PDA

View Full Version : Good bye AOL

Kato
11-20-2002, 08:36 AM
Hello DSL /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif. I finally got my DSL shipped to me yesterday at work /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gifand of course I was very excited to get home and get started. So I run home (grab a 6 pack on the way) and start setting up. Following the directions step by step. But I couldn't get on /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gifI was so confused /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif. So I call tech support. After some restarts and checking things I found out that I had an uppercase letter on my login id and logging in is case sensitive /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif. Yes it is true, I'm a techno non-factor. /ccboard/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Kato~~~surfing like a wildman /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

eg8r
11-22-2002, 06:23 PM
Congrats, on the DSL. Since no one else said anything, may I ask how it is going? Are you still a fan, or do you miss trying to sing along with your modem?

Why hasn't OPC chimed in yet? He just got his DSL a little while ago. I was excited till he told me the first song he dl'ed was Eminems Superman. And then I forwarded him to the 'Why hate rap' thread. LOL

eg8r

Popcorn
11-22-2002, 10:11 PM
What service did you get. I am thinking about getting it but don't know if I am no the net enough to make it worth it. I should get it for my wife though. She really uses the computer most. I have been thinking about Bell South

eg8r
11-22-2002, 11:54 PM
I have SBCYahoo DSL. The connection is fine but I had a horrible time getting the modem. It took them 3 weeks to finally process the order and 2 weeks to get it here.

To get DSL or not, is really up to how much you are online and whether you want to spend the extra money. It is nice to get online and move around to different sites with a little more speed. I would think this site is a little slow for the dial up members. I do not know if I would have the determination to sit and wait for the pages to build every time I went to a new post or thread.

Also, if you ever want to start downloading data, music or video, high bandwidth is the way to go.

eg8r

Kato
11-23-2002, 07:34 AM
I'm on BellSouth. U.P.S. actually tried to deliver it 3 days after I ordered and then again the next day. Finally I wised up and went on U.P.S.com and changed the delivery address. All told, without my screwups I would have been online in approximately 5 minutes. Connecting is easy, configuring Outlook Express for my e-mail was easy and I'm flying all over. Beats the heck out of 42,000 connection speed. I also downloaded AOL Instant Messenger which happens to be the only good thing I can think of about AOL.

Kato~~~not giving it up.