PDA

View Full Version : An Idea for a Pool training aid

bigbro6060
11-21-2002, 09:31 PM
I'm sure this must be technically possible now

I think it would be great if you had a cueball and a cue (obviously with both filled internally with electronics), which could feed back after any shot, exactly where the cue hit the cueball and also the exact force exerted by the cue on the cueball. There could be a marking on the cueball as a reference point for lining up shots (maybe even a full clockface) and maybe where you actually strike the cueball gets lit up. The force of the shot could be recorded on the cue and reset etc

what do u guys think ?

this would be an invaluable training aid me thinks

Wally_in_Cincy
11-22-2002, 07:42 AM
Bro,

You have a much more powerful analytical tool already and you carry it with you wherever you go. It's called your "brain".
/ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif
Keep it simple.

bluewolf
11-22-2002, 07:57 AM
bro,

Once you patent this marvelous invention, please do not forget your fellow ccber and to spread the wealth around <VBG>

blu

Rich R.
11-22-2002, 08:24 AM
I'm sure your invention could be made, with today's technology.
However, what would the cost be? /ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

I'd rather buy a few dozen Southwest cues. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Alfie
11-22-2002, 10:05 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote bigbro6060:</font><hr> I'm sure this must be technically possible now

I think it would be great if you had a cueball and a cue (obviously with both filled internally with electronics), which could feed back after any shot, exactly where the cue hit the cueball and also the exact force exerted by the cue on the cueball. There could be a marking on the cueball as a reference point for lining up shots (maybe even a full clockface) and maybe where you actually strike the cueball gets lit up. The force of the shot could be recorded on the cue and reset etc

what do u guys think ?

this would be an invaluable training aid me thinks <hr /></blockquote> I predict such a device will be available by the year 2525!

-- assuming man is still alive

stickman
11-22-2002, 10:21 AM
I don't have the link, but maybe someone else does. It was sometime back that someone posted a link to some sort of electronic pool gizmo similiar to what you discribe. The stick was wired up and the shooter wore a full display helmet. As I remember, it showed the tracking to make the balls, and the cost was outrageous. It seems like it was some sort of educational project. Anyone remember that link?