know what "my type" is. If you feel that my type is the one that argues with backup, is knowledgeable about the subject and lays out the reasons why, then so be it. I must be "my type". It may appear to come out as agression on the board but it is simply not as strong as that. I just feel that when you post something maybe you should have a little knowledge about it. If you just post what you hear and read in cartoons, well, maybe you should not say anything, or start it out with " I really don't know what I am talking about but..."

Just remember, in the PH it is all in jest (unless you are gambling, I will still be in jest but you will have to be serious. lol, I don't gamble.)

eg8r

eg8r
11-17-2002, 10:06 AM
Just to hear this record skip one more time the economy was going down long before Sept 11. It started while Clinton was in office. This is very easy for you to find out, but since you decide to just not worry about, then I guess I was right.

eg8r

eg8r
11-17-2002, 10:11 AM
Where the computer put you is fine. The ideals that you stated are Conservative. It is the other issues which have been kept secret that help you lean left. On a side note, believe in the Constitution as it was written not how you understand it. You don't get away from a ticket if you tell the officer, "Well I thought...". Now that you have a new job (I am excited for you about this) your time may be spent elsewhere, I just hope it is properly (constructively) spent.

eg8r &lt;~~~Does not spend all his time on this stuff, but really likes to play with my dog.lol

9 Ball Girl
11-17-2002, 10:47 AM
I gotcha, Ed. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

bluewolf
11-17-2002, 11:47 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote eg8r:</font><hr> Where the computer put you is fine. The ideals that you stated are Conservative. It is the other issues which have been kept secret that help you lean left. On a side note, believe in the Constitution as it was written not how you understand it. You don't get away from a ticket if you tell the officer, "Well I thought...". Now that you have a new job (I am excited for you about this) your time may be spent elsewhere, I just hope it is properly (constructively) spent.

eg8r &lt;~~~Does not spend all his time on this stuff, but really likes to play with my dog.lol <hr /></blockquote>

well i do care about it enough to go back and read the constitution and see if my ideals are accurate. In my early years i agreed with everything my dad said and he was a stauch republican. he said the groundwork for every disaster was laid during a democrats regime and it surfaced during the republican's regime. in many cases, i have agreed.

ed, like i said, i believe in states control. the only area i have sided with gore is his apparent concern for the environment. that was a crap shoot thought. he wrote a very nice book about what was happening to the environment. the reason gore was a crap shoot is that one could not be sure if he would really do anything about the environment or if he would revert to 'people pleasing'. i felt that he was a mean person. i felt bush was kind of insensitive when he talked about capital punishment.

the whole right to life thing seems that polititians contradict themselves on that but wont get into that here because it is way too contraversial.

as far as the epa goes, that is a joke. they just take money from our pockets in the form of taxes and often dont enforce much if the offender has lobbyists and politicians in their pocket. i think it would be better to abolish that org and let each state be responsible for their own pollution.

if you are thinking that i think the fed govt is rotten to the core you are correct. yep i will reread the constitution but i cannot believe that its authors ever thought this country would come to where it is today.

blu

Wally_in_Cincy
11-18-2002, 10:47 AM
nAz,

I was going to stay out of this but that cartoon reminded me of something. During the Clinton administration you could always tell when an important grand jury testimony or an impeachment vote was looming. That's when the cruise missles would start flying. Afghanistan, Sudan, Serbia, Iraq.

I may be wrong. If so, pardon me. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

TomBrooklyn
11-18-2002, 11:21 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote bluewolf:</font><hr> Did you know that the federal income tax, social security tax and welfare taxes are illegal?
That they violate our basic rights as set forth by the constitution?<hr /></blockquote>I'm with you. How can we correct this injustice, without moving to Montana. =TB