PDA

View Full Version : New game called TIGER: link to rules

Duke Mantee
11-24-2002, 07:20 PM
I've been putting together a game I call Tiger.

Tiger has some unusual features--every shot is played with ball in hand; every scoring shot is a carom; each player shoots six shots each time he or she comes to the table...

Draft rules of Tiger can be viewed at:

http://www.msnusers.com/tigerpool/documents/tiger%20mantee.doc

--or so I hope.

I don't have any plans to commercialize this game. Maybe it will entertain a few players and help them with their tangent-line play. Any comments or suggestions for improving Tiger would be appreciated.

Thanks,

D.M.

PQQLK9
11-24-2002, 07:34 PM
Hey Duke, That link required a sign up and password and still did not work...can you paste the game infomation here...Thanks... /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Duke Mantee
11-24-2002, 07:46 PM
Nick:

Very sorry. I'll try to paste it up. Don't expect to see it too soon, though; I don't really know how to fly this thing.

Thanks,

D.M.

Duke Mantee
11-24-2002, 08:00 PM
TIGER: A NEW GAME

Duke Mantee
November 16, 2002

DRAFT RULES OF TIGER

1. Tiger is a game for two players.

2. Tiger is played with a white cue ball and nine object balls (those numbered 1-9).

3. Racking is as in 9-Ball (see World Standardized Rules of 2000, BCA).

4. All shots, including break shots, are played with cue ball in hand anywhere on the table.

5. The order of play is determined by coin toss. The player who wins the toss chooses whether to play first or second. If A and B are to play, and if A wins the toss and elects to play first, then play proceeds as follows. Player B racks the balls, and player A breaks and plays five additional shots. Player A then racks the balls, and B breaks and plays five additional shots. This six-shots-for-A, six-shots-for-B sequence constitutes a complete inning and is repeated nine times. The player who accumulates more points over 10 complete innings wins the game. If the score is tied when 10 complete innings have been played, single additional complete innings are played until the tie is broken.

6. All object balls pocketed or driven off the playing surface stay down until the shooter’s inning ends. (Exception: If all of the nine object balls are pocketed or driven off the playing surface before the shooter plays the last shot of his or her inning, the shooter spots an object ball on the foot spot and plays his or her next shot. If this situation occurs more than once during one player’s turn at the table, this relief is given each time the situation occurs.)

7. To score 1 point on a break shot, the shooter must cause the cue ball to carom off one or more object balls and into a pocket. In Tiger, such a shot is a legal scratch. If the shooter fouls while playing a break shot, his or her score for the shot is 0 points.

8. To score 1 point on a shot that is not a break shot, the shooter must either (a) cause the cue ball to carom off one or more object balls and into a pocket or (b) pocket an object ball by means of a carom without pocketing the cue ball. The shot described in part (a) of this rule is a legal scratch. If the shooter fouls while playing a shot that is not a break shot, his or her score for the shot is 0 points.

9. Fouls are as defined by the General Rules of Pocket Billiards (BCA 2002) except where the General Rules contradict Rules 1-8, above.

Notes

The legal scratches described in Rules 7 and 8a may be played as banks. Skillful players who are competing informally may elect to require that these shots be played as banks.

[Duke Mantee: Draft Rules of Tiger]

PQQLK9
11-24-2002, 08:14 PM
Thanks Duke...insteresting game, as you said great for learning tangent lines. I played a game a few years ago "ZOOT" I think was the name...required a carom scratch to score...