PDA

View Full Version : Keeping an open mind

Rip
02-17-2002, 10:06 PM
Sometimes people dislike things not because they are right or wrong, but they dislike them just because they are different. The new CCB format is certainly different and hopefully the "regulars" will decide to spend a little time exploring here before they abandon CCB. I find it hard to believe that anyone who is willing to play one pocket matches that last for hours would be unwilling to spend 20 or 30 minutes to acquaint themselves with the new format. That said, I'll bet the "run-aways" will be back as soon as they cool off a bit and realize the grass isn't always greener on the other boards. I'm hopin', Rip

cuechick
02-18-2002, 12:04 AM
I agree, it has a lot of great options and if you register and check out the My Home section you can set your own preferences including font size and index format. I love the option of the 'flat' thread, I like skimming down all the responses at once. I also like checking out who is on line and what they are looking out. I am amazed all those who seem to jump ship so fast! CCB's new format deserves more loyality.

Sid_Vicious
02-18-2002, 08:41 AM
I feel like people would keep open minds Rip as long as there is an open mind on the other side on the admin's front. I am unhappy that we don't have some response from them over the issues posted. Sure they may not want to baby-sit the board but some hand holding today would ease people into the mechanics of the format better than allowing anger and frustration, and then having to fix the attitude later. If I suggest that I would like a facet from the old style to be incorporated back into this new format, then I certainly expect that some notation to that question be mentioned by the CCB administrator.

It feels like to me that we are getting, "This is the way it is and you can either stay or go away, your choice." The change has ruined the board for all of my practical purposes. Blackheart aptly put it, "If it ain't broke, then why try and fix it!" sid~~~still waiting for true chronological messaging, I'll get much happier once that it back