PDA

View Full Version : Opinions on Cue Tech pool school- Dallas, TX

11-23-2002, 03:19 PM
I'm thinking about going there, especially because it is so close. Please tell me which level class you took, what you did, was it well worth the money? Does it still help you or did you just learn things temporarily?
Thanks.

TommyT
11-24-2002, 11:26 AM
I attended the school last winter. The school is professionally operated and I felt I got my moneys worth. Randy,Leslie and staff really know their stuff and know how to teach it. The info they teach grows with you and becomes part of your game. I especially liked the eye movement chapter. Set, Pause and Finish !

TommyT <font color="black"> </font color>

Barbara
11-24-2002, 01:00 PM
If you're that close to RandyG, go!! I waited until he went "on the road" to CT and went to school there. It was his basic course and an intensive 3-day course and your brain will hurt from all the info. You definitely have to pay attention. And like Tommy T said, the eye movement workshop was a real eye-opener for me!

When I got back I didn't go to a pool hall for almost 5 months because I wanted to practice what he taught in the privacy of my basement. I believed that helped me utilize what I learned.

Good luck!

Barbara /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

bluewolf
11-24-2002, 06:13 PM
I took randy's school when it was here in Rockville, this fall. I guess everybody had their favorite part. Reinforcement of fundamentals with 'freeze' to do diagnostics was important for me. I also enjoyed learning draw in conjunction with tangent lines to get position.

blu

11-24-2002, 09:16 PM
Thanks for all of the input.

BrakenRun
11-27-2002, 07:13 PM
I have thought very seriously about going to there 3 day class myself. Can someone tell me about how much the cost is and how long the courses are? Thanks, Kevin

Chris Cass
11-28-2002, 12:49 AM
Hi BrakenRun,

I think you should contact RandyG. or the school itself. They'll give you the information and the cost. It all depends on what you feel your needs are. JAT BTW RandyG is a BCA Master Instructor too.

Regards,

C.C.~~ /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif I think it's a good idea...

bluewolf
11-28-2002, 02:57 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Chris Cass:</font><hr> Hi BrakenRun,

I think you should contact RandyG. or the school itself. They'll give you the information and the cost. It all depends on what you feel your needs are. JAT BTW RandyG is a BCA Master Instructor too.

Regards,

C.C.~~ /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif I think it's a good idea... <hr /></blockquote>

ditto. the school is 24 hours of instruction. everybody who has taken it has their fav parts. there is no way i could spontaneously cite everything i learned or what was presented,it was a lot. i would recommend it to anyone and any sl can attend. we even had some sl7 attend to needed to tweak a few things. the pupil to instructor ratio is very low and you get a lot of one on one time. randy conducts this class in a professional manner and is a BCa master instructor. in addition to this, he is a very nice person with a love for the sport. I cant tell you what the current price is, you will have to get that from Randy.I know that it was well worth the money.

randy has an advanced class, after the basic one, but i believe you have to take the basic one first. he will be back in rockville next fall and plan on taking the next class. randy told me he thought i would be ready in a year so am trying to get ready.

Laura

11-28-2002, 07:27 PM
I e-mailed randy (randyg@poolschool.com) and he sent me a flyer. This is from memory so this may not be exact but I'm pretty sure. Level 1-two 8-hour days $399, Level 2 three days $650, Level 3 2 dayse $399. He said you don't have to go to level 1 before level 2 although it said so on the flyer. I've decided to go there, now all I need is time and $650!

Chris Cass
11-29-2002, 12:53 AM
I wonder what level is what? I would think 3 days is what I think I'd need but I don't know? I'll ask RandyG in Vegas next yr. in May. Yep, another reason to say hi. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Regards,

C.C.