PDA

View Full Version : Accu-stats scores?

Ludba
11-16-2002, 03:14 PM
Accustats lists the various nine-ball players with statistics next to their names, i.e. Earl Strickland (.881) defeats Corey Deuel (.832). How are these stats figured? Is this just a percentage based on pocketed shots over total attempts? That doesn't seem right.

Anybody know?

Cueless Joey
11-16-2002, 07:46 PM
It's based on balls pocketed/missed, position errors, successful and unsuccessful safes, fouls and scratches.
I believe not pocketing a ball on a break w/out scratching doesn't count against the average.
I know Parica shot 1.000 against Robles in 97, but lost one game.

Voodoo Daddy
11-16-2002, 08:03 PM
Wade Crane once shot a perfecto 1.000 in a final no less!! Contact Pat Fleming to find out what match it was. Allen Hopkins shot 1.000 on my friend Tom Brown once too...brutal man. For all you young ones to pool out there, I'll tell you about accu-stats. They used to put out a newsletter {monthly or so} years ago posting the top accu-stat scores of tournament match's way before they became the mecca of the video industry that they are today. Stats were broken down to Break, Run out opportunities, misses, scratch's, kicks, safes and banks individually and then compulated to form their overall accu-stat. It was way cool to read and argue over...HAHAHAHAHA!! How old did posting this make me feel?...HAHAHAHAHA /ccboard/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

Ludba
11-17-2002, 03:37 PM
Yes, but does anyone know how it's actually calculated? Specifically? Is there a formula?

Alfie
11-17-2002, 05:25 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Ludba:</font><hr> Yes, but does anyone know how it's actually calculated? Specifically? Is there a formula? <hr /></blockquote>
http://groups.google.com/advanced_group_search
newsgroup- rec.sport.billiard
key words- accu-stats total performance average
author- patrick johnson

Ludba
11-17-2002, 10:53 PM
Thanks, alfie. That was one of the most interesting and illuminating discussions I've ever read.

CarolNYC
11-18-2002, 06:01 AM
Click here: http://www.accu-stats.com/AS-inst.pdf
Hi there,
If you click on this site,it gives the format and the calculation!
Carol