PDA

View Full Version : Anniversary or Gold Crown I

Cueless Joey
11-25-2002, 10:04 AM
Which table would you want in your crib?

stickman
11-25-2002, 10:27 AM
I've played on both and couldn't tell any difference in play. As for looks, I like the look of the anniversary. JMO

SPetty
11-25-2002, 12:26 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Cueless Joey:</font><hr> Which table would you want in your crib? <hr /></blockquote>So, you're getting the baby a pool table, eh? Well now, I wish my parents had put a table in my crib! I'd be a lot better player than I am now, and, of course, the table would have quite a bit of antique value by now... /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Popcorn
11-25-2002, 12:41 PM
I have owned both and they are very similar in play. The one thing I don't like about the Gold Crown, and I have one now, is the table top design is not that good.The pocket area can actually be an obstacle. I like the flush top design of the Diamond tables. I may get a Diamond some time soon and get rid of the Gold Crown. I will say a Gold Crown may be one of the most durable tables ever built. People will still be playing on those old Gold Crown when you and I are dust.

11-25-2002, 02:17 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Popcorn:</font><hr> I have owned both and they are very similar in play. The one thing I don't like about the Gold Crown, and I have one now, is the table top design is not that good.The pocket area can actually be an obstacle. I like the flush top design of the Diamond tables. I may get a Diamond some time soon and get rid of the Gold Crown. I will say a Gold Crown may be one of the most durable tables ever built. People will still be playing on those old Gold Crown when you and I are dust. <hr /></blockquote>

if you're going with a new table then look at the g.c. 4. they fixed the pocket-top issue, expanded pocket size and removed the counter and metal emblem from the rail tops.

dan

Popcorn
11-25-2002, 04:02 PM
I am not that crazy about spending the money on a new table. I don't think I will be able find a used Diamond or Kim Steel. So I may bite the bullet and just get a new one. I think the new Gold Crowns may be a little over priced and I would need to get under the table and see how it is built. I thought the Gold Crown 3s were pretty junky

Cueless Joey
11-25-2002, 04:25 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Popcorn:</font><hr> I am not that crazy about spending the money on a new table. I don't think I will be able find a used Diamond or Kim Steel. So I may bite the bullet and just get a new one. I think the new Gold Crowns may be a little over priced and I would need to get under the table and see how it is built. I thought the Gold Crown 3s were pretty junky <hr /></blockquote>
You'll see used GC's and Diamonds on Fleabay often. There are some now.
New one? Jeesh, 4500 for Diamond? Used Gabriel, 4200, plus shipping and setup.
Used GCI or II can be had for around 2k. Same with Anniversary.

Voodoo Daddy
11-25-2002, 04:33 PM
Anniversary reeks of class...a piece of history and the best table IMO on the planet. GC1 is a great second but not in the same area code!!

Barbara
11-25-2002, 06:57 PM
Well Voodoo, I've got a GC I and it's a classy table all on its own. You'll see why when I show you a picture of it in a couple weeks!!

Barbara~~~coming down there with lots of pics!! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

#### leonard
11-25-2002, 09:34 PM
Guys I am trying to remember the Anniversary model for the life of me it is not ringing a bell. I remember the Centennials with the aluminum sides. For my money the ARcade and Kling models are the best ever by Brunswick. ####

Cueless Joey
11-25-2002, 10:52 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote #### leonard:</font><hr> Guys I am trying to remember the Anniversary model for the life of me it is not ringing a bell. I remember the Centennials with the aluminum sides. For my money the ARcade and Kling models are the best ever by Brunswick. #### <hr /></blockquote>
Centennial is the little souped-up version of Anniversary.

SPetty
11-26-2002, 12:16 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote #### leonard:</font><hr> Guys I am trying to remember the Anniversary model for the life of me it is not ringing a bell. <hr /></blockquote>Hi ####,

Here's a pic:

http://www.1freespace.com/jsd/JSDConsulting/Pool/Anniversary.jpg

stickman
11-26-2002, 12:35 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SPetty:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote #### leonard:</font><hr> Guys I am trying to remember the Anniversary model for the life of me it is not ringing a bell. <hr /></blockquote>Hi ####,

Here's a pic:

http://www.1freespace.com/jsd/JSDConsulting/Pool/Anniversary.jpg <hr /></blockquote>

The pic didn't come up for me, here's the link, if you have the same problem:
http://1freespace.com/jsd/JSDConsulting/Pool/Anniversary.htm