PDA

View Full Version : Cloth Tear..............HELP!!

MinnesotaSlim
03-08-2002, 12:32 PM
This coming Tuesday we have to play league on a table with a small tear in the cloth. Does anyone have anytricks to cover the rip and keep the table playable? The tear is fairly small, "L" shaped about a half inch on each side.

I have seen the small green patch before but I really don't think they work that well.

Any ideas would be greatly appriciated.

Thanks in advance

Slim

SPetty
03-08-2002, 12:45 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: MinnesotaSlim:</font><hr> This coming Tuesday we have to play league on a table with a small tear in the cloth. Does anyone have anytricks to cover the rip and keep the table playable? The tear is fairly small, "L" shaped about a half inch on each side. <hr></blockquote>

Maybe a small square of duct tape about three quarters inch on each side?:)

MinnesotaSlim
03-08-2002, 02:02 PM
Should anything be placed in the tear itself. Otherwise there would be a ridge in the table.

JimS
03-08-2002, 02:20 PM
If it were the team that I used to play on, a bunch of really clumsy guys, I'm just sure that prior to the match one of them would accidentally make that tear a whole bunch worse. This one guy really gets clumsy, he'd find a way to get a whole damn bridge head under that tear!

Regards, JimS ~ disclaimer: in no way am I advocating that you /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif blah blah.

Rod
03-08-2002, 04:06 PM
Slim, at least you have some time to get a good reply. I have used super glue to repair smaller tears than that. It takes very little because it really soaks into the cloth. I put a little in the center, then a small bead along the tear. Hold it down with waxed paper with the palm of your hand. It should come out ok. Sometimes the fuzz from the tear might have an edge on it, but that can be smoothed by rolling a ball over the area. This will hold it down because your glueing it to the slate also.
Maby someone has a better idea, like a table mechanic or someone that works with fabrics.

MinnesotaSlim
03-08-2002, 05:13 PM
Thanks Rod,

I might give that a try

Slim

Chris Cass
03-09-2002, 02:34 AM
Hi Rod,
Great idea. Did it myself on a rail that was coming up on the bar box I was shooting on. Worked great.
C.C.

Rod
03-09-2002, 03:04 AM
Chris, just have to make sure you don't attach the finger to the table. I'd feel like an idiot stuck there, um what do I do now!