PDA

View Full Version : Go ahead...deny it...but it's gonna happen!

rackmup
03-08-2002, 06:33 AM
<font color=red>"Getting married isn't gonna bother my pool game!"</font color=red>

<font color=purple>"My girlfriend doesn't care if I play!"</font color=purple>

<font color=green>"I'll still practice everyday!"</font color=green>

"Blah, Blah, BLAH!"

I've been in Texas one week and the cues haven't seen the light of a pool room!

Soccer practices, picking the kids up at school, cooking dinner and the "new" job are gonna kill my pool game!

SID! HELP! SEND BACKUP!

Regards,

Ken (snuck into Hawley's Billiards for a beer and watched "unencumbered" players having fun like I used to)

Doctor_D
03-08-2002, 06:44 AM
Good morning:

Help, is on the way !!!

Additionally, next time you stop in at Hawley's look up Sharon Hawley and tell her you are a friend of mine.

Dr. D.

BillPorter
03-08-2002, 09:05 AM
Ken,

40 years ago I heard this piece of advice..."If you want to improve your pool game, the two most important things to do are quit your job and get a divorce." Sad to say, I've done them both and still have trouble running 6 balls! ;&gt;)

03-08-2002, 11:06 AM
One thing I've learned, NEVER jump between a domestically thinking woman and her pool playing man! But I will try and rally all the "long tooth'd" players I can to circle your domicile ASAP. Just be ready for the shock, 'cuz put all these mugs together in one place and even YOU might be afraid to approach pool ever again!!!sid

rackmup
03-08-2002, 02:07 PM
(shhhh...get close...I don't want anyone to hear this...
Soccer practice sucks!)

Ken (shhh!)

03-08-2002, 04:35 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: rackmup:</font><hr> (shhhh...get close...I don't want anyone to hear this...
Soccer practice sucks!)

Ken (shhh!) <hr></blockquote>

Ya' know what Ken? That's what they are saying about your pool!
All I can say is make things very clear about your dedication (obsession) to the game of pool. If you don't, the minister might as well be a judge handing down your life sentence.

JimS
03-08-2002, 04:59 PM
Part of the commitment to a relationship is to yourself. If you don't make time to do what you love you will blame them and the relationship will suffer, maybe disintegrate. You owe it to THEM as well as to yourself to make a life that you will enjoy living.

You'll find the right time(s) after you're settled in and it becomes clear what everybody's schedules are like and after you've shown that you are willing to play your role as father and husband. Don't wait until you're truly pissed off! Talk about it now. "What would be a good time for me to slip away and play some pool?" "What night would be good for me to play in league?" It'll work out but you have to make sure that you are not short changing yourself to the point where you become miserable.

Regards, JimS

03-08-2002, 05:21 PM
Hi Jim,
Thanks for the advice. I can also say I am pretty miserable now. But this is a "pool" discussion forum not a "marriage" forum. So I won't depress all the members with my life sentence.
BTW, my son is of most importance to me and is the true joy in my life. I wouldn't trade him for nothing.

Tom_In_Cincy
03-08-2002, 06:08 PM
A 'whole' week. That's an eternity for some of us.
Once I got automatic deposit for my pay checks and a remote for my wife's TV. I wasn't needed much around the house... and I got more pool time in.

03-08-2002, 10:45 PM
Well, you can't say we didn't warn you!! LOL Hang in there Ken. It took two weeks for my boyfriend to get sick enough of me moping around the house to throw me out at the curb of the pool hall! Oh, wait, it was two minutes, and he took my pool table in the bedroom apart while I was gone!
Sadly, I'm not kidding,
Lorri