PDA

View Full Version : Who's The Best Player That Ever Got Hustled?

TomBrooklyn
11-15-2002, 10:33 PM
Or the best local guy you know?

Cueless Joey
11-16-2002, 12:17 AM
Efren was beating this player he was giving the 6 out.
Guy complains to Efren he doesn't mind losing but he'd like to shoot too. So he proposes Efren this. He tells Efren he'll take the 6 out again but Efren doesn't get to shoot until he makes a ball and misses. So the smart guy starts all his first shots by missing, lagging the ball, breaking clusters with combos. Then when he had to open table, he starts making an easy out to the 6-ball. Efren laughed and told him he's been had and quits.

Popcorn
11-16-2002, 09:33 AM
Surpassingly, most champions are not that hard to hustle. They like to play and are usually willing to give up a good game and don't usually pull up right away even if they can see they don't have the nuts. It becomes a challenge. As long as they don't know your real speed they may give you the nuts. We got a world class player once (name withheld) on a proposition. We knew who he was when he came in and he was trying to get us on a bet where you cut a ball in frozen in the middle of the foot rail with the cueball on the head spot. Most good players can make this shot in 5 tries or so. We played dumb and gave him the 10 shots he asked to make it. He could not make it and was switching tables, talking to himself, fixing his tip, he was going nuts. The ball would sometimes come close but never got to the pocket. He quit after about 50 misses. He even began to dog it after a while and could not have made it anyway. We all won money. What he did not know was that one of the guys had sprayed silicone spray on his hands. Once he handled the cueball it would not develop enough friction on the rail to make the cut. Remember, this guy was trying to rob us, we were just a bunch of kids and ten shots for him was a joke. I saw another world class player lose in one pocket to an average player. The game the champ offered was to play one and play safe. That meant he could only run one ball and use the next shot to play safe. What is funny is he insisted they must play at least three games. Before they started someone whispered to the weak player what to do. On his first shot he be broke the rack all over the place. The champ can only run one ball at a time, with the racks open the weaker player managed to win every game. He told us later that he played this proposition a lot of times, but no one had ever thought to do that before.

Brent
11-16-2002, 04:41 PM
....Brent once hustlered his dad /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Brents dad has never played pool in his life

MaineEAck
11-17-2002, 05:18 PM
I was once told a guy I would spot him this:
On every ball except the 9-ball and the object balls on the break, the rails can count as pockets. Can anyone guess why he didn't win a game? /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Cueless Joey
11-17-2002, 05:29 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote MaineEAck:</font><hr> I was once told a guy I would spot him this:
On every ball except the 9-ball and the object balls on the break, the rails can count as pockets. Can anyone guess why he didn't win a game? /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif <hr /></blockquote>
He scratched everytime he hit a rail. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif