PDA

View Full Version : CCB tournament is on for Louisville!

Scott Lee
11-24-2002, 09:59 AM
Friday night, I stopped in to The Bank Shot, in Louisville, to speak with the owners about hosting a CCB tournament, to be held during the DCC in January. The Bank Shot is a very nice poolroom, right downtown, with about 10 Diamond Pros upstairs on the main floor, and another half dozen Gold Crowns downstairs. They told me the room is practicallly deserted during the week of the DCC, so we should have no trouble. It is also close to the Executive Inn. Tom from Cincy and I are trying to organize this, but we'd love to have anyone involved who wants to be.

Right now, we are planning a 9-ball tournament and a 1-pocket tournament. Tentatively, the 9-ball event will be held Friday night, Jan. 10, and the 1-pocket on Saturday, Jan.11th. Signups will be limited to 32 in 9-ball, and 16 in 1-pocket.

Any input is welcome...nothing has been cast in stone! Please post here if you are planning to play, so that we have some idea of how many players to expect.

I am also interested in having a banquet for CCB'rs and guests. Something, perhaps at the Executive Inn, along the lines of $10-$15 a head, and choosing from 3 different entrees...that kind of a thing. That way everyone who wants to come, knows how much things will cost, and can plan accordingly.

Scott Lee

bluewolf
11-24-2002, 10:51 AM
sounds great scott. sure you will have some takers. that is a fer piece for ww and i though, 8 hours one way, so count us out, but will have you in our thoughts!

blu

Tom_In_Cincy
11-24-2002, 10:59 AM
Anyone interested in the

CCB Dinner
CCB 9 ball tournament
CCB One Pocket tournament

Please email me at cincytom314@yahoo.com

Scott will be working the promotion side of getting money added to the tournaments.

I will be running the tournaments.

Format is up for debate.. some ideas are listed below.

Partners?
Texas Vrs. the world.. One Hole and 9 ball
East of the Mississippi groups will be established for partners.

All in fun.. the more trash talking the better. Sharking is allowed (but only one time a match)

Races can be determined by coin toss.. Heads, race to 4, Tails race to 2.

Rules will be Texas Express.. because the Texas group probably doesn't know any other rules.. well, maybe HDJ or Spiderman know something about the BCA..

Partners, rotating shot..

Entry fees will be $30 a head. (For you Texans.. that's 6 Five dollar bills)

See ya all there

11-24-2002, 11:48 AM
Is Louisville in Texas? Is there an age requirement (18+?) to enter?

Ludba
11-24-2002, 01:21 PM
I would love to do this, but this January is a bad time for me. Hopefully, I will catch you guys at the next one.

Voodoo Daddy
11-24-2002, 02:19 PM
If I can go {new developments at work}, the dinner smells of something outta Virginia /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif!! I will play partners with my half brother Chris Cass /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif...no one else...well maybe with Tom if he can rig the brackets, HAHAHAHAHAHA. I cant play partners with anyone from Tx...cause they say "Pardna" like in John Wayne movies /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif. Kato has to play with someone outside of the CCB, like SANDOR TOT /ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif!! Sounds like a good time, I need to get my boss straightened out...more to come

Chris Cass
11-24-2002, 07:58 PM
Hi Tom,

I hope the 1 pocket event is handicapped. I need the breaks bad.

Regards,

C.C.~~Kato needs Sandra Tot and Corey. HAHAHHAHAHAHHAHHAHA

Chris Cass
11-24-2002, 08:04 PM
Ahh Voodoo,

I can see it clear as day. Miss a shot? Get drenched. Miss a shot? Get drenched. Sell out? Get bound and gagged and thrown in the trunk. /ccboard/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Regards,

C.C.~~sure brothers till ya miss, then it's nice shot $hit head. LOLLOL

dddd
11-24-2002, 10:30 PM
do you know the time of day this tourney would take place?
i have another tournament to play on the weekend upstairs i do not know its timing yet either
i want to play in everthing i can but it want to watch everthing i can. i am so confused! what do i do?

what would the conflict between dcc tourney and this one? as far as watching matches being played.
i would like to play if possible with regards to timing and schedule.

i believe its executive west all the others have been execuctive west
execuctive inn and execuctive west are next to each other, with a road between.

if the hotel does not work out for eating, there is a nice place , within 10 minutes and only a couple turns from the hotel.
fifth quarter, on durrett lane next to the expressway I-264. its a steak house with a large salad bar,
it should have space for large parties with a reservation i am sure.

i will be here for all the days, and nights playing and watching...

dddd

Scott Lee
11-25-2002, 12:22 AM
dddd...Yep, it IS the Executive West I was thinking of. There should be little conflict with the DCC, as Friday matches will be down to the last few rounds. We're certainly open to suggestions for times. I was kind of thinking 5-6 pm for the 9-ball. The one pocket, on Sat., should be something like 10a-3p, which should not interfere with the finals, which I believe are later in the day.

Scott

Scott Lee
11-25-2002, 12:27 AM
Louisville, KENTUCKY...and no age restriction for the CCB tournament...but you must be registered with the CCB to play.

Scott

Alfie
11-25-2002, 02:08 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Scott Lee:</font><hr> ...but you must be registered with the CCB to play. <hr /></blockquote>I'll be sure to bring my "Alfie" ID.

Rich R.
11-25-2002, 06:40 AM
A SECOND CCB tournament. That is great.
Now it is the <font color="red"> CCB TOUR </font color> .
One more CCB tournament and we will be stronger than the UPA. /ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif
Unfortunately, I will not be making it to this one. /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif
I hope you get a good turn out and, of course, have a lot of fun. That is what it is all about. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Kato
11-25-2002, 08:39 AM
Count me in Scott. I'm sure I'll be out of the 9-ball side of the DCC after about oh.............11 minutes. I ain't playin' 1 hole with Cass, Voodoo, Tom. I will however brutally heckle all ya all, especially Corn Boy from Iowa or wherever he's from (no one really knows, he's in the middle of a corn field and can't get out).

Kato~~~will somehow manage to do this all in the middle of woofing at Rackemup.

eg8r
11-25-2002, 08:44 AM
Kato,

I sure hope I am able to go. I will help you woof at rackmup. I have a little experience in my short time playing with him. I would like to play in the CCB tourneys, but not sure if it will happen.

eg8r

Kato
11-25-2002, 08:52 AM
Listen eg, if you are in Louisville you have to play. The CCB in Virginia was really a lot of fun. Just come to enjoy yourself. The commradry of the event is worth more than the 30 bucks.

Kato

Chris Cass
11-25-2002, 08:53 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Alfie:</font><hr>I'll be sure to bring my "Alfie" ID.<hr /></blockquote>

Alphie,

I thought you just ask questions? You play also? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAA

Just kidding little buddy,

C.C.~~in one of those moods this morning... /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif

rackmup
11-25-2002, 09:03 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Is Louisville in Texas?<hr /></blockquote>

It was until the early 1800's. It was at that time, Sears &amp; Roebuck, along with Montgomery Ward, asked the State of Texas to loan them some land for warehousing and shipping/receiving facilities.

Upon agreeing to do so, Texas renamed that area of land, 'L.O.U.I.S.', an acronym for LOwer Unusable Infertile Soil. The 'ville' was tacked onto the end by native locals.

In the mid-1800's the great State of Kentucky was founded and now owns the town most people now now as Louisville. This was accomplished after Sears and Wards traded several toilet bowls to the state of Texas, giving Texans their first 'indoor plumbing'.

Just a bit of history.

Regards,

Ken

9 Ball Girl
11-25-2002, 09:09 AM
Waaaaaaa! I wanna go too! Damn job! Just a few things:

Kato - Woof, woof, woof at all of 'em
Voodoo - Don't you dare whip out that finger of yours
Rackmup - Beat 'em by laughter
Chris - What can I say? Just "run-em-out" of the "cornfields" /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif
Spidey - Tangle 'em up in your web /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif
Tom-in-Cincy - You know the deal. Pictures, pictures, and more pictures /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Wendy~~I gotta work so that I can play so that I can work so that I can play.../ccboard/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Kato
11-25-2002, 11:12 AM
With DSL and Outlook Express I can put as many pics in 1 e-mail as I want. Gonna be a few comin' from me this time around. Lot's better than last time.

Kato~~woof /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

eg8r
11-25-2002, 11:46 AM
Well, I will tell you what, if I am there I will play. It is getting there that is up in question right now. I am not sure the one pocket tourney can handle me though, I might have to stick with the 9ball tourney. /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

eg8r

Alfie
11-25-2002, 07:45 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Chris Cass:</font><hr> I thought you just ask questions? <hr /></blockquote> What ever would give you that idea?

Alfie
11-25-2002, 07:47 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Chris Cass:</font><hr> You play also? <hr /></blockquote> Actually ....... no.

Scott Lee
11-26-2002, 12:50 AM
Well, heck, Wendy! We'll miss ya...and naz too! LOL I guess we'll just have to set up a NY CCB tour event!
...now, time to think about that United Airlines sponsorship! LOL

Scott

PoolChick02
11-26-2002, 10:00 AM
I am still trying to see if I will be able to attend, but if I do&gt; Count me in!! I would love to meet the rest of the CCB.

The Rhino Chaser
11-29-2002, 01:13 AM
I'm going to be down Thursday and Friday so count me in for the nine ball. Scott are you coming to NW Ohio in Feb. again this year.

11-29-2002, 07:44 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Scott Lee:</font><hr> Friday night, I stopped in to The Bank Shot, in Louisville, to speak with the owners about hosting a CCB tournament, to be held during the DCC in January. The Bank Shot is a very nice poolroom, right downtown, with about 10 Diamond Pros upstairs on the main floor, and another half dozen Gold Crowns downstairs. They told me the room is practicallly deserted during the week of the DCC, so we should have no trouble. It is also close to the Executive Inn. Tom from Cincy and I are trying to organize this, but we'd love to have anyone involved who wants to be.

Right now, we are planning a 9-ball tournament and a 1-pocket tournament. Tentatively, the 9-ball event will be held Friday night, Jan. 10, and the 1-pocket on Saturday, Jan.11th. Signups will be limited to 32 in 9-ball, and 16 in 1-pocket.

Any input is welcome...nothing has been cast in stone! Please post here if you are planning to play, so that we have some idea of how many players to expect.

I am also interested in having a banquet for CCB'rs and guests. Something, perhaps at the Executive Inn, along the lines of $10-$15 a head, and choosing from 3 different entrees...that kind of a thing. That way everyone who wants to come, knows how much things will cost, and can plan accordingly.

Scott Lee <hr /></blockquote>

I'll try to go down there for a few days. What day is the tournament going to be.. I didn't see the date for it.. just that it's somewhere in January.

How long does it take to fly from Seattle to louisville?

Popcorn
11-29-2002, 07:55 AM
Go to www.derbycityclassic.com (http://www.derbycityclassic.com) for the info

Scott Lee
11-29-2002, 11:43 AM
Rhino...Yep, I'll be back in OH the 2nd or 3rd week in Feb., or the 2nd week in March.

Scott Lee

Scott Lee
11-29-2002, 11:49 AM
S.K...OUR tournaments are tentatively scheduled for Friday evening, 1/10 for the 9 ball, and Sat. morning, 1/11 for the one pocket. Seattle is probably a 4-5 hour flight to Louisville. You'd have to go through either Minneapolis, Denver, Chicago, or Salt Lake, most likely to get a flight into Louisville.

Scott

Tom_In_Cincy
01-08-2003, 11:06 PM
Just in case you are in Louisville and/or planning to be there Friday.. I will be taking signups for the 9 ball tournament at the Bank Shot.. at 6pm Friday nite..

And, for the One Pocket on Sarturday at 10am..

See ya there

dddd
01-09-2003, 06:00 PM
looking forward to seeing you,
will try to come by bank shot early 6ish and say hello.
i have a tourney at ex west 7pm friday, but will want to play saturday for the one pocket.

if you need my cell phone number email me.

dennis