PDA

View Full Version : A Second Forum On CCB For General Topics?

TomBrooklyn
03-08-2002, 07:02 PM
This bulletin board supports having more than one forum. Would you like to see a second forum established for general non-pool topics? It would be a place to occasionally discuss non-pool topics with your CCB-Buddies. The usual type of stuff that you would post there might be about current events, computers or anything else on your mind. Whether BD would open a secondary forum is indeterminate at this time; but it would depend a lot, I'm sure, on whether or not there is a show of interest. As the inside supporters of Chicago's former political juggernaut used to say, vote early and often. If you read this far then vote. Do not leave without voting.

stickman
03-08-2002, 10:28 PM
The discussion forums that I was previously involved with used a different style of layout. The forum was divided into several subcategories. For instance you might have a General billiards discussion forum, a tips and tricks forum, cues, tables, rules, General BS forum for discussion of non pool related subjects, sports (where I could brag about my KU Jayhawks BB), and Web site suggestions. Just an idea. It may be far more work than anyone wants to go to. There could be other forums titles, these were just a few that came to mind.

03-09-2002, 12:14 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: stickman:</font><hr> There could be other forums titles, these were just a few that came to mind. <hr></blockquote>

this was the subject of our discussion, if i remember correctly, on this board before the big change as regards az.billiards and pp and where we would go if this one cratered. it seems the vast majority of posters liked keeping it all together, in a chronologically accurate format (did anyone miss that "chronicologically" stuff?)and therefore chose pp as the most like the 'old' format. i do not vote for bustin it up for different issues and don't get too bent when someone posts on a non-pool subject. even advertisers and promoter types. heck, they're the most interesting in the pool room.

shoot, we're all friends here.

dan

stickman
03-09-2002, 01:31 AM
Irregardless of the format, this is the best billiards forum that I've visited. /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif Off subjects don't bother me either.

TomBrooklyn
03-09-2002, 04:55 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: stickman:</font><hr> The discussion forums that I was previously involved with used a different style of layout. The forum was divided into several subcategories. For instance you might have a General billiards discussion forum, a tips and tricks forum, cues, tables, rules, General BS forum for discussion of non pool related subjects, sports (where I could brag about my KU Jayhawks BB), and Web site suggestions. Just an idea. It may be far more work than anyone wants to go to. There could be other forums titles, these were just a few that came to mind. <hr></blockquote>I also belong to some forums that do that stickman. Those forums get a tremendous amount of traffic though. I don't think we have such an overwhelming amount of topics and postings that they need to be subdivided; a general forum would really just be for BS'g about anything other than pool. I thought two forums would cover everything in the world, 1)pool and 2)non-pool. LOL.