PDA

View Full Version : Who is Jerry Forsyth?

PQQLK9
11-18-2002, 01:17 PM
I've listened to his excellent commentary on the Mosconi Cup and the WPC tournament and have been extremly impressed with his knowledge and relaxed delivery. Surely a man of his knowledge is/was an accomplished player.

Vicki
11-18-2002, 01:52 PM
He's the Tournament Editor for Pool and Billiard Magazine. Don't know if he ever played. I've only ever seen him at events with a camera... never a cue. He participated at the US Open Former Winners Players Roast and was positively BRUTAL. Cold hearted and relentless. He seemed to be the only one who understood what a "roast" is supposed to be. I enjoy his articles in pool & billiard. He's one of the better writers in the industry.

Vicki

PQQLK9
11-18-2002, 01:53 PM
Ok ...I found out myself...I guess Tom-Cincy and Fred-New England must be busy... /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif
Groups
Advanced Groups Search Preferences Groups Help

Groups search result 9 for jerry forsyth group:rec.sport.billiard

Search Result 9
Subject: Say hi in Derby City
This is the only article in this thread
View: Original Format
Newsgroups: rec.sport.billiard
Date: 2002-01-10 07:07:27 PST

Group,

Any RSB'ers who want to say hi, I'm the ugly guy with the bald head
carrying a camera around on a monopod.

-Jerry Forsyth
Pool & Billiard Magazine

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Google Home - Advertise with Us - Search Solutions - Services & Tools - Jobs, Press, & Help

2002 Google

PQQLK9
11-18-2002, 01:55 PM
Thanks Vicki... /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Wally_in_Cincy
11-18-2002, 01:58 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Vicki:</font><hr> He's the Tournament Editor for Pool and Billiard Magazine. Don't know if he ever played. I've only ever seen him at events with a camera... never a cue. He participated at the US Open Former Winners Players Roast and was positively BRUTAL. Cold hearted and relentless. He seemed to be the only one who understood what a "roast" is supposed to be. I enjoy his articles in pool &amp; billiard. He's one of the better writers in the industry.

Vicki <hr /></blockquote>

He also had the tough duty of covering a big pool tourney in Aruba of all places. It was the Pan-American games or something I'm not sure. Tough gig huh.. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

"Hey boss, I really need to go to Aruba....seriously" /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

AzHousePro
11-18-2002, 10:37 PM
Jerry is also one of the most honest and 'straight up' guys that I have met in the business.

From the first time I met him at the Camel 8-Ball event in Vegas a few years ago, I have always known him to give me his honest opinion and I trust what he tells me about this industry and the people in it 100%.

Almost everyone in this industry is (understandably) trying to make money at what they are doing. He really seems to be in it for the game itself.

He has made many sacrifices for this game and I believe he would give anyone the shirt off his back if they just asked.

I honestly consider he and Diana Hoppe two of the best people I have met in this industry.

Mike Howerton
AzBilliards

pro9dg
11-19-2002, 05:35 AM
Jerry is the nephew of Luther Lassiter and is a very knowledgeable individual. Good with the pen (or the Mac) and a wizard with the lense and the microphone.
My favourite cliche during his Sky Sports commentary is - "He's come up dry!" (he has not made a ball on the break).
He covered a tournament for me in the UAE earlier this year and did an excellent job as the Press Officer. He is a great guy, a plausible raconteur and (I hope) a good friend. He can also shoot pretty good and plays senior events in the USA.