PDA

View Full Version : Peabrain. Does Size Matter?

11-25-2002, 08:38 AM
Is the size of a mammals brain proportional to it's intelligence? For instance, how big is the brain of an elephant, a rhinoceros, or a whale? How big was the brain of a huge dinosaur?

Is the size of a human brain indicative of their intelligence? What is the largest and smallest brain a person could have.

Has anyone ever had a brain the size of a pea? If so, what fills up the rest of the space in their head?

-Slim

rackmup
11-25-2002, 10:20 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Has anyone ever had a brain the size of a pea? If so, what fills up the rest of the space in their head?
<hr /></blockquote>

Ham...big chunks of smoked ham. Sometimes...butterbeans with ham but mostly, just big old chunks of honey-glazed smoked Kentucky ham.

Regards,

Ken (ham)

Kato
11-25-2002, 11:16 AM
thingy around your signature I think of Knight Rider and that stupid theme song runs through my head.

Kato~~~~Micheal Knight did have some babes workin' for him in that truck though didn't he. /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

9 Ball Girl
11-25-2002, 03:59 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Kato:</font><hr> thingy around your signature I think of Knight Rider and that stupid theme song runs through my head. <hr /></blockquote>

Oh great. Now I've got that theme song in my head everytime I see it too. /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Wendy~~remembers K.I.T.T.

bluewolf
11-25-2002, 06:52 PM
if brains are anything like computer chips, they might get smaller too.

one point. a skull of a wolf is 20% larger than the skull of any dog. i have lived with a wolf before and no matter how smart i think malamutes, german shephers etc are, i have never seen a dog that was nearly as smart as a wolf.

living with a wolf is certainly a experience.

blu

CarolNYC
11-26-2002, 05:06 AM
Hey there,
Newborns brains are less than 1 lb.- by 6 years old,its 3 lbs.-the brain is 2% of total body weight-it requires 20% usage of oxygen from the entire body-should an injury occur and breathing stop, you have 3-5 minutes to bring that person back(via CPR-defribrillation,whatever) -Thank God for working for NYC-EMS-thats about all I know of the brain-but for some humor,
"Its not the size of the ocean,its the motion of the ocean"
"Its not how deep you plow,its how long you stay in the field"
Carol~pitbulls are very smart,also,1750lbs. jaw pressure per square inch!Whew! Tuff-stuff!Heads the size of crocodiles-must have big brains!:):)

bluewolf
11-26-2002, 06:54 AM
According to my background,it is not the size of the brain thaz matters,it is the convolutions in the brain.

I was in ems too for 5 years. Brain dead in 4-6 minutes unless the person has been frozen, or something.

In terms of dogs, poodles are small yet they are ranked in the top three in intelligence.

But I am not so sure anybody really knows what that is, since there are some many types.

And whoever would call anybody a peabrain is stupid and inaccurate in terms of human anatomy. Don't know anything that has brains that size except for an insect or something

blu

bluewolf
11-26-2002, 06:54 AM
According to my background,it is not the size of the brain thaz matters,it is the convolutions in the brain.

I was in ems too for 5 years. Brain dead in 4-6 minutes unless the person has been frozen, or something.

In terms of dogs, poodles are small yet they are ranked in the top three in intelligence.

But I am not so sure anybody really knows what that is, since there are some many types.

And whoever would call anybody a peabrain is stupid and inaccurate in terms of human anatomy. Don't know anything that has brains that size except for an insect or something

blu

Wally_in_Cincy
11-26-2002, 12:12 PM
If you put my brain on a razor blade it would look like a bb rolling down a four-lane highway.

I thought Knight Rider was a cool show.

Aren't wolves dangerous and unpredictable?

It's not the size of the <font color="blue">ship</font color> , it's the motion of the ocean.

I like peas, ever since I saw that cartoon charachter line em up on a butter knife and roll 'em down his gullet. /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

9 Ball Girl
11-26-2002, 02:13 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote CarolNYC:</font><hr> "Its not the size of the ocean,its the motion of the ocean"
"Its not how deep you plow,its how long you stay in the field"<hr /></blockquote>

Whew! I think I need a cigarette! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

dave
11-26-2002, 02:21 PM
NT

bluewolf
11-26-2002, 05:22 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Wally_in_Cincy:</font><hr> If you put my brain on a razor blade it would look like a bb rolling down a four-lane highway.

I thought Knight Rider was a cool show.

Aren't wolves dangerous and unpredictable?

It's not the size of the <font color="blue">ship</font color> , it's the motion of the ocean.

I like peas, ever since I saw that cartoon charachter line em up on a butter knife and roll 'em down his gullet. /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif <hr /></blockquote>

My wolf that lived with me was very sweet and never showed aggression towards anyone. I think most real wolves are that way. They are very shy by nature. it is many of the wolf-dog owners just like pitt bull owners that train them to be mean. i have know nice pitts too when their owners were nice.

blu

CarolNYC
11-26-2002, 06:55 PM
You know it GIRL!ha ha ha
love ya,
Carol

TomBrooklyn
11-28-2002, 10:37 AM
My turtle has a brain that must be about the size of a Pea. It could be as big as a Brazil Nut though. He's pretty stupid, although he's pretty smart for a turtle, I guess. He's 12" long closed up and about a foot and a half long when he stretches out.

TomBrooklyn
11-28-2002, 10:56 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote bluewolf:</font><hr> it is not the size of the brain thaz matters,it is the convolutions in the brain.<hr /></blockquote>So a brain like a cold wrinkled pea would actually be smarter than one like a plump juicy pea. Who would have guessed?

Perk
12-03-2002, 06:55 AM
Great..now i am at work not only thinking bout playing pool..but now i got the "motion and the ocean" and the "plow in the field" to think about as well...Thanks Carol...