PDA

View Full Version : DO YOU REMEMBER ?????

PQQLK9
11-18-2002, 03:38 PM
> > DO YOU REMEMBER ?????
> >>
> >
> > What a difference 30 years makes....
> >
> > 1972: Long hair
> > 2002: Longing for hair
> >
> > 1972: The perfect high
> > 2002: The perfect high yield mutual fund
> >
> > 1972: KEG
> > 2002: EKG
> >
> > 1972: Acid rock
> > 2002: Acid reflux
> >
> > 1972: Moving to California because it's cool
> > 2002: Moving to California because it's warm
> >
> > 1972: Growing pot
> > 2002: Growing pot belly
> >
> > 1972: Trying to look like Marlon Brando or Liz Taylor
> > 2002: Trying NOT to look like Marlon Brando or Liz Taylor
> >
> > 1972: Seeds and stems
> > 2002: Roughage
> >
> > 1972: Popping pills, smoking joints
> > 2002: Popping joints
> >
> > 1972: Killer weed
> > 2002: Weed killer
> >
> > 1972: Hoping for a BMW
> > 2002: Hoping for a BM
> >
> > 1972: The Grateful Dead
> > 2002: Dr. Kevorkian
> >
> > 1972: Going to a new, hip joint
> > 2002: Receiving a new hip joint
> >
> > 1972: Rolling Stones
> > 2002: Kidney Stones
> >
> > 1972: Being called into the principal's office
> > 2002: Calling the principal's office
> >
> > 1972: Screw the system
> > 2002: Upgrade the system
> >
> > 1972: Disco
> > 2002: Costco
> >
> > 1972: Parents begging you to get your hair cut
> > 2002: Children begging you to get their heads shaved
> >
> > 1972: Taking acid
> > 2002: Taking antacid
> >
> > 1972: Passing the drivers' test
> > 2002: Passing the vision test
> >
> > 1972: Whatever
> > 2002: Depends
> >
> > Just in case you weren't feeling too old today, this will certainly
> > change things.
> >
> > Each year the staff at Beloit College in Wisconsin puts together a list
> > to try to give the faculty a sense of the mindset of his year's incoming
> > freshmen.
> >
> > Here's this year's list:
> >
> > The people who are starting college this fall across the nation were
> > born in 1983.
> >
> > They are too young to remember the space shuttle blowing up.
> >
> > Their lifetime has always included AIDS.
> >
> > Bottle caps have always been screw off and plastic.
> >
> > The CD was introduced the year they were born.
> >
> > They have always had an answering machine.
> >
> > They have always had cable.
> >
> > They cannot fathom not having a remote control.
> >
> > Jay Leno has always been on the Tonight Show.
> >
> > Popcorn has always been cooked in the microwave.
> >
> > They never took a swim and thought about Jaws.
> >
> > They can't imagine what hard contact lenses are.
> >
> > They don't know who Mork was or where he was from.
> >
> > They never heard: "Where's the Beef?", "I'd walk a mile for a Camel", or
> > "de plane Boss, de plane".
> >
> > They do not care who shot J. R. and have no idea who J.R. even is.
> >
> > Michael Jackson has always been white.
> >
> > McDonald's never came in Styrofoam containers.
> >
> > They don't have a clue how to use a typewriter.

SPetty
11-18-2002, 03:44 PM
> 25 signs you've grown up.............
>
> 1. Your house plants are alive, and you can't smoke any of them.
>
> 2. Having sex in a twin bed is out of the question.
>
> 3. You keep more food than beer in the fridge.
>
> 4. 6:00 AM is when you get up, not when you go to bed.
>
> 5. You hear your favorite song on an elevator.
>
> 6. You watch the Weather Channel.
>
> 7. Your friends marry and divorce instead of hook up and break up.
>
> 8. You go from 130 days of vacation time to 14.
>
> 9. Jeans and a sweater no longer qualify as "dressed up."
>
> 10. You're the one calling the police because those damn kids next door
>won't turn down the stereo.
>
> 11. Older relatives feel comfortable telling sex jokes around you.
>
> 12. You don't know what time Taco Bell closes anymore.
>
> 13. Your car insurance goes down and your payments go up.
>
> 14. You feed your dog Science Diet instead of McDonalds leftovers.
>
> 15. Sleeping on the couch makes your back hurt.
>
> 16. You no longer take naps from noon to 6 PM.
>
> 17. Dinner and a movie is the whole date instead of the beginning of
>one.
>
> 18. Eating a basket of chicken wings at 3 AM would severely upset,
>rather than settle, your stomach.
>
> 19. You go to the drug store for ibuprofen and antacid, not condoms and
>pregnancy tests.
>
> 20. A $4.00 bottle of wine is no longer "pretty good stuff."
>
> 21. You actually eat breakfast food at breakfast time.
>
> 22. "I just can't drink the way I used to," replaces "I'm never going to
>drink that much again."
>
> 23. 90% of the time you spend in front of a computer is for real work.
>
> 24. You no longer drink at home to save money before going to a bar.
>
> 25. You read this entire list looking desperately for one sign that
>doesn't apply to you.

Karatemom
11-18-2002, 04:17 PM
Geez, and I always thought I wasn't that old!

Thanks, SPetty, reality has now set in. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Heide

9 Ball Girl
11-18-2002, 04:28 PM
Here's one:

At work the other day, one of the younguns (she's 21, I'm 28) had asked me if I had ever watched the show the Osbornes. I said yeah, I have. She then says, "well what happened to Donnie and Marie? Weren't they part of that family?"

Karatemom
11-18-2002, 05:12 PM
What planet is she from again? /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

J/K,

Heide ~ remembers Donny and Marie, Tony Orlando, The Captain and Tennille show, The Sonny and Cheer show, I could go on and on

Tom_In_Cincy
11-18-2002, 05:16 PM
I may be wrong.. its been a while.. but do you remember when "safe sex" meant 'moving away from the headboard'?

Chris Cass
11-19-2002, 02:17 AM
Tom,

I remember pulling one off. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

C.C.~~ /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

CarolNYC
11-19-2002, 03:59 AM
Hey pool DAWG,
Your absolutely right-my oldest birth was 1982-she had to do a report on "Son of Sam'-I was 17 at the time-she doesnt remember the 10:00 curfew,the song to choo-choo charlie good n plenty,the great NY blackout in the 70's,the clothes they wear now are clothes I wore to school-forget soupy sales and beany n Cecil!ha ha ha ha
Ahh,the good ole days-she also thought "wipeout' was a war!ha ha ha
Carol

Rich R.
11-19-2002, 06:25 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Tom_In_Cincy:</font><hr> I may be wrong.. its been a while.. but do you remember when "safe sex" meant 'moving away from the headboard'? <hr /></blockquote>
Or moving away from the dash board. /ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Rich R.
11-19-2002, 06:38 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SPetty:</font><hr>
&gt; 20. A $4.00 bottle of wine is no longer "pretty good stuff." <hr /></blockquote>

I remember $.99 bottles of Ripple and Boone's Farm Apple wine. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif We thought that was the good stuff. /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SPetty:</font><hr>
&gt; 25. You read this entire list looking desperately for one sign that
&gt;doesn't apply to you. <hr /></blockquote>
I didn't find any that did not apply. /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Voodoo Daddy
11-19-2002, 07:49 AM
1972...the Dolphins perfect season, the year I moved from NY to Miami &lt;a nice place to live then&gt;, the year my cousin came back from Veit Nam and hippie's threw tomatos at him and called him baby killer /ccboard/images/graemlins/mad.gif, the year my mom was diagnosed with thyroid cancer and given 6 months to live &lt;she's still kickin' by the way /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif&gt;, yeah I remeber. 2002, the year I got my head outta my crack financially, the year I finally got over gettin' divorced and the year I met some fantastic people in a certain Convention center in Virginia...I'll take 2002 anytime!!!

SPetty
11-19-2002, 08:14 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Rich R.:</font><hr> I remember $.99 bottles of Ripple and Boone's Farm Apple wine. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif We thought that was the good stuff. /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif<hr /></blockquote>Aah, your poor misguided youth. The good stuff was the Boone's Farm Strawberry Hill! /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Rich R.
11-19-2002, 09:58 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SPetty:</font><hr> The good stuff was the Boone's Farm Strawberry Hill! /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif <hr /></blockquote>
Actually, there was another flavor of the Boone's farm, imagine that, I can't remember the name /ccboard/images/graemlins/crazy.gif, that was the best of all. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

CarolNYC
11-19-2002, 10:45 AM
I remember when cigarettes were 65 cents a pack and the verrazano bridge was 75 cents-now there 7.00/pack and the bridge is 7.00-OMG-inflation-not only that,my college costed 500.00 per semester for full time student-my oldest is now 9892.00 /semester-give me a beak!
Love ya CArol

Rich R.
11-19-2002, 12:56 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote CarolNYC:</font><hr> I remember when cigarettes were 65 cents a pack <hr /></blockquote>
Carol, I remember when cigarettes were well under 50 cents a pack. /ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif Oh, I guess I shouldn't have admitted that. /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif

<font color="red"> </font color>

Chris Cass
11-20-2002, 02:14 AM
I remember when, McDonalds had coffee stir'ers. Back then they weren't used for that and they re-designed them.

I remember when, a piece was a gun.

I remember when, baggies with a daygo T was cool to wear. Along with black socks and dress shoes. Score in my hair and mom had Dipidy Do.

I remember when, there were Greasers, Climb'ers then Hippies.

I remember when, a drive by, meant just that.

I remember when, you got a letter that smelled of perfume.

I remember when, Coca-Cola had cocaine in it.

I remember when, we all would crowd around peering through the window of a restaurant watching Johnny Weismiller eat.

I remember when, cars were $3000. NEW.

Can't believe how times fly.

C.C.

CarolNYC
11-21-2002, 05:41 AM
The dashboard-ha ha ha-it was making sure you didnt borrow your parents 55 chevy with the big backseat!ha ha ha ha
Carol~had 65 chevy,62 MINT cadillac,66 El Camino,69 GTO!Oh, the good ole days!Friend had 67 GTO-ran low 8"s-loved the track-ah-the smell of nitro and funny cars!

Gayle in MD
11-21-2002, 07:53 AM
Man, you guys are young!! I had a membership card for the circle four ranch, the badge and the ring! Tap danced on the Ted Mack Show, and the original Steel Pier in Atlantic City! I remember when "Four on the Floor" meant you had a fast car with a floor shift! When Dixie Cups had pictures of Hop Along Cassidy on the back of the cardboard tops. When you were only allowed to wear slacks to school one day a year for the class may day, and jeans were something that farmers wore! Gay meant you were in a good mood, heavy metel was in salvage yeads! Going steady meant you could kiss at the end of a date, and people got dressed up to walk the boardwalk in the evenings. All the drugs were sold in Pharmacys, where you could get addicted to cherry cokes, a nickel each, and baggy pants were worn by kids who weren't cool! A bee hive was a hair do, and the only Spider man was a grandaddy long legs. Drinking booze was what the boys did, and the only news man was John Cameron Swazy /ccboard/images/graemlins/crazy.gif. Seemless stockings were new in fashion, and blue suade bombers with clips were "It" for the boys /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif. All sentences, directed to adults, that ended in yes or no, were followed by Mam or Sir, and Doctors smoked while writing out your prescription! /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif In the shoe store, you stood on an e-ray machine and looked through the little window to see if your shoes were too tight, and you never wore your loafers without the penny, /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gifand it had to be shiney. Women switched from bobby pins to rollers, and there was "Something about an Auqua Velva Man /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif." Angora sweaters, torreador slacks, Oxfords and bobby socks, /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gifthree pair rolled down, bermuda shorts, Brill Cream, knee knockers, fake fur sweater collars with big fur balls at the end of the tie strings /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif, feather earrings, pop beads, car hops, big hawaiian drinking glasses, Nancy Drew, Mr Wiggley, Johnny Ray, cats eye sun glasses, cats eye marbles, Weebles, Story Book dolls, Tiny Tears, Halo Shampoo, I can still smell it! Funny thing is, when my daughter was about five, we were watching a western, the covered wagons were rolling fast into a circle to prepare for the indian attack, and she says, "Mom, were those wagons comfortable when you were a little girl?"
Gayle in Md. Still think the late forties, fifties and early sixties were great! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

CarolNYC
11-21-2002, 08:32 AM
Whoa Lady,
First I miss you dearly and after all that, you still LOOK like Marilyn Monroe-whats the secret?Hey, I had a THUMBELINA!ha ha ha
stay well!
Carol

Gayle in MD
11-21-2002, 09:21 AM
Hey woman! Boy, I sure miss you too Carol. I was going to play in Rockville, but we had relatives from out of town, kind of unexpected guests. Wish we could have gotten together! If you don't get over here the next time you come to Maryland, I'm gonna be mad! Gotta get together, had so much to talk to you about! Say hi to that nice husband of yours, Jim! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Love
Gayle in Md