PDA

View Full Version : POSITION - TIP FOR THE INTERMEDIATE PLAYER.

HOWARD
11-21-2002, 01:58 PM
THIS IS A LITTLE TIP FOR PLAYERS THAT HANDLE THE CUE WITH
COMFORT. IF YOU ARE JUST BEGINNING LEAVE THIS ALONE.

START WITH OB ON SPOT AND CB SIX INCHES BACK STRAIGHT IN TO A SHORT CORNER POCKET AND CB IF DRAWN BACK FAR ENOUGH AND STRAIGHT WILL SCRATCH IN THE SIDE POCKET.

FOR INSTANCE PLAYING NINE BALL IF THE ONE BALL IS ON THE SPOT AND THE 2 BALL IS ON THE THIRD DIAMOND NEXT TO SIDE POCKET - SPOT SIDE OF OF SIDE POCKET - THEN GO LEFT TO GO RIGHT OR GO RIGHT TO GO LEFT.

WHAT DO I MEAN? SIMPLE USE A HALF TIP OR SO OF LEFT ENGLISH ON THIS DRAW SHOT AND A MEDIUM SPEED - IT WILL NOT SCRATCH IT WILL BE ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF THE SIDE POCKET. AND USING A HALF TIP OR SO OF RIGHT ENGLISH DRAW WILL HAVE THE CB ON THE LEFT SIDE OF THE SIDE POCKET.

THERE ARE OTHER APPLICATIONS TO THIS OBVIOUSLY.

PLEASE EXCUSE THE CAP LETTERS - I USE TO THEM IN MY BUSINESS WRITING - AND I AM NOT YELLING - JUST TO LAZY TO RE-WRITE THIS.

HOWARD

Rod
11-21-2002, 05:27 PM
Howard,

My thought is, why not just aim to the right or left side of the pocket with center low? It gets the job done without side english. I've see a lot of players try to get well past the side on similar angles and scratch. Many times with english, they didn't adjust the angle for the english.

HOWARD
11-21-2002, 05:53 PM
ROD,

THAT WORKS, BUT THE OLD SAYING IF YOU CHEAT THE POCKET THE POCKET MAY CHEAT YOU.

HOWARD