PDA

View Full Version : Sniper Tip

nAz
11-18-2002, 07:36 AM
My friend donated a sniper tip to my Pool cause on saturday night even put it on for me. did a good job on it /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif.
any ways i shot about 2 hour with it, hits pretty well sounds good too, but i don't know yet if they really are worth $17 a pop!
one more thing he said i should paint the side of the tip with a black marker so it can "look better" has anyone done this with a tip before?

SpiderMan
11-18-2002, 10:14 AM
Naz,

I sometimes use a marker on water buffalo tips to blacken them evenly (looks good over a red pad), but I usually prefer the burnished leather look. Also, Tony Jones (Talisman) warns that there is a possibility of the solvent in the marker ink softening the glue holding the tip layers together. Don't know if this applies to any other than Talisman, but I think I'd leave it alone.

SpiderMan

nAz
11-18-2002, 03:11 PM
Too late! haha ohwell if it gets ruin ill go back to elkmasters.
actually i think ill wright to tiger products and see what they have to say about it.

TonyM
11-18-2002, 03:20 PM
Other than the Moori, I think the Sniper tip is the best layered tip available right now.

I wouldn't bother with marker on the side of the tip. I look at the object ball last, so I could care less what colour the side of the tip is! Lol!

I don't think they cost anywhere near $17.00 each!

Who told you that?

Tony

nAz
11-19-2002, 12:56 AM
Got this email reply from tiger products...

Hello Naz,
>Not to worry, nothing will happen to the tip, you can go ahead and use the
>marker.
>
>Thank You!
>Tiger Products

@ Tom thats the list price $17.50 ouch! got to admint it hits great! and i got it for free hehehe

TonyM
11-19-2002, 01:54 PM
Tiger's "list" prices, and the selling prices are often quite far apart!

Lol!

Tony
-keep on truckin...

Troy
11-22-2002, 10:37 PM
I'm partial to Talisman Pro Tips.
I sell them for $6.00 each or $20.00 installed.

Troy

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote TonyM:</font><hr> Other than the Moori, I think the Sniper tip is the best layered tip available right now.
Tony <hr /></blockquote>

Cueless Joey
11-23-2002, 12:09 PM
I tried Sniper b4 and I thought it was too soft.
I'm using Everest now. I thought Everest was too soft too until I broke it in for two nights. Now I'm perfectly happy with my Everest.