PDA

View Full Version : Transitioning from med cuts to hard & back

bluewolf
11-21-2002, 08:47 AM
When I first started playing pool and could only get in a 15% cut from a foot away, this sl7 told me to practice 90% rail cuts, saying it would made the easy ones a snap.

I did not follow this advice but went with Scott's advice to start easy and gradually move into harder ones. I wasn't until I was about 80% on cuts up to I guess about 60% that I started trying some almost 9o% ones.

In practice, I do some fairly easy ones before trying a couple of difficult shots that I am trying to figure out and have me stumped. I have found if I practice these first and then go back to easy ones, i miss dumb stuff. Like I can't transition backwards, my mind is so focussed in on the delicate stuff, the perfect cut, the perfect cb hit,perfect english on the cb when required, the perfect stroke speed. OTOH, if all of them are out on the table, and I am just hitting to pocket whatever comes up while noticing my stroke and followthrough(cuz if a dont follow correctly, the ball goes back on the table),they just become balls with a pocket waiting and then I can transition back and forth fairly easily.

Am I doing this all wrong or is this something, where my brain will get flexible with practice?

blu

Fred Agnir
11-21-2002, 10:12 AM
= alt+248

Fred

Rod
11-21-2002, 01:38 PM
Not good having a stiff brain. Adapt.
= alt + 0255
= alt + 148
= alt + 666

bluewolf
11-21-2002, 04:45 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Rod:</font><hr> Not good having a stiff brain. Adapt.
= alt + 0255
= alt + 148
= alt + 666
[ QUOTE ]

You and Fred are cute. WW does not have this problem,either. But then, I just got within several weeks to be able to make 85-90%maybe will get better when i dont have to think so hard, like when i am better at delicate cuts so dont have to concentrate so hard on doing it exactly right. just was asking if the transition got easier.

blu

<hr /></blockquote>