PDA

View Full Version : decent 9 footer

bluewolf
11-17-2002, 05:37 PM
When ww and I move, hopefully in a month or two, we will be purchasing a commercial size 9 footer. We do want leather pockets, not the plastic ones with tacks. I have gotten some good practice on my 8 foot table, but both of us like 9 foots better since that is what we play on in competition.

We are not looking for fancy just good quality. I know brunswicks are good but feel they are somewhat overpriced. Are there any other good brands out there which we should consider. Also we live in the dc area. Anybody knows of any other pool seller besides champions. They are grossly overpriced. Gosh, they were charging 60 for the practice cb, and they are 20 or less through muellers.

Thanks in advance.

blu

Popcorn
11-17-2002, 06:32 PM
Pool tables should be purchased used. They don't hold value as you will see when you try to sell yours. You can get a good one for next to nothing sometimes.

bluewolf
11-17-2002, 06:42 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Popcorn:</font><hr> Pool tables should be purchased used. They don't hold value as you will see when you try to sell yours. You can get a good one for next to nothing sometimes. <hr /></blockquote>

thanks. will check into that. actually was going to sell mine cheap. it has served me well and hopefully the person who gets it will benefit. actually if someone on here needed a table but couldnt afford it, i would probably give it to them once i got the 9 footer but they would have to pick it up &lt;g&gt;

blu

Popcorn
11-17-2002, 06:53 PM
When you find one, you can take it down with little trouble and move it yourself. If you are afraid to try there is sure to be a player in your pool room who can help you do it. Once you have it on site you may want to have a mechanic put it back up but either way you can save a lot of money. It is satisfying to be a little self sufficient sometimes, even if you are not doing it for just the money.

bluewolf
11-17-2002, 07:09 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Popcorn:</font><hr> When you find one, you can take it down with little trouble and move it yourself. If you are afraid to try there is sure to be a player in your pool room who can help you do it. Once you have it on site you may want to have a mechanic put it back up but either way you can save a lot of money. It is satisfying to be a little self sufficient sometimes, even if you are not doing it for just the money. <hr /></blockquote>

thanks. we already had to do that to my table when we moved our stuff to germantown. ww did a great job and the cloth is good and tight.

blu

bigbro6060
11-17-2002, 08:50 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Popcorn:</font><hr> Pool tables should be purchased used. They don't hold value as you will see when you try to sell yours. You can get a good one for next to nothing sometimes. <hr /></blockquote>

I personally buy everything of value new, i hate secondhand stuff, that's just me

i agree that Pool tables hold their value quite well, the prices of new ones here haven't gone up in a decade !

Popcorn
11-17-2002, 10:59 PM
With a pool table, good ones are built to last a lifetime. A new Gold Crown cost almost $5000. Second hand is under $2000. Mine is perfect and I paid $400. The owner of the house died and the family members just wanted it out so they could sell the house. The table took up the whole living room. By the way, they set the price. That was what the local billiard supply offered them for it. When I bought the Gold crown, I replaced an antique Saunyer Willham (sp) with it that I paid $500. for and restored. I got $7500. for it before I set up the GC. I don't buy based on old or new as much as I do based on quality and value. Plus, it is more fun doing the research and getting a good deal. Regarding pool tables, my advice is right on, you take a bath on a new table.

Cueless Joey
11-18-2002, 02:32 AM
BW, find a used Gold Crown I or II. They are going around 2 grand. I just found one for a friend. 2000 for a GC I with ball return. My friend begged me for it, even though I was gonna broker it make some cash. It has had only two owners.
If you want a GC IV or Diamond, go to a pro tournament buy one after.
Really, the only thing new you should buy these days are clothes, food and cues. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif