PDA

View Full Version : "Fast Eddie's" Cadillac...

rackmup
11-20-2002, 04:07 PM
"TK 6" on the license plate...What does it mean?

A few ideas:

http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B000022456.01.MZZZZZZZ.gif
Bessey TK-6 Table Clamp

http://www.simplysports.co.uk/hockey/TK/images/tk6.jpg
TK6 32 inch

http://www.tonbandmuseum-korneuburg.at/tk6.jpg
GRUNDIG TK 6

None of these make any sense. Any ideas?

Regards,

Ken (home sick with the flu and incredibly bored)

Barbara
11-20-2002, 04:25 PM
Ken,

We've had that question come up before and no one could answer it. TK-6. No clue.

And Paul, if you're out there and lurking, please sign in and clear up this mystery!!

Ken, I hope you get over your flu quickly! /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif I'd send some pecans, but I hear chicken soup is better for that! /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Barbara

rackmup
11-20-2002, 04:30 PM
Then please...send chicken soup. Kato has my address. His "special" coffee beans arrived this morning.

Regards,

Ke....aah...ahhh...CHOO!...Ken

L.S. Dennis
01-03-2003, 05:06 PM
Note sure about K-6 in the "color of money cadillac" but do you remember what car fast Eddie had in the original Hustler?

Icon of Sin
01-04-2003, 09:41 AM
Technically that wasnt eddies car in the original Hustler, he walked everywhere, that was his partners car in the beginning, only time we see it is in the openeing shot whem the gas station attendent fills it up and checks it out for them.

all the other times in the movie he walks, like when he was going to the hall to play the kids in nineball... but I believe the car was an old Ford

Sid_Vicious
01-04-2003, 09:57 AM
Don't tell me you skimped on the cost of a flu shot again Ken! ;-) sid

Kato
01-04-2003, 10:37 AM
flu shots are no good. They are the anti-christ!!!!!!

Kato

L.S. Dennis
01-04-2003, 01:57 PM
I just got through reveiwing the beginnig part of "The Hustler" and although you're right in most of the film "Fast Eddie" walks most of the time, he was the driver in the opening scene of an early 50's Packard car.

Who knows how long Mosconi had to work with Newman to get him to make that trick shot in the bar at the beginning of the film!

Rod
01-04-2003, 04:52 PM
I don't have a clue long it took. Paul was in my place about 6 - 7 years ago. We played pool together with a couple of his friends. He said it took 41 days to shoot the movie. He was an ok player, probably better at the time so I doubt it took very long. I haven't watched it for a while but as I recall most of it was edited clips. So all you have do do is make it a couple of times for a take. 41 days is a very short time for a movie.

01-04-2003, 08:17 PM
I always thought the TK refers to tequila he was a alcohol salesman. I have seen TK used as a abbreviation for tequila before, but I may be wrong.

Warren_Lushia
01-05-2003, 06:49 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Icon of Sin:</font><hr> Technically that wasnt eddies car in the original Hustler, he walked everywhere, that was his partners car in the beginning, only time we see it is in the openeing shot whem the gas station attendent fills it up and checks it out for them.

all the other times in the movie he walks, like when he was going to the hall to play the kids in nineball... but I believe the car was an old Ford <hr /></blockquote>

technically, i think your off a bit. when eddie was walking around everywhere, it was after he gave the car to charlie. it is never made clear whether either one of them owned the car outright, but if one of them did, the movie clearly implies it was eddie, as he is the only one shown driving it. plus, when charlie comes to visit eddie at sarah's place, he says something like "you leave me the car, a hundred bucks and disappear like a thief in the night" (not exact, but it is something like that) so apparently it was eddie's car. i think they also show eddie putting the keys on the nightstand when he leaves.

the "tk 6 " remains one of the unsolved mysteries surrounding "the color of money". the funny thing to me is if the license plate had no significance, why was it displayed so boldly so as for all us pool nerds to remember it so clearly?!?! someday, maybe this mystery will be solved!!

warren..

Joel
01-05-2003, 07:23 AM
Eddie peddled cheap bourbon that he claimed was as good as wild turkey...TK-6....he even had fake labels. so, what does the 6 mean?